Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there was a thread like this 1 already ..o well i started another 1.... i am going 2 get alot of heat but id take KOBE over both of them.....post with ur opinions!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Pierce... and i got proof, he has the highest rating in NBA2K2...

peace

·
Registered
133 Posts
that doesnt prove anything...........i take t-mac though

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was saying it facetiously... i guess it doesnt carry that well over the internet...

·
Registered
22 Posts
My top 3 shooting guards

Kobe
Allen Iverson
T-mac

I believe that Iverson may be the better sg..but I'll choose Tmac over him on my team for the fact that he's more of a small foward, and can play both positions...

Kobe, Tmac, and Paul Pierce are all better than Iverson, but Pierce n Tmac are more like small fowards and more versatile..

Kobe can play 3 positions, plays better defense than all 3 players and makes plays when it counts

I like Paul Pierce, but he aint better than Kobe..maybe better than Tmac right now..pretty close, i'll say Tmac's better at the 2, Pierce is better at the 3..lol..if you guys understand what i'm sayin! i'm out...nite nite!

·
Registered
78 Posts
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Tracy McGrady
3. Paul Pierce
4. Vince Carter
5. Allen Iverson

If Vinsanity didn't wuss out towards the end of last season, I'd rank him #2. T-Mac's numbers are a bit inflated being that he has absolutely no help from his teammates, but he is an awesome player. But I give Kobe the #1 spot since he is the better defender out of all of them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This topic is played. I mean who is really gonna stop being a homer for a minute to answer the question honestly?:sigh:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hands down!!!........KOBE!!

KOBE OVER BOTH OF THEM BY 3 RINGS AND SOME!!!
Wasn't their a thread just like this last week????

All 3 are my top players....
The difference is - Kobe takes over and makes the big shots when the game is on the line time and time again.:cool: :D :cool: :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well we all now that Iverson is the top SHOOTING GUARD off the COURT!!! HAHA

Anyways, Kobe is the best All Around Player, and has had the people around him to help him show his abilities.

But keep your head up because Paul Pierce is COMING!!!!

T-MAC is the Best Athlete, but unfortunately he is getting no love from Grant Hill and the rest of the Magic. The kid is too young to carry the whole franchise!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
1.Kobe
2-Pierce
3-Tmac

Pierce and Tmac are about equal, but I just don't think it's right to be as arrogant as Tmac is, what is he talking about when he says, he has no talent around him, what a great teammate he is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GoCocs,

Be Honest...Name someone from the Magic that has any type of GAME. Hill doesn't count because he does not play.

Kobe has SHAQ

Pierce has Walker.

TMAC with SHAQ or Walker wouldn't be any better, but people would give him more love!!!

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by TheRealist
This topic is played. I mean who is really gonna stop being a homer for a minute to answer the question honestly?:sigh:
stop being a homer?:eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
who to pick?

Best Handles: Iverson
Best Hard Crossover: Iverson
Best Through the Legs Crossover: Kobe
Best Hair: Iverson
Best one-on-one defender: Kobe
Best passing lane defender: Iverson
Best Shotblocker: TMAC
Best passer: Iverson
Best Heart: Iverson
Best Ice-in-his-veins demeanor:Kobe
Best Mid-range game:Kobe
Best Long-range Game: Pierce
Best Spin move:pierce
Best "AND 1" finisher:pierce
Best fisher of fouls: Kobe
Best finisher (layups): Iverson
Best finisher (dunks): Carter, TMAC close 2nd
Best Floater: Kobe
Best reverse layup:Iverson
Best Post-up game: Kobe
Best off-balance shooter: Pierce
Best splitting of double team: Kobe
Best change of hands shot:Kobe
Best Fadeaway: Kobe
Best one-lane driver:TMAC
Best any which way driver:Iverson
Best pinballing driver: Pierce
Best driver to fish for free throws: Kobe
Best respect from officials: Kobe
Best respect from players: Iverson
Best respect from posters: TMAC
Best jab step: Pierce
Best step-back jumper: Iverson
Best bunny hop step: Pierce
Best finisher from the right side: Kobe
Best finisher from the left side:TMAC
Best finisher through the middle: Pierce
Best finisher over the top:Carter
Best Hangtime: Carter
Best playing through pain attitude: Iverson
Best Trashtalker: Iverson
Best Muhammad Ali imitation: TMAC, (he said he was going to blow up after he got sent to Orlando and he did)
Best keeping a grudge: Iverson
Best work-out attitude: Kobe
Best at giving out lame excuses: Carter (this was for things he did even b4 he was injured)
Best Joe Namath impersonation: Kobe (hey if you have a million vintage jerseys at home, you'd wear one to work too)
Best Posterizer: Carter, TMAC close 2nd again
Best chance of Hall of Fame: Kobe
Best chance of Hall of shame: Iverson
Best endorser of shoes: Iverson (it's the thug image)
Best wholesome endorser: Kobe (who else? just hate that saccharin grin though)
Best regular season Clutch shooter: Pierce
Best Playoffs Clutch shooter: Kobe
Best one man team:TMAC
Best at shooting you in or out of ballgame: Iverson
Best at exploding after halftime: Pierce (46 PTS!!!!!)
Best at exploding for three quarters: Kobe (56 PTS!!!!)
Best at exploding for last 5 minutes: Kobe
Best at exploding for the last 2 minutes: Iverson
Best stop and pop jumper: Kobe
Best moving sideways jumper: Iverson
Best streetball handles: Iverson
Best streetball dunks: Carter
Best streetball rep: Iverson
Best Over-all Athlete: Iverson
Best physical traits: TMac
Best Hops: Carter
Best Arms:TMAC, IVerson close 2nd
Best Height: TMAC
Best Weight: Kobe
Best quickness: Iverson
Best diving of the ball: IVerson
Best hustler: Iverson
Best position rebounder: Kobe
Best talent rebounder: TMAC
Best winning attitude: Kobe (ungracious winner though, hate that smirk)
Best Loser: Pierce (a little sore but knows what he must do next to win)
Best at projecting confidence at the court: Kobe
Best at NOT keeping his emotions on check: Carter ( too much mugging for the cameras after dunks)

Did I forget anything?

·
Registered
920 Posts
"Crazy Eyes" Grady gets all the attention on his team. He gets double and triple teamed all game long. Yet, he still puts up better numbers than Kobe.

If Kobe was the only option on a team his numbers would dwindle a little. No longer would his man leave him to help guard Shaq. If he were constantly double and triple teamed he would not put up as good of numbers as Grady.

Pierce in my opinion plays the best D out of all of them. He also scores the most points out of them. He led the league in total points and was third in points per game.

And the winner is:

Pierce

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Kobe, no doubt.

He takes over when he needs to. Pierce and McGrady don't do that. No question that it's Kobe.

Paul Pierce isn't even in T-Mac's and Kobe's class yet:no: .

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
Kobe, no doubt.

He takes over when he needs to. Pierce and McGrady don't do that. No question that it's Kobe.

Paul Pierce isn't even in T-Mac's and Kobe's class yet:no: .

Who puts up the best stats? Pierce

Kobe is the most overrated clutch player in history. He has missed more game winners than he has hit. In the playoffs the only game winner he hit was a layup after he rebounded Derick Fisher's brick. And the play wasn't designed for Fisher, it was designed for Kobe but he dribbled it off of his foot and Fisher was forced to brick. Kobe went and got the rebound and hit a layup. That is the only game winner he hit in the playoffs.

The other one he attempted against the Kings he missed. He shouldn't even have attempted it. Robert Horry was open and probably would have hit it. But, no Kobe has to be the hero...

He makes foolish mistakes in clutch time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Malakian...Have you been in a cave for the last 3 years or something??? Or let me guess...You haven't seen a Laker Game in 3 years???

What the hell are you talking about, Kobe isn't a clutch player??? And if Shaq wasn't there he wouldn't lead the league in scoring??

I know we are trying to rate 3 players here, but don't make any stupid comments like these...Pierce, T-Mac, and Kobe are all dope and all would put up 35 points on 35 shots a game if by themselves.

Please watch a Laker game without Shaq, and watch how everyone passes to Kobe and then just kicks it!!! The boy is Sick, He has Crazy Moves, and in the clutch...forget about it, KID IS MONEY!!!!

Turn around and talk out of your other hole next time!!!!!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts