Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the combo of Barkley, Magic, and Kenny is way way way better than suckers of Anthony and Legler.

I think TNT deserves more air time than ESPN. ESPN sucks.......

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think the TNT cast is better by far because of Charles alone. I don't like the ESPN crew very much.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
I wondered what Barkely will do on the court as a commentator.

Gotta be fun huh?
He's done a few games before. It might have only been once or twice, but they switched the studio and game crews last year a couple of times just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
yea...TNT is a lot better to watch..no doubt about it

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
TNT is far better than ESPN. I'll always miss the NBA on NBC theme song.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I like TNT more than NBC. Though to be fair. It's a totally diffrent vibe. NBC was about drama and pagentry. TNT is about Thursday nights. Lewd jokes. Just having a fun time.

People forget that in the end NBC was starting to slip. Remember their studio show? With Jayson Williams and Pat Croce? Ugh.

EJ, Magic, Kenny, and Charles is the best studio show ever.

And TNT always has the top notch announcers.

Steve Kerr is quickly becoming one of my favorites. He reminds me of one of my friends. He's got kind of a dumb sarcasm that I like.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
ESPN > ABC
TNT > ESPN
NBC > TNT

So...

NBC > all...

BTW, I really hate ABC, especially when Al Michaels does games.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bruno34115</b>!
ya i downloaded the nba on nbc theme song on kazaa to preserve those great memories.
:laugh:

:yes:
I would also but I can't find it.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I downloaded the NBA on NBC theme too :laugh:

TNT is entertaining as hell. In terms being an actual anaylst, Barkley blows, but he is till fun to watch.

ESPN has Stephen A. Smith who is just annoying. Bill Laimbeer is good though.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Bill Laimbeer is one of the worst analysts I have ever seen. The guy can barely talk.

He is like a white Tim Hardaway, only he doesn't use sayings like:

"Yeah, they good. Fo Sho. Baron Davis like eatin and dishin"

Instead from Bill Laimbeer you get:

"Hey Bill, what do the Pacers need, they are on a little bit of a losing streak"

Bill: "They need better players. Better players would stop the losing"

What amazing analysis from Bill "Paluca" Laimbeer. A good analysis. I could fart out more coherent thoughts than he gives on ESPN. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
I don't really like the TNT coverage because all the time they're talking all at once and are talking about their lifes and how fat Charles is and stuff like that when I'm waiting to hear things about the NBA. And then at halftime they're supposed to talk about the game and they do it for a minute and then commercials come back for not even 30 sec and again commercials. It makes you change the channel. ESPN coverage is a little bit better. They spend more time talking about the NBA and show more coverage of games. Yea Bill is not a good comentator but they don't talk all at once like they do at TNT. :cool:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
DaUnbreakableKinG, I forgot about that.

That is another reason why I don't watch the pre-game, half-time or post game stuff with TNT, because they have 65-70% commercials.

It's like they can't afford the NBA so they put on a million commercials to cover the costs. Pretty annoying.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
DaUnbreakableKinG, I forgot about that.

That is another reason why I don't watch the pre-game, half-time or post game stuff with TNT, because they have 65-70% commercials.

It's like they can't afford the NBA so they put on a million commercials to cover the costs. Pretty annoying.
Yea, its very bad I mean if you won't put NBA stuff don't even have half time show and pregame stuff or post game stuff. Just show the game and then go to commercials and that way we know that we don't have to wait to hear anything. ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts