Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the Bulls ahve too many players at some positions. Consider this probable final roster:

5 Curry, Blount, Dalibor
4 Chandler, Fizer, Baxter-IL
3 Marshall, Robinson,
2 Rose, Hassell, Hoiberg
1 Williams, Crawford, Mason-IL

To become a championship team, Curry, Chandler, Williams, NEED MINUTES to develope into All-Stars.

But, Fizer, Robinson, Hassell and especially Crawford are young, have great potential and NEED MINUTES to develope.

We don't want to be like the Clippers with a team full of potential stars that never fulfill their potential!

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I think its a good thing we are deep. Why give them minutes if they dont deserve it? If and when they become better they will beat out other players to get playing time!! They will be pushed to improve!!

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
The Bulls are deep on potential but they are not truly "deep".

There is a distinct difference and not all of them can be on the floor. the problem is that there is no pecking order. Guys are going to feel they should be on the floor, especially when they feel like they need the chance to prove themselves. None of them want to be relegated to the bench when they know they have 3 years to prove themselves worthy of a max deal.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
The Bulls are deep on potential but they are not truly "deep".

There is a distinct difference and not all of them can be on the floor. the problem is that there is no pecking order. Guys are going to feel they should be on the floor, especially when they feel like they need the chance to prove themselves. None of them want to be relegated to the bench when they know they have 3 years to prove themselves worthy of a max deal.
An astute observation, and I would add that it is BillC's biggest concern this year. But given a full year together a pecking order will define itself as these players continue to battle in practice and in games. getting his players to see the "we" instead of the "I" is his first task this season. Once the Bulls become a team in the true sense of the word, they'll be a much greater force to content with.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about this for a reasonable distribution of PT

5 Curry (30 Min), Blount (10 Min), Dalibor (8 Min)
4 Chandler (30 Min), Fizer (18 Min), Baxter-IL
3 Marshall (32 Min) , Robinson (16 Min),
2 Rose (32 Min), Hassell (16 Min) , Hoiberg
1 Williams (24 Min) , Crawford (24 Min), Mason-IL

The problem is that Fizer, Robinson and Hassell NEED/DESERVE more MINUTES!

Eventually either Williams or Crawford will emerge as a bonifide STAR and will have to play 32+ Minutes a game.

Fizer could be Sixth-Man of the Year with 24+ Minutes

Robinson has the athletic ability to become a STAR, given the minutes to prove himself.

Even if we end up trading one or all of Fizer-Crawford-Robinson, they need MINUTES to show their true trade value. You wouldn't get as much in trade for someone who can't get 24+ Minutes on a LOTTERY TEAM.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by <b>I'm Just Saying</b>!

We don't want to be like the Clippers with a team full of potential stars that never fulfill their potential!
LOL. A team of players around 22 that have not lived up to their potential. Ok. Even though they have a starting five who could all make the all star team, one of them who already has. They are all still young. Your almost in the same boat even though a ways behind us. But I will let this go, sense it would be a waste of my time responding any more to such a bad comment, and I do'nt want it to turn into another Bulls vs Clippers thread.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Too Much Or Too Little?

Originally posted by <b>Jmac910</b>!

LOL. A team of players around 22 that have not lived up to their potential. Ok. Even though they have a starting five who could all make the all star team, one of them who already has. They are all still young. Your almost in the same boat even though a ways behind us. But I will let this go, sense it would be a waste of my time responding any more to such a bad comment, and I do'nt want it to turn into another Bulls vs Clippers thread.
The Clips have been loading up on high draft choices for the last 20 years. Not many have ever reached their potential with the Clips. Some have gone on to become All-Stars with other teams.

What I meant was that I don't won't to see some of the Bulls high choices (Crawford-Fizer) get away and become All-Stars with other teams due to lack of Pt with the Bulls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts