Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

TMac, too?

865 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Firefight 
#1 ·
#6 ·
TMac has been rumored to Chicago every offseason since he was in Houston I feel like.

What a weird team Chicago could potentially have. I need to see a depth chart

#7 ·
Potentially:

(Rose) / Hinrich / Robinson / Teague
Hamilton / Belinelli / TMac?
Deng / Butler / Radmanovic
Boozer / Gibson / Macolm Thomas?
Noah / Mohammed

If we do acquire all these guys (and somehow stay under the $74 million), something tells me that we are working on a trade. Even though the Bulls are already in the luxury tax, there really isn't a reason to pay more tax just to add TMac and Radmanovic.

#10 ·
Another reason we may be looking at T-Mac could be Deng's wrist injury. It is still possible he will have surgery to repair the wrist after the Olympics are over, which would put him out of action until mid-season I'd venture to guess.

It sure seems like the front office is trying to keep the team afloat and in playoff contention until Rose comes back. And same thing if Deng is out for a time. This is actually some pretty impressive depth for a shoe string budget. 12 legit guys who can be part of a rotation (10 if Rose and Deng are out for a time), and 13 if we were to snag T-Mac.

Unless there are a bunch of injuries like last year, I see no reason why this team couldn't stay around .500 basketball until Feb/March, then make a late push if Rose and Deng come back around the all-star break and are in decent shape by start of April.

Might be enough to make some noise in the playoffs. (Cue Hoodey's "but we still won't win the championship!" complaints)

#11 ·
Unless there are a bunch of injuries like last year, I see no reason why this team couldn't stay around .500 basketball until Feb/March, then make a late push if Rose and Deng come back around the all-star break and are in decent shape by start of April.

Might be enough to make some noise in the playoffs. (Cue Hoodey's "but we still won't win the championship!" complaints)

This seems like the plan, no? The Bulls must have some faith that Derrick can play at a high level after coming back from his injury. They seem intent on building a squad that can play .500 or just above basketball until Rose returns. If you figure you have Rose for a couple of months of the regular season, you can make a final push and then hopefully be clicking on all cylinders. That's the utopian version of it, anyway.

I'll tell you, I'm starting to like the makeup of this year's bench better than last year's, just because of the scoring oomph that looks to be available.

#12 ·
Yes, they are building a team that can potentially compete when Rose gets back...but that is not the main goal IMO.

If you look at the way contracts are lined up, the Bulls are going to have some serious flexibility coming up soon...and can go in a number of directions. Whether they resign who they want to (Gibson), or trade (Hamilton/Deng), or eventually amnesty (Boozer), they are going to have a nice combo of young players, cap space, and an all-star.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.