Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These caught my eye {no, not my Danny Ainge impersonation ;)}

"I wasn't in their game plan and you could tell by the moves they made," Miles said. "They got wing players [Eric Williams and Kedrick Brown in an earlier trade with Boston] and Ira Newble [signed as a free agent in the off-season]. I wasn't really playing a lot. I wasn't in the rotation. I wasn't surprised about the trade. Getting traded from the Clippers taught me to never be surprised."
"When we traded for Darius, he was a young guy with potential," said Cavs General Manager Jim Paxson. "I'm not disappointed [in Miles' development]. Unless you have a crystal ball, you can't determine how quickly a player is going to develop. In two or three years he could become more of a consistent player that's a starter. What I'm worried about is how we can find a way to get better now and win before that time."
Now Miles will try to find time in Portland at small forward behind Ruben Patterson and Rasheed Wallace. Blazers coach Mo Cheeks said he'll also try Miles at backup point guard.
"Portland has a lot of talent and they're more of a veteran team," Miles said. "It's going to be fun to play on a team with big-time players like Rasheed Wallace and Damon Stoudamire. But I'm going to miss my ex-teammates. We were cool on and off the court. LeBron's one of my best friends. I'll miss playing with him and I'll miss those soldout crowds he brought in every night."

·
Registered
837 Posts
ABM

Thank you for your constant posting of interesting Blazer news. Those are great quotes. I agree how did Damon got a positive comment? Does Darius wants to have a good supplier in Portland? :D

I love his game (Darius') and Iam looking forward to going to the game now. He brings a ton of energy to the game. I like the quote Paxon made about him:
"When we traded for Darius, he was a young guy with potential," said Cavs General Manager Jim Paxson. "I'm not disappointed [in Miles' development]. Unless you have a crystal ball, you can't determine how quickly a player is going to develop. In two or three years he could become more of a consistent player that's a starter. What I'm worried about is how we can find a way to get better now and win before that time."
I think this is a make up deal for the Shawn Kemp fiasco. Not even a NBA GM can sleep sound at night after pulling something that shameless over someone’s eye :grinning:

Darius played behind and with some selfish or young group of players in LA and Cleveland. Lets hope he finds his niche in PDX.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ABM

Originally posted by <b>RW#30</b>!
Thank you for your constant posting of interesting Blazer news.
It is my pleasure. :grinning:

Living in the east puts me ahead of the pack in terms of throwing info out there. I very much enjoy doing it. (although, I do wonder if some get irritated with my seemingly incessant posting of threads - Speed Jr., as it were. ;) )

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Re: ABM

Originally posted by <b>RW#30</b>!
Thank you for your constant posting of interesting Blazer news. Those are great quotes. I agree how did Damon got a positive comment? Does Darius wants to have a good supplier in Portland? :D

I love his game (Darius') and Iam looking forward to going to the game now. He brings a ton of energy to the game. I like the quote Paxon made about him:

I think this is a make up deal for the Shawn Kemp fiasco. Not even a NBA GM can sleep sound at night after pulling something that shameless over someone’s eye :grinning:

Darius played behind and with some selfish or young group of players in LA and Cleveland. Lets hope he finds his niche in PDX.
Where have you been RW#30? Missed you at the bash.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I was a little mad about our beloved Blazers this summer. I figured out how in the world the new management doesn't make any move? Draft Outlaw? The constant trouble around this group and on and on, but players come and go so figured I'll be a blazers fan forever so to take breather and see the change from a distance .

Being a die heart Oregon Duck I was fortunate to go to some games and followed the College Football seen a little closer.

I like the W. Person trade and I love this one for many reasons. So I'll be back for a while. Fortunately I have the opportunity to go to games so I am looking forward to Saturday 12:30.

·
Registered
762 Posts
OMG! :eek: Does he really think Damon is a big time player? I'm starting to wonder if we have another assist/IQ problem.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Re: Re: ABM

Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

It is my pleasure. :grinning:

Living in the east puts me ahead of the pack in terms of throwing info out there. I very much enjoy doing it. (although, I do wonder if some get irritated with my seemingly incessant posting of threads - Speed Jr., as it were. ;) )
ABM, I appreciate all your info posts too.
It boggles my mind to think of how you scour the net for all the articles though.
Do you google like crazy, or have some script that looks for keywords and phrases? Inquiring minds want to know?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: ABM

Originally posted by <b>Skelton</b>!

ABM, I appreciate all your info posts too.
It boggles my mind to think of how you scour the net for all the articles though.
Do you google like crazy, or have some script that looks for keywords and phrases? Inquiring minds want to know?
Thanks.

Nahh, it's just my intuitive nature, I guess. In this instance, I thought that the Cleveland rags might have something to say on the trade issue, so I used my -->>Newspaper Source and went from there.

I do have a number of other sites (Hoopsworld, HoopsHype, Inside Hoops, etc., etc.) bookmarked which I try to check daily for rumors, etc.

That's about the size of it. :grinning:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts