Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, can you tell the difference between Kobe, T-Mac and LBJames?

Not talking about scrub analysis, here, I seek elite knowledgeble.

can you stand up to it?

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Man, you know John can't do what your asking... you know this. Watch how he responds in this thread, watch how he responds to this post. It's just not gonna happen. :clown:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
IV said:
Man, you know John can't do what your asking... you know this. Watch how he responds in this thread, watch how he responds to this post. It's just not gonna happen. :clown:
When one of the better posters asked for a more senior advice in anlaysis, a post like yours wont help the matter. Why get yourself in any trouble? You know I can break your post apart like I can break anyone's gamne apart so easily. The reason I didnt respond because I didnt have mood. I am not a freaking cool machine like you, I have mood.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Kobe Byrant.

Kobe is the best one on one basketball player in an NBA game. He has quickness, explosiveness, enough leaping ability to jump over 95% of the league players in the game.

T-mac Mcgrady is the best early offensive player in the game today. Sure, I hate him but you cant deny that his stop and pop 3s are the best in the league. So why doesnt Ray Allen shot like T-mac more often, why doesnt Reggie Miller shot like T-mac more often? Because they didnt have T-mac second tier explosiveness who can got by anyone at will in transistion so T-Mac always had enough room and time to aim his threes.

Lebron James is the smartest of all three. Everyone says he is the combination of Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. But hey, I found a better comparison. Lebron James is the Rich Man Charles Barkley when handling the ball in the perimeter, but his the the Poor Man Charles Barkely when lowposting someone The guy is like a tank where if you give him room to run with the ball, no one is going to stop in in fastbreak because usually guys who are fast enough to get back on defense are wing players and no one are strong enough to cover him.

I admit James is trying to insert himself more into a structured offense. He often tries to shoot that quick catch and shoot shot off screens, that was which Jordan added in his mid 30s where everyone on the team are involved on the offense and only go isolation plays when is needed. But I will go out and do my annual "Mark My Words" thing that he will not be able to add that shot as his regular weapon.

Now, I will stop for now not that I got nothing to say but just want to see if Paul wants to ask me something first.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
John said:
When one of the better posters asked for a more senior advice in anlaysis, a post like yours wont help the matter. Why get yourself in any trouble? You know I can break your post apart like I can break anyone's gamne apart so easily. The reason I didnt respond because I didnt have mood. I am not a freaking cool machine like you, I have mood.
Well we all know you can never be as cool as me. :cool: Not many can.....

But if you're gonna break it down, do your thang, I'm anxious to see what you got to say.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
John said:
Kobe Byrant.

Kobe is the best one on one basketball player in an NBA game. He has quickness, explosiveness, enough leaping ability to jump over 95% of the league players in the game.
True, true, but he doesn't jump as high as other like Vince, Josh Smith, maybe even Tracy. I've noticed he does attack the basket to jam the way he used to, usually he attacks the rim to get to the line.

T-mac Mcgrady is the best early offensive player in the game today. Sure, I hate him but you cant deny that his stop and pop 3s are the best in the league. So why doesnt Ray Allen shot like T-mac more often, why doesnt Reggie Miller shot like T-mac more often? Because they didnt have T-mac second tier explosiveness who can got by anyone at will in transistion so T-Mac always had enough room and time to aim his threes.
Reggie and Ray don't handle the ball as well as Tracy does. he's better at creating his own jumper off the dribble, plus he's longer and has more hops so he jumps over defenders after creating seperation.

Lebron James is the smartest of all three. Everyone says he is the combination of Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. But hey, I found a better comparison. Lebron James is the Rich Man Charles Barkley when handling the ball in the perimeter, but his the the Poor Man Charles Barkely when lowposting someone The guy is like a tank where if you give him room to run with the ball, no one is going to stop in in fastbreak because usually guys who are fast enough to get back on defense are wing players and no one are strong enough to cover him.
I dont see a comparision to MJ as far as style of play. Impact on the league and being the face of basketball, he's got that. His style of play is unique. He has the size and skill like Magic to work the entire floor, & he's developing a nice jump shot. While he has the ability to find his teammates and see the open floor, he's also the type that can go in and take a game over with scoring. Lebron is one of a kind.

I admit James is trying to insert himself more into a structured offense. He often tries to shoot that quick catch and shoot shot off screens, that was which Jordan added in his mid 30s where everyone on the team are involved on the offense and only go isolation plays when is needed. But I will go out and do my annual "Mark My Words" thing that he will not be able to add that shot as his regular weapon.
We'll see.

Now, I will stop for now not that I got nothing to say but just want to see if Paul wants to ask me something first.
OH snap! It's Pauls turn...... :uhoh:

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
John said:
Oh please, don't sound too conceited here. There's always someone better out there. I've seen a quite a bit of your posts. You act like what you say is from God's lips and everyone should stop what they're doing for your "incredible knowledge" and just take notice. You don't go anywhere thinking and acting like you know everything. Unless it means the world to you to sound like it on a message board.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
dissonance19 said:
Oh please, don't sound too conceited here. There's always someone better out there. I've seen a quite a bit of your posts. You act like what you say is from God's lips and everyone should stop what they're doing for your "incredible knowledge" and just take notice. You don't go anywhere thinking and acting like you know everything. Unless it means the world to you to sound like it on a message board.
:laugh:

Brutally Honest. I like! :greatjob:

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John said:
Kobe Byrant.

1- How would you describe them regarding:
a) Decision making;
b) Leadership habilities;
c) Halfcourt game.

2- Why do you hate T-Mac?

3- Who are the posters that you imediatly associate with those 3 players? How come? :biggrin:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Hey John, I like your Charles Barkley comparison. Hopefully Bron can become that kind of rebounder. But I do think eventually his game will become a lot like Barkley's was in the sense that he will start imposing his sizeable power advantage on wing players, and his quickness advantage on bigger players.

It's a problematic comparison because there are some key diffrences between the two. But intuitively, I think it's an interesting comparison to make. And I think Barkley sees the same thing as you, because everytime he talks about James, he says that he will eventually end up playing the 4.

GOOD STUFF! Food for thought.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
futuristxen said:
Hey John, I like your Charles Barkley comparison. Hopefully Bron can become that kind of rebounder. But I do think eventually his game will become a lot like Barkley's was in the sense that he will start imposing his sizeable power advantage on wing players, and his quickness advantage on bigger players.

It's a problematic comparison because there are some key diffrences between the two. But intuitively, I think it's an interesting comparison to make. And I think Barkley sees the same thing as you, because everytime he talks about James, he says that he will eventually end up playing the 4.
:yes: great post

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
I also agree with the Charles Barkley comparison, especially in the open court and utilization of mismatches. Definitely interesting analysis.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
John said:
I've been meaning to ask...why do you hate McGrady???

Are You a Magic fan, and hate how things ended last seson?

Are you upset that he wore the same # as Penny did while playing in Orlando?

What's the deal????

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
he's a combination of barkley and magic. he's got barkley's explosiveness, and magic's vision and offensive repertoire (uses spin moves and dribble penetration and some post game). he doesn't have magic's pg ability, or barkley's rebounding.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
tone wone said:
I've been meaning to ask...why do you hate McGrady???

Are You a Magic fan, and hate how things ended last seson?

Are you upset that he wore the same # as Penny did while playing in Orlando?

What's the deal????
He is a huge Raptors fan

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
John's Charles Barkley comparison is no where near as good as my "sick science experiment combining Magic and Michael's games w/ Karl Malone's body."

So, come on and bring it John!!!!

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
John said:
Kobe Byrant.

Nice analysis, but in the whole scope of things. You are still scrub poster who is 2 notches below the ELITE group of the true ol *** in BEEZ, EHL, BBalldoctor, or the young guns of HKF,KokoTheMonkey, MJG. Want true analysis. ask one of those guys. John is 2nd tier. Hes like Ray Allen and the others are Kobe.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts