Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...-celtics-alleninvestigation&prov=ap&type=lgns

Boston Celtics guard Tony Allen was indicted Wednesday on three counts of aggravated battery stemming from a fight that escalated into a shooting outside a Chicago diner in August.

Aggravated battery carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.
I think most of us think he'll get off, but even if he does play this season, he probably won't get many minutes at all......just been out of the team's sight for too long.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
With his prior history, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some jail time, but community service and a lot of probation is likely.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
he wont get any jail time...these max sentance things are all bs...hell get probabtion

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If they have him on tape inciting someone to shoot that guy, I wouldn't be so sure.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
dang it man, why did you have to do this TA? freaking genius.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
cgcatsfan said:
If they have him on tape inciting someone to shoot that guy, I wouldn't be so sure.

how would they b e able to tell that he was telling his friend to shoot the guy....eh didnt pantamime it out...even if the tape shows TA pointing to the victim that doesnt mean anything

rememebr michael jacksons max jail time like 6 months ago was how many years??? everyone knows he did someting...but look hes a free man

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Guess it depends on if the tape has audio.
I'm not happy about any of this, but it has been reported in the press.
Whether the report of them having him on tape is true or not remains to be seen.
I don't want any of it to be true, I'd rather have him on the court.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
whiterhino said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/11/16/celtics.allen.ap/index.html

Bad news for TA, honestly if he's guilty, do we really want him? I don't, I don't want guys like that playing for the c's....it's sad but it's the way I feel about it. I don't like Punks.
I hear you but it all depends. Is he a "punk" or was he just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Or was it just a one time thing?

Point is the jury should be out on the kid until we know more. There is the possibility that he is guilty AND generally a bad seed. In that case no I would not want him around. But we'll see.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
There just seem to be some warning signs going out about TA at this point.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
From some of the articles, it has been described as an ongoing problem between TA and the other guy who got his eye socket broken.

Hopefully, the truth will out and the outcome will be fair to everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts