Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Do You Like The Chris Webber Trade?

• Yes! The Trade Brought Athleticism and Moveable Pieces

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No! Awful Trade... Webber was our Superstar We Could Have Gotten More

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat Like It, Gave Us Moveable Pieces But We Could Have Gotten More

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Somewhat Hate It, Miss Webber, Didn't Do What We Could To Get More Out Of Him

• Neutral, Trade Was A Wash, Gained Nothing, Lost Nothing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like the Chris Webber trade now? I for one was EXTREMEMELY upset when the trade went down, but over time, it has really grown on me...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nice poll, S-Star. I like how you added those infos instead of a simple "Yes" or "No". :smilewink

I voted: Yes! The Trade Brought Athleticism and Moveable Pieces

When the trade happen, I was watching LOST (TV show) and a ticker came out at the bottom of my TV screen. I thought it was some Amber Alert or something must had happen. But it was reporting that Webber, Barnes and Bradley got traded! :eek8: I end up not watching the last few mins of LOST cause I had to go tell the whole family about the trade. :D I was shock that Webber got traded. After about 5 mins of being confused and shock, I understood why the trade was made. :rock:

I thought it was a good trade and I'm glad the new guys are showing why. :cool: Before the trade, we always suck vs more athletic teams. Ever since Webb got that injuried, he's being a different player and his D isn't as good anymore. (I wish we still have the old Webber.) Skinner, K9 and Corliss brings more toughest and depth to the team, something we really needed. We probably lost a good player in Webb, but we gain what we were missing.

We also have a GM named Geoff Petrie!! In Petrie I trust. :king:

·
Registered
533 Posts
i voted for yes! i like the trade beacuse it brought movable pieces and athleticism. at first i thought this was gonna be a horrible trade for the kigns but it has worked out pretty well. the new guys have been able to fit in and cwebb hasnt been playin that well in philly. if cwebb had gone to philly and had success rite away i would still think it is a bad trade but since he has been unsuccessful i like the trade.

·
Registered
521 Posts
^Webb haven't been as sucessful but I think the coach and AI also have something to do with that too. Still, I think it's a good trade for Philly even if Webb isn't getting amazing stats. With the trade, it gave Philly more hope, especially to AI. (AI was excited to get Webb, he even called Webb the min the trade happen and said he have never had a teammate with the talent Webb have.) 76ers weren't playing Skinner, K9 didn't seem much of a factor unless AI is sick and don't play and Corliss is probably the only guy they miss cause of his low post moves. But other than that, they aren't really losing much from the trade, IMO. They actually gain what they were missing: hope...I think if the trade never happen, the organization, players and fans will not be thinking of the playoff right now. Since Nets and Magics is not playing well enough to the 8th seed, 76ers probably will still make the playoff if there was no trade. But I think Webb in the team, it gives them a boost of morality.

I think the trade was good for both teams. :gbanana:

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
I really do trust Petrie, I knew there were going to be some mixed emotions on the Webb trade, but it was the right choice. I vote for number 1, more moveable pieces and athletcism. Kenny is just as mobile as a young Webb but certinaly not as gifted on the offensive end. So with that swap alone we are losing some firepower. Then we got a fromer 6 man player who provides us with toughness and additional scoring of the bench. So far the trade is looking alright but our biggest piece in my opinion is Brian Skinner, a good rebounder and physical presence inside. Skinner wont demand many shot attempts but will get double digits scoring more times then not on put backs around the basketball. If we can utilize him to play behind Brad and give us good minutues of the bench come playoff time I guarantee we would go further then we would have with Webb. Webb is one of my favorite players next to Peja and Vlade and I appreciate what he has done for the Kings organization, as much as it hurts me to see Webb in a differnt unifourm I liked what we got in return.

·
Registered
521 Posts
^Good post, pejavlade. I agree.

Btw, I like your avatar... :love:
May I also be in your Peja Stojakovic Fan Club??? :bsmile:

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Twix said:
^Good post, pejavlade. I agree.

Btw, I like your avatar... :love:
May I also be in your Peja Stojakovic Fan Club??? :bsmile:
Thanks,

I added you in the Fan Club also, its good to see you posting more frequently. Keep it up. :greatjob:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Pejavlade said:
Thanks,

I added you in the Fan Club also, its good to see you posting more frequently. Keep it up. :greatjob:
I love this forum...everyone's laid back and nice. :)

Thanks for adding me to the Club!!! :woot:

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think it was a solid move on Petrie's part. He was looking ahead and decided to trade Webber now, before he may be unable to later. I think it was a good long-term franchise decision.

BTW, has Brad Miller played since the trade? If not, then we really haven't seen this squad at full strength.

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
RebelSun said:
I think it was a solid move on Petrie's part. He was looking ahead and decided to trade Webber now, before he may be unable to later. I think it was a good long-term franchise decision.

BTW, has Brad Miller played since the trade? If not, then we really haven't seen this squad at full strength.
Miller only played 2 games with the 3 new guys, and they were 2-0.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts