Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be the only one that watches it but if anyone wants to talk about it I figured this single thread would suffice. Anybody have any ideas about who is behind Aces and Eights? I'm thinking Jarret for sure but not sure who else.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
I used to LOVE TNA when I was in 9th grade. They used to show it on Friday afternoons here, and I would rush home from school to watch it. Monty Brown, AJ Styles, JJ, Amazing Red, Sonjay Dutt, Kid Cash, Shark Boy, Jay Lethal, Abyss...man, they had an awesome product going.

Then they started taking WWE rejects, went to a traditional ring and started bringing in whoever was hot at the moment. Wasn't Pacman Jones & Ron Killings tag team champs at one point?

Didn't mean to deter the thread.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loved the six sided ring. That was so cool. Everybody you listed except for Monty, Shark Boy, and Lethal have been on Impact here recently... all rarely except for Styles. Austin Aries is awesome as hell. They have a pretty good storyline going on with Aces and Eights. It's live now also. Makes for a better show.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
I saw the most recent episode (2nd time watching it after Roode/Storm in a steel cage or something like that, dunno the names.)

The story line looks pretty interesting, reminds me of Nexus. Hope they don't go wrong with these Aces guys like WWE did with Nexus. Oh and Hulk looking like NWO Hulk was cool.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I dont watch tna, but if this aces and eights thing is to throw either Hogan or Jarrett into the spotlight it will be a mistake... Jeff Jarrett is just as bad as guys Hunter in terms of never knowing when to let others take over

·
Wow I was going to make a TNA Impact thread ages ago but didn't think it would get any replies. I watch every week. Good stuff BB.

Currently the product is pretty good right now but there's room for improvement. The X-Division is what made me a fan of TNA but now it's really nothing. I don't even know who the X-Division Champion is at the moment (pretty sad for a guy that watches every week). There isn't much of a tag division right now either. That was a division that use to be very strong at one point. And Devon is the worse TV Champion in the history of wrestling. Seriously can't stand that guy.

The Aces/Eights storyline is awesome because it leads to pure chaos every week. Not to mention the whole cliffhanger thing of who is it. Did any of you hear Hogan SNORTING/GRAWLING/BARKING like a dog during last week's episode? It was the greatest thing ever.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hogan was great last week. I figure Jarret has to be involved with Aces and Eights. Maybe not. Zema Ion is the X division Champ btw. He's pretty solid.

·
Oh ok. I remember Zema Ion.

I'm thinking Samoa Joe is the leader of Aces and Eights. He's the only guy that fits the build/size of the mysterious person. I know he was out there fighting on the last impact, but that don't mean much.

I'm really hoping it's not Jarrett or Hogan. We've seen enough swerves involving them over the last 15 years.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Masters was working for TNA's Ring Ka King over in India. It's possible that he could be involved.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
His contract is about to expire.. i have read that TNA is asking a bunch of talent to take paycuts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I read that Devon left TNA on Twitter not too long ago, any of you guys know what the deal is?
Rumors that him and Bubba are both heading back to WWE

- The Wrestling Observer reported earlier this week that Bully Ray was considered to be a probable re-sign for TNA, before Ray went on Twitter and hinted that he would be finishing up at Bound For Glory. It’s interesting to note that the two were originally a package deal for TNA but it appears that has changed as Devon has already parted ways with the company.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Matt Morgan could be involved with Aces and Eights. He's been tweeting like he's leaving TNA. Could be a work just to try to throw people off.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Matt Morgan could be involved with Aces and Eights. He's been tweeting like he's leaving TNA. Could be a work just to try to throw people off.
Matt Morgan's no compete clause is about to run out and will be with WWE by October

1 - 20 of 116 Posts