Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Time for Azubuike to get more selfish?

191 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Silky Smooth 
#1 ·
Interesting topic I saw on the Cats Pause website. I couldn't read the whole thing since I'm not a member, but here's my take on the subject:

Should Azubuike be more selfish? Yes and no. I know what he's capable of. Most people that post in the college forums know what he's capable of offensively. He's a beast. Every time I see him play, I can see that potential burning inside him, whether he's showing it or not. I always look at him and instantly I see an offensive monster waiting to come out of hibernation. I see a guy waiting to show the nation what he can do with high-flying dunks and smooth 3 pointers. Why isn't he? Sure, he's capable of it, but I'm loving his attitude right now. He's showing such devotion to this team right now by not playing to his full potential. He's playing according to Tubby's system, and that's to be unselfish. However, this UK team needs a star that can get it done when days are dark in game time. UK needs a guy that can get it done when it appears that there's no hope left for UK in a particular game. Do I think Azubuike is that guy this year? No. Do I think he will be next year? Yes. With Patrick Sparks and Kelenna Azubuike in the same backcourt, UK could be looking at yet another great guard duo next year. Could Azubuike be UK's go-to-guy next year? Yes. Azubuike knows that this year's team isn't his team. He's fully aware that next year he's going to surprise us all...

See less See more
#2 ·
Tubby is actually TRYING to get Buike to be more aggressive. Apparently Kelenna prefers to let the upperclassmen run the show and they are all wanting him to step up.

I absolutely LOVE the way this guy can explode to the basket. I guess he doesn't realize that when he does that it also fires the team up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.