Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching MU/EA Sports game last night, there is way TOO MUCH HYPE on Missouri. I know it was only their first basketball game, but they should had won at least over 10, and not in overtime.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
kansasalumn

edited title of thread, no insulting to other posters---kansasalumn

The EA Sports All Stars scored 94 on KU and only 80 on MU, so CLEARLY MU is a superior defensive team. How could KU give up 94 to such a terrible team. I mean, it was their first game, but come on, it's the EA Sports All Stars!!!

Actually, MU lost most of their scoring, their starting backcourt, a sophomore to be wing who was in for a lot more time this year and a foreign recruit who would've been the tallest Tiger ever. They've got 10 scholarship players only, and one of them is an injured walk on senior who was given a scholarship because they had some available. Their starting pointguard is a juco transfer who was playing in his first ever real game with the Tigers, and their only real backup is a freshman stud, Jimmy McKinney, who literally went out with a broken face late in the first half(out for like 4 weeks, will miss at least the opener). They shot under 25% from the line, and took about 30 shots. They obviously won't be that bad from the line for the season.

Every single one of the players is adjusting to a new role. The offense now runs through AJ in the post at least twice as often as last season, which is an adjustment for him. Travon Bryant may be the most important player on the team this year; he handled the ball all over the court. Paulding is now the main focus of the defense instead of the 3rd or 4th guy they focused on last year. Clemons is now going against experienced, talented players, not juco guys who more likely than not will never play on a D1 team. Their bench consists of Najeeb Echols, another vital piece to the team who needs to start looking for his own shot a lot more often, Josh Kroenke, a smart player who doesn't do much really well except shoot but plays hard and smart, Jeffrey Ferguson, a tall athletic player who's not aggressive and likes to shoot long jumpers, and Kevin Young, a 6-9 270 pound project at center. Unlike KU they may struggle early on, and also unlike KU they'll most likely peak at the end of the season. As you know, KU tends to fall off right around March.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, KU gave up 94 points. Yes KU played sloppy in the first half. Yes KU offense needs work. Yes, some of our backups need to get some work. The reason why I started this thread is to share that missouri needs some work, and they should've beat this team at least 10 points.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>Jason Spezza</b>!
but they still did not take us to overtime.
That is what I am talking about. Missouri and Kansas are two different teams. KU has the experience. Missouri has it too, but their offense is changing. There is no Rush/Gilbert.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
MU lost half their scoring, both pointguards and their vocal and emotional leader from last season. Of course they're going to struggle in the beginning, they have to rebuild the chemistry lost with those guys. There's no question about whether or not this team is talented, they just have to put it together.

BTW, out of curiosity, what did my title say that you edited? I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure it was a sarcastic comment. Sorry if that wasn't obvious(still think moderation is a bit overboard on this site).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts