Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think he might have a shot (with his nationally televised 3-point shootout in the Syracuse game and the Michigan State game), to get looks from some NBA teams. His size is a factor for NBA consideration, but look at Speedy Claxton of Hofstra who is 5'11" and 170.. TJ is 5'11" and 185.. If he works on his inside game he could be a good backup point guard in the nba... Has the ballhandling and outside game to make it... what do you think??

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not sure why more people don't think he has a shot? He can drain a trey from anywhere on the court, and NBA range is surely no problem, his handle is off the hook sometimes, and he hits 80%+ from the FT line. He is also a born leader, something you can't teach, and is absolutley fearless out on the court. I think he could stick with a team as a back-up (or 3rd) PG, who is basically the 11th or 12th man on the team for a year or two. Once he gets a shot in a system, i think he could actually be very productive for many years to come.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Absolutely. Many may laugh, but he reminds me alot of Steve Nash..Not bad company. Has all the tools and leadership too. :banana:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
You know, after this weekend, I think he has a shot. I never would have thought that but after seeing him school those big conference guys, I think he has a shot. What suprised me was how quick he seemed. He blew by the Mich. State guys a couple of times for easy layups. And his range, wow. Defensively, he held his own. Macnamara got ZERO open looks, TJ was all over him. His stock just shot up. He won't get drafted, but I see him being invited to a training camp.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i still dont think he has much of a shot... not straight out of college anyways. maybe if he can play elsewhere for 2-3 years and develop furthur, but he'sstill not much of a floor general, he's more of a sharpshooter.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree his stock has definitely sky-rocketed! If he has a good camp showing and gets invited to other NBA camps and impresses even more, he could get signed as a free agent.. Wouldn't it be cool if him and TC were on the same team? Wishful thinking...

Anyone have a scoop as to why UVM didnt sign TJs little bro last year (he apparently is leading St Michaels College (also in VT) in scoring and assists.. but I know UVM was looking at him when he was a senior in HS.... Maybe he will try to transfer to UVM.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
GoCats2001 said:
Anyone have a scoop as to why UVM didnt sign TJs little bro last year (he apparently is leading St Michaels College (also in VT) in scoring and assists.. but I know UVM was looking at him when he was a senior in HS.... Maybe he will try to transfer to UVM.
I am sure that it was James' spot to have, as I am sure that they would gladly take a point with a last name of Sorrentine over Chad Powlovich. Probably had something to do with TB retiring, or just something else. I have not seen him play, so I can't comment on whether he is a D1 prospect, but I have to think he does not transfer to UVM, as Lonergan is going to want to bring in his own guys, and preferably, not have them sit out a year, we'll see though.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I agree with everyone who has said that TC has the best NBA changes of anyone in the AE this year. Not sure how much there really is to debate on that.

I'm wondering, though, what others think of Sorrentine. After seeing him in Binghamton and on TV for the two tourney games, I think the kid could have a legit shot -- at least as much of one as Barea. I'm not sure there's much of a difference between Sorrentine and Barea in terms of talent, and Sorrentine obviously beats Barea when it comes to the intangibles like leadership, dealing with pressure, etc. Also, Sorrentine is bigger than Barea, and I'm convinced that Barea's size is going to be a problem for him at the next level.

Anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts