3. Allen Iverson
4. Vince Carter
5. Ray Allen
6. Michael Finley
7. Bonzi Wells
8. Jerry Stackhouse
9. Eddie Jones
10. Wally Szczerbiak

Honorable Mention: Reggie Miller, Quentin Richardson, Richard Hamilton, Jason Richardson

Small Forward

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Paul Pierce
4. Shawn Marion
5. Jamal Mashburn
6. Jalen Rose
7. Peja Stojakovic
8. Lamar Odom
9. Glenn Robinson
10. Rashard Lewis

Honorable Mention: Antawn Jamison, Michael Jordan, Latrell Sprewell, Shane Battier

Power Forward

1. Tim Duncan
2. Rasheed Wallace
3. Chris Webber
4. Elton Brand
5. Antoine Walker
6. Antonio McDyess
7. Karl Malone
8. Shareef Abdur-Rahim
9. Jermaine O'Neal
10. Pau Gasol

Honorable Mention: Kenyon Martin

Center

1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Vlade Divac
3. Michael Olowokandi
4. Ben Wallace
5. Dikembe Mutombo
6. Elden Campbell
7. Theo Ratliff
8. Antonio Davis
9. Kurt Thomas
10. Marcus Camby

Honorable Mention: Brad Miller, David Robinson, Brian Grant, Rasho Nesterovic

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Brent Barry should ATLEAST get an honorable mention in your top 10 SG's, I would have him at number 7.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I forgot all about Brent. He definetly deserves to be honorable mention. He is a very underrated player. He can do so many things on the basketball floor. He can score in a variety of ways, he can handle the pill like a point guard. He is an ok defender. Good passer. I wouldn't put him over any of the 10 I picked though.

And nah, that wasn't a typo with Gasol being 10th. I like Kenyon but until dude gains some kind of consistency and becomes the rebounder somebody of his caliber should be, he will not be up there among power forwards.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And let me explain my Sheed over C Webb pick for 2nd best 4 since I expect to catch a lil bit of flack for that. C webb obviously has better numbers and is probably even more talented but the fact that he can be so dominant down low but relies on staying at the top of key just bothers me. He is extra soft. Dude is like cotton candy. He doesn't make many big buckets. I know Sheed shot over 200 3's but he can do that. He isn't hurting his team by shooting the ball. And Sheed isn't close to being as passive as C Webb. He'll go down low and dunk on you in a second.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Brad Miller should be in the top 5 for centers. Come on, Camby is already sidelined by injury and the season hasent even started yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I actually made this list like 3 weeks ago when I was in school bored. Y'all can expect these types of posts all the time from me....I usually do these types of things when I'm at school.

Besides Camby, as of right now I have a very hard time putting brad above anybody I listed in my top 10. He has constantly improved every season though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the all-star team this season if he works on his game hard enough.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Take Odom off the list, and switch Baron Davis and Mike Bibby. That would be something like my list...

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think Francis should be ahead of Baron Davis and Andre Miller.

And dont you think that Cuttino Mobley should at least get honorable mention. Im not sure just asking.

But over all you did a great job.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know how I forgot The Cat. I actually would possibly put him over Wally World for the #10 spot.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Very nice rankings. They look like something NBA scouts might actually agree with, which is rare for this board. I don't see anything I disagree with too much.

One thing- are you placing Baron over Payton due to their playoff performances? Because their season stats were no contest- Payton had probably the best stats of any PG in the L. There's nothing wrong with this, it's just that if you are going to count playoffs highly in this case, then I think you should have Bibby higher as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Somewhat, but Payton's role on his team caused him to do a whole lot more than Baron. I see Davis progressing very quickly into a great player and the 2nd best point in the league.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
payton's better offensively and defensively right now than baron, by a pretty wide margin, imo. baron's gotta do better than the 41.7% fg% imo. he also wore down through the season, with a burst in rd 1 of the playoffs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kflo</b>!
payton's better offensively and defensively right now than baron, by a pretty wide margin, imo. baron's gotta do better than the 41.7% fg% imo. he also wore down through the season, with a burst in rd 1 of the playoffs.
Yeah, but Baron carried the Hornets when Mashburn was missing half the season with injuries.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts