Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about it.
National Television. Primetime. Front and center.
Against the league's bright new superstar Lebron.
Who just happens to be leading the team we are in direct battle with for playoff positioning. A game with definite ramifications on whether we can get home court advantage or not. And a game that decides the season series between two close teams.

In the United Center.

Has there been a bigger bulls game since Jerry broke up the Unbeatabulls?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
No Curry, no Hinrich...or at best, a very rusty, underconditioned Kirk Hinrich...and a subpar Luol Deng who can barely dribble or shoot because of a sprained right wrist.

It may be a big game logistically, but it hardly compares with this team's goal of getting healthy and prepared for the playoffs.

While it might be nice to earn that 4th seed and home court advantage in the first round, I believe that its also possible to finish 6th and still have home court advantage in the first round against the 3rd seed if your won/loss record is better than the Atlantic Division winner...and that's exactly the case at this moment because Cleveland's record is better than Boston's.

As for appearing on TNT...have no fear. If the Bulls represent in the playoffs they'll get plenty of opportunities for national exposure next year no matter how they perform tonight.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
futuristxen said:
Think about it.
National Television. Primetime. Front and center.
Against the league's bright new superstar Lebron.
Who just happens to be leading the team we are in direct battle with for playoff positioning. A game with definite ramifications on whether we can get home court advantage or not. And a game that decides the season series between two close teams.

In the United Center.

Has there been a bigger bulls game since Jerry broke up the Unbeatabulls?
This makes me worry with our best scorer on the bench and our second best looking questionable. Should be interesting. We'll need a much better effort than yesterday to do it.

Oh, and JK didn't break up the Unbeatbulls.
:)

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
It's a big game in my mind, and might be the biggest post-dynasty (not saying much though)...however, I agree with Kismet. This game won't really speak volumes since we're playing so short-handed. I expect a fight to the finish nonetheless; this Bulls team is amazingly gritty. The past couple road wins exemplify that, particularly the Boston win (which was probably a bigger win than what tonight's game would be). The upcoming game @ Washington will be of equal importance for playoff positioning.

·
BAIT
12,946 Posts
I can agree with that. I think it will be close, however, between this game and whenever we play the Wizards next.

It may just be me, but (thanks mainly to the preseason brawl) I think the Wizards/Bulls can be blossoming into a beautiful rivalry. Even moreso now that we might meet them in the playoffs.

Who woulda' thunk it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts