Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i said it. i already addressed it in anothr foum and i think it deserves its own thread. he shoots about 50% on almost all lay-ups. opponents know this but cant stop him. i think too many guys fall in love with the flashiness of A.I. and marbury and guys lik that, but if you ould watch games you would see how easy tony breaks down defense and scores. he makes the other team look as if they arent playing defense how easy he finishs

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Take a look at your sig and remind your self to stay clean. I know you're a Spurs fan and all but there are guys like Iverson and Marbury that you mentioned. Along with Wade, Francis, and even Baron Davis are better finishers than he is.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see! you are caught up into this flashy, stretball hype about thm, but if you would watch them play they may make fancy attempts, but they miss a lot of them, especially if there is contact. and those that do go on go on sportscenter so ppl see that and think that happens on a regular basis. but if u would watch the games more regularly u would see. and there is a reason tony shoots 50% from th field, and it aint jumpshots (not yet :biggrin: )

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
he may not be the best but he is one of them yall need to see more gms frm this guy bc if yall c this guy yall will relize he can finish with the best of them

·
Registered
726 Posts
duncan2k5 said:
yea i said it. i already addressed it in anothr foum and i think it deserves its own thread. he shoots about 50% on almost all lay-ups. opponents know this but cant stop him. i think too many guys fall in love with the flashiness of A.I. and marbury and guys lik that, but if you ould watch games you would see how easy tony breaks down defense and scores. he makes the other team look as if they arent playing defense how easy he finishs
I can't help but point out that a lot of players make more than 50% of their lay-ups. I agree with you though.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would take Arenas or Wade over Parker in terms of finishing personally. Parker is up there, but I think its a stretch to say that he is the best.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I think he's a great finisher, but not the best. No I'm not even looking at the flashiness, but Iverson, Wade are the two best finishers in the league in my opinion.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Very good finisher, but not the best for a PG. If he was a little bit taller and could get above the rim maybe, but he can't finish as good as a guy like Arenas and Francis among others who can get up higher.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wade isnt a PG people, it's not even his natural position. he is a born SG. never played PG till last year so he doesnt count. francis CANNOT finish better than tony. his finishes may look pretty, but he doesnt finish as consistently as tony does. tony finishes on bigmen all the time. francis...nope. ive seen him miss too many layups for me to consider him.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Have to agree to an extent, there are better finishers. But parker is the one I get to watch the most. I just love watching him play, he gets to the hole almost at will and when he gets there he has so many moves he can do, its amazing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts