1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#10 LeBron James is like Magic Johnson

#9 A. Walker should even be in the NBA

#8 Stephon Marbury is a good point guard

#7 Isiah Thomas has a clue ( as a coach or GM, he was a great player )

#6 LeBron James can't shoot ( that's an understatement )

#5 LeBron James has court awareness

#4 Shaq can play

#3 Peja is only a shooter

#2 KG is the most complete player in the league

#1 Lakers won their last 3 championships with no help from refs. and D. Stern

·
Registered
721 Posts
Originally posted by <b>therealdeal</b>!

Give the kid a break...he hasnt een been in the league for half a year, and in that time hes posted far better numbers than anyone has expected...wheres the love...:(

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts

#4 Shaq can play

Quit hating.

So who is the most complete player in the L if it is not KG.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nike and the NBA already gave him a pretty good break. He doesn't need one from me.

So untill he's shooting better than 50%, averaging 30+ per game and winning championships he sucks in my book.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Nike and the NBA already gave him a pretty good break. He doesn't need one from me.

So untill he's shooting better than 50%, averaging 30+ per game and winning championships he sucks in my book.
I'm guessing that book would be filed under the "Humor" section, right?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magic Johnson 1987

24 ppg on 53% shooting

12.2 assists per game

6.5 boards per game

And a championship of course.

------------------------------------------------------------

There are no complete players today.

And no, it would be a book under " The true superstars" because MJ did exactly that so if you're gonna come in wearing #23 and with this kind of hype, you better win a championship and score 30+ on better than 50% shooting

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
oh look. another thread by therealdeal about Lebron James. I like how you cleverly tried to disguise it as this 10 NBA myths thing. Nice try. But try again next time.

You can hate Lebron all you want, but you're still just a lone bitter voice in the wilderness. You're with about 5 percent of the population in your views on basketball.

Myth # 11--That Lebron is overhyped.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/040107.html

From day one, casual fans cringed at the stories about Hummers, resented his income, bristled at the incredible attention. Heck, even I wrote something negative about him. And with the nonstop Jordan comparisons -- which are wrong, since he plays like a more athletic Magic -- some inevitably expected LeBron to dunk on everyone and score 50 a game. Instead, on the wrong night, they saw a cocky kid with a crooked jumper, an overmatched teenager playing out of position on a crummy team. So they pulled a Lloyd Bentsen: "I watched MJ, I cheered for MJ. You're no MJ."

But doesn't that say something about us? With everyone in such a rush these days, we never give anything a chance. Why spend time forming an opinion when we can make a hurried evaluation and move onto something else? For many, sampling LeBron was like trying out the new Chicken McNuggets: "Yeah, I saw him once, he wasn't that good." And that was that.

Well, if that's you, you're missing out.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I saw Lebron at least 7-8 times.

He was good once and he sucked the other 6-7 times.

That's enough to see that there is no resemblance to Magic Johnson or MJ. He resembles any overrated ballhog today ( Francis, AI, Marbury etc... ).

Magic Johnson never averaged more than 16 shots per game in a single season, for his career averaged abot a dozen shots per game. LeBron since the trade is already shooting twice as many times per game as Magic and only averaging about the same amount of points, half the assists and a few less boards. All while playing in a crappy no talent to be found easter conference.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

So 90% of the players in NBA history suck?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
90% of the players didn't come into the league wearing #23 , 90 mil. contract, hype like this and then go on throwing bricks and losing 60 games ( which is what Cavs will end up with ).

But, seriously, even forgetting about all hype that and just considering his game, from what I saw he has nothing that reminds me of any good ballplayer since 1979.

He's not nearly as smooth or fluid as Magic, he cant shoot, he's selfish, and I don't see any basketball IQ. I honestly see another AI, Marbury or Francis, not even good enough to be Kobe like. All he has is athleticism.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
90% of the players didn't come into the league wearing #23 , 90 mil. contract, hype like this and then go on throwing bricks and losing 60 games ( which is what Cavs will end up with ).
And that's his fault, right? You hate on him because he makes more money in one day then you make in a year, and because at age 18(now 19) he's not mastered the NBA game yet, and he can't turn a 15-67 team into an instant contender?

Listen to these FACTS:
1) LeBron James is barely 19 years old.
2) LeBron James is averaging 19.9 ppg as a rookie.
3) LeBron James is also averaging 6.2 apg, and 5.8 rpg.
4) The Cavs have already won 10 games out of 36 this year, as opposed to last year's 15 in 82 games. The Cavs are also doing this without last year's leading scorer, Ricky Davis for the past 13 games.
5) LeBron James is averaging 24.1 ppg since Ricky Davis' departure.
6) Once again, LEBRON JAMES IS A 19 YEAR OLD ROOKIE!

Lay off of him already...:no:

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Peja has never done any of the above and yet you consider him the best player in the NBA?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Actually I saw Lebron at least 7-8 times.

He was good once and he sucked the other 6-7 times.

That's enough to see that there is no resemblance to Magic Johnson or MJ. He resembles any overrated ballhog today ( Francis, AI, Marbury etc... ).

Magic Johnson never averaged more than 16 shots per game in a single season, for his career averaged abot a dozen shots per game. LeBron since the trade is already shooting twice as many times per game as Magic and only averaging about the same amount of points, half the assists and a few less boards. All while playing in a crappy no talent to be found easter conference.
<strike>hahahah what an idiot. </strike>you stick the rookie magic johnson on today's cavs team they lose a bunch too. Did you see the team johnson played on as a rookie? if duncan played for the cavs i'd assure you LeBron's shots go down. so what if right now he's not as good as magic? should tj ford, kirk hinrich all cry in shame right now too?? Magic didnt play in the nba at that the age LeBron is. Peja is just a shooter? so what, dude averages 25 ppg 3rd in the league, where all that other shooters at? hahah so jealous of LeBron I actually feel sorry for you, You really wish you had his life huh? no bball iq? i guess thats why silas said this kid picks things up quicker than anyone else he's ever been around. <strike>What an idiotic thread.</strike>

·
Registered
609 Posts
<strike>Why have people even responded to his thread??? I'm not sure of the stats, but if you found all the threads that therealdeal has started I bet that most of them have been bull**** statements</strike> just to get a rise out of the thinking people on this board.

This is a direct attack on another poster. :nonono:

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
dont forget about the supporting cast that magic had as well. his team already was a championship calibre team prior to his arrival, he just added one of the best touches of flavor you could ask for in terms of gaurds of the time. also, lebron is for all intensive puropes an unselfish player, and the fact that he dishes out around 15 proper passes a game and his teammates only convert 6 of those into baskets means his assist numbers could easily go up to 9-10 a game if he had ANY kind of decent perimeter/penetrating player on his team. also another thing to consider... had magic johnson been a rookie coming into the league in 2003, do some of you feel that he maybe would have had alot more eyes on him in pre-nba days, thus creating the same hype that surrounds lebron, and in turn possibly landing him a nike deal before he even plays a professional game that every lebron hater seems to refer to??

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
BBB.net myths

1) therealdeal isn't golgor, or at least a golgor clone.
2) My interest in what therealdeal says and my respect for him are growing.
3) Lebron James just COULDN'T have done what Magic did on a stellar team in an offensive hay-day

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
myth 14....
Therealdeal is actually Peja!!

myth 15.......
<strike>Therealdeal will still be posting past the allstar break without getting banned</strike>

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

This is lebrons first year give him a break 19/6/5 is good for a kid straight from high school

16/9/5 on a stacked Dallas team i think that is good enough for the NBA

Marbury is third in the league on assist how is he not a good point guard.

Yeah he does struggle at times with his shot but he is quickly improving, like i said before it is his first year.

#4 Shaq can play

Yeah so his Three Rings don't mean anything. Your just jealous that shaq has crushed your queens every time they play in the playoffs

He is a shooter and average or below average in every other category

lets see 4th in scoring , 1st in rebounding, 24th in assist(good because he is a forward not a guard), 7th in total blocks, ), 50% FGp, 33rd in steals (just 0.01 less than peja)

yeah the refs all got together to help the lakers, that three that horry hit to beat the queens did not go in
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
the refs also forced the kings to choke and miss all their shots when it counted.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts