Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Tmac is limited on offfense...if you watched the Huston vs Detroit game tonight you should know what i'm talking about. All Tmac did the whole night was fake a dribble and pull up a jumper...And had 0 freethrow attempts.

So i beg to ask, what makes Tmac better or what makes some people think he's a level above Vince?

Carter put up 41 points against Detroit last season without any help except Kidd, also got doubled but still managed to score alot and the Nets were able to blow them out. Tmac couldn't do this with Yao on his team and good shooters, heck they even played better without him on the floor tonight.

To me they've been always equal in my eyes, but Carter might be better in some stuff offensivley.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I don't know if you can judge it by tonight's game...T-Mac played with a busted back. That probably had a lot to do with him not driving and no FT attempts.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Didn't you yourself just say that TMac is better than Vince in that game thread against Houston?

Obviously tonight was not a great exhibition of TMacs ability on the court, he was in pain all game long with his back...he couldn't even finish the game because of it.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MrCharisma said:
I don't know if you can judge it by tonight's game...T-Mac played with a busted back. That probably had a lot to do with him not driving and no FT attempts.
Not an excuse, Carter came back from injury last season and still dropped 25 on them on good shooting night.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Air Fly said:
I think Tmac is limited on offfense...if you watched the Huston vs Detroit game tonight you should know what i'm talking about. All Tmac did the whole night was fake a dribble and pull up a jumper...And had 0 freethrow attempts.

So i beg to ask, what makes Tmac better or what makes some people think he's a level above Vince?

Carter put up 41 points against Detroit last season without any help except Kidd, also got doubled but still managed to score alot and the Nets were able to blow them out. Tmac couldn't do this with Yao on his team and good shooters, heck they even played better without him on the floor tonight.

To me they've been always equal in my eyes, but Carter might be better in some stuff offensivley.
bad back caused him no to finish the game soooo I guess you might wanna use another game as an example

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PHeNoM Z28 said:
Didn't you yourself just say that TMac is better than Vince in that game thread against Houston?

Obviously tonight was not a great exhibition of TMacs ability on the court, he was in pain all game long with his back...he couldn't even finish the game because of it.
Yep, but i was mad when i made that comment, if you go back and re-read the thread you'll see that i've changed my mind and said that Tmac might be better but not by much. However, after watching this past couple of Tmac's games...I once again believe they're equal.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tone wone said:
bad back caused him no to finish the game soooo I guess you might wanna use another game as an example
Believe it or not, i'm not basing this on just this game...Against NJ this season, he did that all night as well but it was going in for him just not the case tonight i guess.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Air Fly said:
Yep, but i was mad when i made that comment, if you go back and re-read the thread you'll see that i've changed my mind and said that Tmac might be better but not by much. However, after watching this past couple of Tmac's games...I once again believe they're equal.
I dunno man, his past couple of games included a great game the other night (Not against Detroit but whoever they played the night before) and a game in which he scored 30 second half points against The Nets...

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mr. Roger's Cardigan said:
McGrady should not have been playing tonight. He had to stay upright most of the time while he was on the floor, so penetration wasn't really an option.
I think you gotta give credit to Detroit for closing down the lane for him to penetrate.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Air Fly said:
I think you gotta give credit to Detroit for closing down the lane for him to penetrate.
So I dont understand. Whats your beef then? You cant say in your earlier post that having a bad back is no excuse. Playing any sport and especially basketball, you cant get any lift with a bad back. Thats fact, thats not an excuse

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BEEZ said:
So I dont understand. Whats your beef then? You cant say in your earlier post that having a bad back is no excuse. Playing any sport and especially basketball, you cant get any lift with a bad back. Thats fact, thats not an excuse
I've watched the full game tonight, and it didn't look to me that he had a back problem at all....rather was struggling cuz of Detroit defense...At least thats what i thought before i posted this and i didn't know about his back problem. However, if thats the case, then forget about this game. I've already stated that this is not the only game i've seen him play like this. There are plenty of them and most recent one was against New Jersey.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Air Fly said:
Not an excuse, Carter came back from injury last season and still dropped 25 on them on good shooting night.
Have you ever had back spasms before? I had chronic back spasms during my freshman year of highschool and I couldn't even walk in between classes let alone play one of the most physically challenging games known to man. They're parralizing.
Air Fly said:
And you decided all of this over the course of ~3 games? Wow...

How can you say it didn't look like his back was hurting him at all tonight? I was cringing my teeth while watching him out there.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Air Fly said:
I've watched the full game tonight, and it didn't look to me that he had a back problem at all....rather was struggling cuz of Detroit defense...At least thats what i thought before i posted this and i didn't know about his back problem. However, if thats the case, then forget about this game. I've already stated that this is not the only game i've seen him play like this. There are plenty of them and most recent one was against New Jersey.
I didn't watch the whole game but I saw a replay with him grimacing and they even did a sideline interview with a reporter asking him what's wrong with his back. I don't think that Jersey game is the best game to bring up the VC vs. T-Mac discussion because T-Mac really beat us up badly in the second half.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Am not going to get into the whole whose better thingy but am growing extremely disappointed in Tmac. Even when he didnt have a bad back, his game has become ridiculously one dimensional. I know exactly what he is going to do everytime he goes down the court. His either looking for his shot, via a screen, if that isnt possible he takes a pump fake. The sad thing is he rarely drives anymore, basically a jumpshooter. He still is a very good passer and an extremely good shooter, but man he relies on that jumpshot too freaking much

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As i said i didn't know he had a back problem and didn't see the interview cuz i was watching this game live on the internet. But im not basing this whole VC is equal to Tmac on just this game. I"ve seen Tmac enough to make this claim and it's only my opinion. Chating here almost feels like it's general nba forum gosh.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Air Fly said:
As i said i didn't know he had a back problem and didn't see the interview cuz i was watching this game live on the internet. But im not basing this whole VC is equal to Tmac on just this game. I"ve seen Tmac enough to make this claim and it's only my opinion. Chating here almost feels like it's general nba forum gosh.
What do you mean it almost feels like the main board?

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BEEZ said:
What do you mean it almost feels like the main board?
I meant that i thought by making this thread i'll get support from my fellow Nets fans but guess i was wrong so far...and it just makes you feel like you made the thread in NBA General forum with no fan support like the poll we did a while back comparing the two. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Looking for fan support about what exactly?

I still think Vince > T-Mac but his is based off of years of observation and my opinion won't change because of a few good/bad games by either player.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PHeNoM Z28 said:
Looking for fan support about what exactly?

I still think Vince > T-Mac but his is based off of years of observation and my opinion won't change because of a few good/bad games by either player.
Thats the kind of support i was looking for...and i know that i was wrong trying to base this on just this game but i swear i didn't know about Tmac back problem when i made this thread. I hope he gets well, he's one of my favorite to be honest.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts