Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to make another thread because this is really, really pissing me off. Pacers "fans" are saying Sarunas should be starting PG and we should trade Tinsley. How do they not see how great Tinsley is, he was awesome tonight, 35 mins and a double double (11 assists!) plus 5 boards and 3 steals. Sarunas on the other hand had a whole 1 assist in half the time. The Pacers don't need the PG to be a big scorer. Are people honesty that dumb or do they have that big of a hard on for Jasikevicius. I like the guy a lot but Tinsley is a better PG right now. He's also younger and will probably be in the league longer than Sarunas. Sorry, this is just really pissing me off that these idiots are talking about trading Tinsley who I think is our 3rd best player (been the 2nd some games this year). Plus they can't get it through their heads that we would only get 50% trade value for Tinsley this year anyway. So we'd get like another AJ and we don't want him to be our 2nd PG.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
No one disputes that Jamaal Tinsley is a really good player, it's the team chemistry that we're worried about. There is already a point guard controversy brewing, and it has the potential to divide the locker room. I can already tell that certain players on the team prefer to play with Jamaal, and others prefer to play with Sarunas. The great thing about Sarunas is that he hasn't complained one bit about his role on the team, he just goes out there and helps us win. Jamaal, on the other hand, pouts when he gets taken out of the game. We're less than ten games into the season and I'm already sick and tired of all this drama.

Also, on this board we want to be welcoming of different points of view. Just because someone likes one player better than another, doesn't mean that he or she isn't a "real" Pacers fan. Calling people idiots, isn't how we do things here.

Reactions: Zalgirinis

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
This is why I chose posting here over the other, larger Pacers messageboards on the internet. People on the other messageboards take things too extremely. I'm fine if people think Sarunas should start over Tinsley, but the Pacers haven't even played enough this year to get good judgment on everyone on the team. Trading Tinsley would be stupid, because Anthony Johnson is terrible at running the offense.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RP McMurphy said:
No one disputes that Jamaal Tinsley is a really good player, it's the team chemistry that we're worried about. There is already a point guard controversy brewing, and it has the potential to divide the locker room. I can already tell that certain players on the team prefer to play with Jamaal, and others prefer to play with Sarunas. The great thing about Sarunas is that he hasn't complained one bit about his role on the team, he just goes out there and helps us win. Jamaal, on the other hand, pouts when he gets taken out of the game. We're less than ten games into the season and I'm already sick and tired of all this drama.

Also, on this board we want to be welcoming of different points of view. Just because someone likes one player better than another, doesn't mean that he or she isn't a "real" Pacers fan. Calling people idiots, isn't how we do things here.

I wasn't talking about people on this board. Its people on IndyStar and Pacers Digest.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
I'm really starting to like both players. Tinsley should be starting, there's no doubt about that. He's the one who gets the game going. Like last night, we got on a 9-2 run in the first quarter. He had five assists in the first 7 minutes.

I've seen Saras hit some clutch shots, but he still shouldn't be starting. The Pacers need to get off to a quick start, Tinsley is the one who runs the offense quicker, so he should be the one starting.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Larry Legend said:
I'm really starting to like both players. Tinsley should be starting, there's no doubt about that. He's the one who gets the game going. Like last night, we got on a 9-2 run in the first quarter. He had five assists in the first 7 minutes.

I've seen Saras hit some clutch shots, but he still shouldn't be starting. The Pacers need to get off to a quick start, Tinsley is the one who runs the offense quicker, so he should be the one starting.
Completly agree!

Tinsley is our starter, no doubt about that.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
The Birdman said:
The Pacers don't need the PG to be a big scorer.
True, but they do need a dependable scorer and FT shooter when it matters and Tinsley isn't that.

I think if Sarunas got more minutes and starts he would put up respectable assist numbers. I was watching a Euroleauge thing on NBA TV the other day and they were talking about him and showing clips. The stuff he did in the Euroleauge championships I do not see Tinsley doing. I am a big fan of Tinsley and wish he could accept whatever role he ended up with, I also don't see him being able to do that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Starting is nothing. Its who plays the bulk of the min. that really matters. I just remember 2 years ago when we 61 games. Our biggest problem wasnt defending.. It was scoring points. That was even when we had big AL. We know our center is not going to produce points. You can figure Jackson for 15 to 20 a night. Ron and Jermaine cant score 30 each and our bench is not a scoring machine. Saras provides those extra baskets that we need as a team. but on the other hand jamal provides the assists that get the buckets..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts