Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no comparison now. The TNT crew (Ernie Johnson is underrated) is so comfortable and smooth. Majic needs to work into the fold. He seems to agree with everything Barkley says.

I wish ESPN could have gotten some new talent. Kevin Frazier is fine and Timmy H will get better but I'm going to shoot the TV if I have to listen to Stuart Scott anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
It is early. Give them time.

I am hoping ESPN can take the NBA to the next level for the regular season.

·
Registered
452 Posts
ESPN

Stuart Scott in Studio

Sean Elliott and Brent Musberger as analysts.

TNT

Charles, Kenny the Jet, Ernie Johnson, Magic and Hubie in studio.

Marv, Van Gundy and the Czar.

I'll go with TNT. By a landslide.

ESPN should look to hire some studio analysts, maybe Mullin or Drexler. Stuart Scott by himself is boring and the announcers weren't much better.

Hitman

·
Registered
663 Posts
Marv, Van Gundy and the Czar.
When they showed them all standing together before the game they looked like the Rice Crispie "Snap Crackle and Pop" guys. Three midgets, I wish John Thompson or someone else would have been there for comparison. Or maybe they could have just stacked three apples next to them.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'm so used to hearing Muskburger do college football....I dont know, something just isnt right when he's doing NBA basketball.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hell, I can live with bad commentary. I just want more games on Australian cable. 2-3 a week is all we get til the playoffs

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
The TNT crew makes me laugh so hard, they are a good crew, they know how to keep it young and fresh.

-Petey

·
Registered
234 Posts
i hate the guy on the sidelines that works for ESPN when they call games.. Sal something.. he doens tknow any thing about basketbal... he sucks ! sucks! sucks! sucks!

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tmacizgod</b>!
i hate the guy on the sidelines that works for ESPN when they call games.. Sal something.. he doens tknow any thing about basketbal... he sucks ! sucks! sucks! sucks!
Sal Paolentonio. And trust me, being a Philly area fan, I know exactly how much that guy sucks. Only thing he knows about is Tennis, but they have him covering anything.

I think if Sean Elliot was teamed with a more colorful pbp guy, he'd be good, because he gives good insight during the game. John Saunders is so dry, so bad, so.. ugh.. he's best suited as a studio guy. I would suggest Mike Tirico, but he's got that College Football stuff.

Things that are good: No Dick Vitale, his long rants about every player in the world wears thin, and all he does is ye.. hold up, I'll stop, because you never know when they'll try to sneak someone in.

Why can't they keep Stuart Scott out of anything that has any sort of Urban following? He's an old man, stop talking slang! DIE~!

I think what ESPN should do, is take the mentality they have with NFL, take guys who played in the league. It can only help fans get accustomed to something, if they see familiar faces breaking the game down.

-Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts