3. Mike Breen
4. John Thompson
5. Doug Collins
6. Kevin Harlan
7. Michael Cage
8. Walt Frazier
9. Sean Elliot
10. Van Chancellor

I think Aldridge is the best courtside reporter, and Greg Anthony is the best studio guy. Check out this link where they have a list which grades all the broadcasters, pretty good stuff...www.nbasource.com

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Walt Frazier has got to be top 5.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
IMO, Kevin Calabro (Sonics) is better than Marv, and I grew up listening to alot of Marv. He's got the great deep and projecting broadcaster voice, he knows the game as good as any play-by-play guy around, and he's got a good sense of humor.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
I'll get castrated for saying this but Bill Walton.

The guy is witty, funny, and yet stupid at all the same times. No other announcers can beat these combination of traits.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Bill Walton

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Mike Gorman (Celtics) is a tremendous play-by-play guy. Unfortunately, he works with Tommy Heinsohn, the most biased guy affliated with basketball.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Glad to see this thread. I was just thinking the other day:

Although this guy has been around an awfully long time ... I like the way he interacts with his color commentator. That is BRENT MUSBRENGER (sp?).

Check him out ... he's knowledgeable and NOT serious, he presents the game for what it is --- A GAME. He thoroughly enjoys himself and the game. He really gets into it and brings out the personality of his partner. I especially like him with Greg Anthony.

I also like Al MICHAELS and Marv ALBERT. To name 10 is asking a lot, IMO.

I notice that a lot of you listed Bill Walton, he would not be a choice of mine because he is so sarcastic, that you can't believe anything he says.

I like Ralph LAWLER and Mike SMITH together.

I just MISS Chick Hearn; that guy was THE VERY BEST.

EDIT: Typos

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
How about Chuck Swirsky?

heh..I was just going to say that... :biggrin:

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
elphenom said:
Here's My List...

1. Marv Albert
2. Bill Walton
3. Mike Breen
4. John Thompson
5. Doug Collins
6. Kevin Harlan
7. Michael Cage
8. Walt Frazier
9. Sean Elliot
10. Van Chancellor

I think Aldridge is the best courtside reporter, and Greg Anthony is the best studio guy. Check out this link where they have a list which grades all the broadcasters, pretty good stuff...www.nbasource.com
Bill Walton at #2?? Right. And you've gotta divide the list by the Commentary/Analysis guy and the play-by-play/broadcaster guy.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Marv Albert and Kevin Harlan are by far the best PBP announcers out there. In fact, Marv needs to be cloned, if only for his voice. Swirsky is alright but he gets a little too excited over meaningless stuff.

Jack Armstrong (sometimes works Raptor games with Swirsky) and Doug Collins are my favorites color guys. Fratello was awesome too.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Number #1 Spot

·
Registered
523 Posts
Play-By-Play

5 best...

1. Marv Albert (YESSSSSSSSS! AND THE FOUL!)
2. Kevin Harlan (RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!!!)
3. Mike Breen (Ron Artest is going into the stands!! :biggrin: )
4. Mike Tirico (FOR 3....HE GOT IT!!)
5. Kevin Calabro (I dunno about this one...but find the name of a dunk, and put it here)

3 worst...

1. Jim Durham (Stop, just stop...u mean to tell me they replaced Brad Nessler for this bum? Remember...Nessler >>>>>>>>x33243574523 Durham)

2.Al Michaels (I love this guy, but playa, u have NO business doing NBA games)

3. Brent Musberger (You know, its bad enough ur doing most of the good college football games)

Game Analysts

Best..

1. Bill Walton (not even up for debate, honestly...easily the best)

2. Hubie Brown (this would be The Czar's spot if he didn't go to the
Grizzlies..but Hubie's the MAN!)

3. Doug Collins (Gotta love Collins, but the "back when I coached Michael" bs has to stop)

4. Steve Kerr (knows what the hell hes talkin about...but playa, dont make sounds when u see a great play/shot...ANALYZE!!!)

*5. Steve Jones (pretty good...see my "*" though...)

* - Was the man when he and Walton fought every week on NBC!! :biggrin:

Worst....

1. Van Chancellor ( I thank whut thuh Rockits need ta do raght na-ow is runn a lil screen 'n rowl fuhr Tracy MacGrady, git heeyim invawlved in tha ahh-fence."<<<<<Van is TERRIBLE..BRING BACK MURPH!!!)

2. Tom Tolbert (Your not funny, and you sucked as a NBA Player....quit now!)

3.Tim Legler (see Tolbert)

4. Sean Elliott (Could you not be on LeBron's jock all game, any time u see him?)

^^^^those four should have their vocal chords removed.

Studio Hosts/Analysts...

Best...(Hosts)

1. Ernie Johnson (hands down the best, no contest)

2. John Saunders (does his job, and him ripping the DET fans (after the brawl) was the ****!!)

I can't think of any bad ones....

best analysts...

1. Charles Barkley (even though he hates on the Rockets will we owe him money...hes still the man)

2. Stephen A. Smith (Go to hell if u dont like him, u just hate to see him right all the time :biggrin: )

3. Kenny Smith (Dude knows what's goin on, but stop with the BAD analogies)

worst...

1. Marc Stein (You said the Suns would win 70...that alone makes u #1)

2. Tim Legler (STFU for once about something u dont know about)

3. Greg Anthony (I think if u keep this fool out the studio, he'll be just fine)

Sideline reporters...

Best = David Aldridge, Jim Gray, Michele Tafoya <<<I'd Hit it :angel:
Worst = Cheryl Miller, Mark Jones,

^^^Tha Shark's rant has ended :clap:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts