Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

TMac to the Blazers?

474 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  JNice 
#1 ·
From ESPN Insider...

We can't post quotes from pay-only articles, including Insider. If you want to explain what the article has to say in a summary using your own words, that's okay -- but that's it.

-- MJG

#2 ·
i am not a magic fan by any stertch of the imagination, and i never thought i would say this ....... but ...... i really think you guys should trade tmac.

you could get rid of hills contract, take on sheeds expiring and i think have a good chance at coming back and causing some problems in the east.

Portland trades:
PG Damon Stoudamire
SF Rasheed Wallace
PF Zach Randolph

Portland receives:
PF Grant Hill
SG Tracy McGrady
PF Juwan Howard

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1416638

ORL

PG damon
SG girececk
SF gooden
PF zbo
C sheed

sure taking on damon is possibly trouble but he is gone in 05 so its not like he can get in that much trouble in only a year.

#3 ·
Originally posted by <b>shyFX325</b>!
i am not a magic fan by any stertch of the imagination, and i never thought i would say this ....... but ...... i really think you guys should trade tmac.

you could get rid of hills contract, take on sheeds expiring and i think have a good chance at coming back and causing some problems in the east.

Portland trades:
PG Damon Stoudamire
SF Rasheed Wallace
PF Zach Randolph

Portland receives:
PF Grant Hill
SG Tracy McGrady
PF Juwan Howard

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1416638

ORL

PG damon
SG girececk
SF gooden
PF zbo
C sheed

sure taking on damon is possibly trouble but he is gone in 05 so its not like he can get in that much trouble in only a year.

Not gonna happen. We definitely dont want Stoudemire. Randolph is great, but I would be concerned about his attitude and off-court ... I foresee future legal problems for him. And everyone is aware of Rasheed's mental deficiencies.

The only instance Orlando should trade Tmac is if next season he makes it known he plans to leave. Otherwise, you dont trade away a top 5 player for a bunch of guys with attitude problems.

If Orlando can keep Tmac around, they will soon have some options. Most likely they'll trade Howard at some point and should be able to get back a decent player, either a PG, SF, or C. They look as though they are headed to maybe a top 5 pick in the draft and there are some real interesting big men that will be available (Howard, Pavel, Okafor) ... and if Hill doesnt play another regular season game, and I hope he doesnt, his contract will come off the books sometime in the 2004-2005 season .. which means Orlando can hold off and use that money the next summer or trade Hill and his expiring 13-14 million a year for a bigtime player or a series of players.

Like they said, I think this rumor means absolutely nothing. The Portland GM said he has talked to every team in the league ... i'm sure he figures why not see if he can steal Tmac away ... but it aint gonna happen.

#4 ·
A trade like this could end up yielding the Magic Kobe Bryant... but who knows how that'll go. Of course, as a Blazer fan, I'd love that trade but I too don't ever see it happening, T-Mac is a top notch player.

#6 · (Edited)
I think McGrady, Gooden, DeClercq for Wallace, Randolph, Woods would be a pretty good deal for both sides.

However, I don't know if that works under the cap.

ORLANDO:
PG: Tyronn Lue...Rod Strickland
SG: Gordan Giricek...Keith Bogans
SF: Juwan Howard...Qyntel Woods
PF: Rasheed Wallace...Zaza Pachulia
C: Zach Randolph...Steven Hunter

PORTLAND:
PG: Damon Stoudamire...Jeff McInnis
SG: Derek Anderson...Wesley Person
SF: Tracy McGrady...Ruben Patterson
PF: Drew Gooden...Andrew DeClercq
C: Dale Davis...Vladimir Stepania

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.