Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this anywhere else and thought it deserved a mention.

I was at the game on Wednesday. Late in the game, Temple's Mark Tyndale and Charlotte's Dijuan Harris went barreling into the press table after a loose ball.

They both flew over the table and into the stands. In the process, they knocked over someone sitting at the press table.

Turns out, it was Temple's Al Shrier, SID emeritus and now an assistant to Bill Bradshaw. Dr. Ray Moyer, the team's physician, rushed over to take care of Al and, according to the radio report after the game, gave him some smelling salts. Al seemed fine as he lieft the court (to a standing ovation).

Both Tyndale and Harris stayed with him and Dr. Moyer until it was clear that Al would be OK.

Tyndale, you would expect it from, because of Al's standing in the TU community. But for Harris to do it, I thought showed a lot of class.

Since the Charlotte fans came over to the Temple message boards and saluted Dionte Christmas' behavior at Charlotte, I thought someone should mention a nice gesture by Harris.

·
Registered
490 Posts
From what I have seen this year, I think the level of sportsmanship in the A-10 is as high as I can remember. I think every school has a number of high quality young men representing them. Thanks, Mel, for posting this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It happened within five feet from where I was sitting. A friend of mine who is a policeman (also a former Owl football player from the glory days of Wayne Hardin) was the first on the scene, well at least the first after the players and Al. This while I sat there stunned by what I had seen, a 77 year old Temple icon taking a hard charge from two 20 year old DI b-ball players and hitting the back of his head on a metal step. I too was impressed by the conduct of the players, Tyndal held onto Al until help arrived, Harris watched over him until it was determined that he was not seriously hurt, then he apologized and asked if he was okay. You are correct a real class act that deserves recognition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.