3. Kennedy Winston
4. Lawrence Roberts
5. Chuck Hayes
6. Ronnie Brewer
7. David Lee
8. Toney Douglas
9. Glen Davis
10. Matt Walsh

Something along those lines, give or take a few players.

FYI, this is not a list of best NBA prospects in SEC. If that were the case, Rondo & Morris would be on here. Brewer would be higher. etc. etc. That list would look more like: Kennedy Winston, Ronnie Brewer, Brandon Bass, Rajon Rondo, Glen Davis, Randolph Morris, Tack Minor, Ronald Steele, Corey Brewer, Lawrence Roberts. JMO.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That's a good list IMO.

Look at all the players that are either graduating or jumpin to the pros. That leaves Ronnie Brewer to shoot towards the top of that list. :biggrin:

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Good list but I think Glen Davis easily beats out Toney Douglas or David Lee. I mean Davis was the Freshman of the year so how couldn't he beat out Toney Douglas?

·
Registered
314 Posts
No way is Chuck Hayes a top 10 player let alone top 5. I can't wait until he graduates.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
SmithRocSSU said:
No way is Chuck Hayes a top 10 player let alone top 5. I can't wait until he graduates.
I refuse to believe you are a UK fan.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am a UK fan, that's why I want Tubby and Chuck gone. UK plays so much better when Chucky is out of the game. He occasionally does something good, but he is NOT a top 10 player. I wouldn't even say top 25. He is way overrated. He's undersized, he can't shoot or dribble. It seems like when he goes out of the game, UK picks it up a notch and acctually plays better. Ok ok, people say he's the "heart of the team." Well, it takes heart and talent to win. Chuck, to me, doesn't have much talent. He's way overrated.

Tubby is just a bad coach. I don't like him. If someone else likes him, fine, but I don't. One thing that has really bothered me this year is when a player gets hot, Tubby yanks him. For example...Sparks hit 3 3's in a row one game and then Tubby took him out...HE'S HOT, KEEP HIM IN! He does it all the time. He's done it to Azebuke and others. Like in the North Carolina game, Saguri or however you spell it had blocked 3 shots in a row and was the only guy doing anything on defence, and Tubby took him out! If he's blocking over and over again, keep him in! Good grief!

He's too defensive minded. Defence is needed, but you also need to score, and I don't think Tubby realizes it. I noticed one game that in the first half, Sparks only shot the ball 3 times and there was only 5 minutes left in the 1st half. He's the best shooter on the team and he needs to shoot it more than that. Azebuke needs more touches than he gets. But it always seems that the ball gets down to Chuck and he doesn't do much with it. I love UK basketball, but I can't stand Tubby and Chuck. So now, I'll stop and let the bashing begin.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
SmithRocSSU said:
I am a UK fan, that's why I want Tubby and Chuck gone. UK plays so much better when Chucky is out of the game. He occasionally does something good, but he is NOT a top 10 player. I wouldn't even say top 25. He is way overrated. He's undersized, he can't shoot or dribble. It seems like when he goes out of the game, UK picks it up a notch and acctually plays better. Ok ok, people say he's the "heart of the team." Well, it takes heart and talent to win. Chuck, to me, doesn't have much talent. He's way overrated.
I have rarely, if ever, seen UK actually play better with Chuck out of the game. Now, we might have continued our level of play, but it is extremely rare for us to actually elevate our level of play without him. Have you seen all the stats he's going to have once his season this year is over? No, Chuck doesn't have a lot of talent, but maybe it's time someone taught you something about basketball. Go talk to any basketball coach in the world and ask them to tell you about "the intangibles of basketball". Also, talk to any coach has played against Kentucky and ask them about Chuck. There's a reason he was named SEC DPOY and there's a reason Tom Izzo picked him to be on the Pan Am team and praised him all the while.

Tubby is just a bad coach. I don't like him. If someone else likes him, fine, but I don't. One thing that has really bothered me this year is when a player gets hot, Tubby yanks him. For example...Sparks hit 3 3's in a row one game and then Tubby took him out...HE'S HOT, KEEP HIM IN! He does it all the time. He's done it to Azebuke and others. Like in the North Carolina game, Saguri or however you spell it had blocked 3 shots in a row and was the only guy doing anything on defence, and Tubby took him out! If he's blocking over and over again, keep him in! Good grief!
I can agree with you on Tubby yanking players for mistakes (and when players are hot), but there has not been a game all year where Sparks has hit 3 three pointers back-to-back-to-back and there hasn't been a game where Shagari has blocked 3 shots back-to-back-to-back. When Sparks had his best games of the year (Loserville and Bama) he played 32 and 30 minutes, so when a player is HOT, he will stay in. There's a reason why Tubby decided to go with Patrick when he said "COACH, call my number!" in the Bama game. When a player is hot, Tubby goes to him. Another good example is in the LSU game during the SEC tourney, when Joe Crawford was hot, we went to him EVERY offensive posession. But again, why Tubby took him out after that is beyond me. Minor complaint, really. Also, Rajon Rondo played 38 minutes against Cincy. He had an awesome game.

He's too defensive minded. Defence is needed, but you also need to score, and I don't think Tubby realizes it. I noticed one game that in the first half, Sparks only shot the ball 3 times and there was only 5 minutes left in the 1st half. He's the best shooter on the team and he needs to shoot it more than that. Azebuke needs more touches than he gets. But it always seems that the ball gets down to Chuck and he doesn't do much with it. I love UK basketball, but I can't stand Tubby and Chuck. So now, I'll stop and let the bashing begin.
He is very defensive minded and offense kind of takes a backseat, which needs to be fixed, but why does that make him a bad coach? He produces wins, that's good. Or do you want him to produce losses? The number of shots Patrick Sparks takes is totally up to Patrick Sparks. If you've watched UK all season, he is an awesome shooter, but also one of the most inconsistent. If he misses, say, his first two three pointers, he's going to be tentative and pass up most shots. When he's hot, as evidenced against Bama and Louisville, he will shoot any shot he can get. How the hell are you going to blame that on Tubby? Azubuike gets tons of touches. There's a reason he's averaging 19 points in the post season and is the leading scores on the whole team.

But why am I arguing with a guy who can't spell the names of UK players? What a great fan...

·
Registered
314 Posts
UKfan4Life said:
I have rarely, if ever, seen UK actually play better with Chuck out of the game. Now, we might have continued our level of play, but it is extremely rare for us to actually elevate our level of play without him. Have you seen all the stats he's going to have once his season this year is over? No, Chuck doesn't have a lot of talent, but maybe it's time someone taught you something about basketball. Go talk to any basketball coach in the world and ask them to tell you about "the intangibles of basketball". Also, talk to any coach has played against Kentucky and ask them about Chuck. There's a reason he was named SEC DPOY and there's a reason Tom Izzo picked him to be on the Pan Am team and praised him all the while.

I can agree with you on Tubby yanking players for mistakes (and when players are hot), but there has not been a game all year where Sparks has hit 3 three pointers back-to-back-to-back and there hasn't been a game where Shagari has blocked 3 shots back-to-back-to-back. When Sparks had his best games of the year (Loserville and Bama) he played 32 and 30 minutes, so when a player is HOT, he will stay in. There's a reason why Tubby decided to go with Patrick when he said "COACH, call my number!" in the Bama game. When a player is hot, Tubby goes to him. Another good example is in the LSU game during the SEC tourney, when Joe Crawford was hot, we went to him EVERY offensive posession. But again, why Tubby took him out after that is beyond me. Minor complaint, really. Also, Rajon Rondo played 38 minutes against Cincy. He had an awesome game.

He is very defensive minded and offense kind of takes a backseat, which needs to be fixed, but why does that make him a bad coach? He produces wins, that's good. Or do you want him to produce losses? The number of shots Patrick Sparks takes is totally up to Patrick Sparks. If you've watched UK all season, he is an awesome shooter, but also one of the most inconsistent. If he misses, say, his first two three pointers, he's going to be tentative and pass up most shots. When he's hot, as evidenced against Bama and Louisville, he will shoot any shot he can get. How the hell are you going to blame that on Tubby? Azubuike gets tons of touches. There's a reason he's averaging 19 points in the post season and is the leading scores on the whole team.

But why am I arguing with a guy who can't spell the names of UK players? What a great fan...
Excuse me for not being able to spell all those crazy names! Oh the days of names like Travis Ford, Ron Mercer, and good easy names. (But I'll have you know, I can't spell very well, it's a medical condition and I'm very sensitive about it...)

Tubby produces so many wins that he's one a national championship every year he's been there...oh wait, he one a championship with Rick's boys. He produces so many wins he hasn't been in the final four in YEARS. Oh but he has a good regular season record...with no championship or final four appearence.

I've seen UK play better without Chucky boy. Even my wife who doesn't know much about basketball made that observation one day. At any rate, these are my opinions and if you don't like them or agree with them, that is fine. You like Tubby and Chuck, that's your problem. Thank you for your time and God bless America and Kentucky basketball!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
SmithRocSSU said:
Excuse me for not being able to spell all those crazy names! Oh the days of names like Travis Ford, Ron Mercer, and good easy names. (But I'll have you know, I can't spell very well, it's a medical condition and I'm very sensitive about it...)
Well I'm sorry about your medical condition going on there, but whose fault is it that Kelenna, Shagari, etc have "odd" names?

Tubby produces so many wins that he's one a national championship every year he's been there...oh wait, he one a championship with Rick's boys. He produces so many wins he hasn't been in the final four in YEARS. Oh but he has a good regular season record...with no championship or final four appearence.
Kentucky has been through two 20 year title droubts in our history in the Rupp and Joe B eras. Do you expect us to win the title and get to the Final Four EVERY SINGLE year? I agree it's been too long since we've been there and it's almost inexcusable for a program like UK, but it's simply unrealistic to expect us to go there every single year. Keep in mind we were one healthy Keith Bogans and one less Dwayne Wade unbelieveable performance from the Final Four two years ago (last year's second round exit was ridiculous though -- you won't get any exuses from me about that). At least he does produce wins. Would you rather him produce losses? If so, maybe you should switch college loyalties to Savannah State. I hear they're the best of the best in the losses category.

I've seen UK play better without Chucky boy. Even my wife who doesn't know much about basketball made that observation one day. At any rate, these are my opinions and if you don't like them or agree with them, that is fine. You like Tubby and Chuck, that's your problem. Thank you for your time and God bless America and Kentucky basketball!
I can think of one instance (or instances in which) UK would play better without Chuck, and that's when we go to a small and quick line-up against slower and bigger teams. When we went small and quick against Arkansas, we dismantled them entirely.

Me liking Tubby and Chuck isn't a PROBLEM. I am glad they are here, so I do not have a PROBLEM with anything. You have a PROBLEM with them being here, and Tubby isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so that's YOUR problem.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My top ten:

1. Anthony Roberson
2. Lawrence Roberts
3. Brandon Bass.
4. Kennedy Winston
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Chuck Hayes
7. David Lee
8. Toney Douglass
9. Matt Walsh
10. Winsome Frazier

·
Registered
314 Posts
*sigh* "do you want Tubby to produce loses?" Yeah...that's what I want...I want my favorite team to lose all the time. You guys figured me out.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
SmithRocSSU said:
*sigh* "do you want Tubby to produce loses?" Yeah...that's what I want...I want my favorite team to lose all the time. You guys figured me out.
Well apparently regular season wins mean nothing to you, just postseason ones. So, no surprise there.

Yeah, postseason wins are far more important, but I want my team to win as many games as possible. If we get 25 wins in one season but lose before we reach the Final Four, so be it. At least it wasn't a terrible season. BUT I'd rather have closer to 30 wins and be in the Final Four.

Again, expecting us to reach the Final Four every year is just unrealistic. Yeah, we should have been there sometime sicne '98, but we weren't too far from it only 2 seasons ago.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
HogsFan1188 said:
My top ten:

1. Anthony Roberson
2. Lawrence Roberts
3. Brandon Bass.
4. Kennedy Winston
5. Ronnie Brewer
6. Chuck Hayes
7. David Lee
8. Toney Douglass
9. Matt Walsh
10. Winsome Frazier

1) Bass
2) Roberts
3) Winston
4) Roberson
5) Hayes
6) Brewer
7) Douglass
8) Lee
9) Walsh
10) Davis

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
IMO, Ronnie Brewer is probably the best NBA prospect in the conference. If Bass was 2 or 3 inches taller, he would be a #1 pick, no joke, but he isn't. He'll still probably be a first rounder, though. I think Corey Brewer could be a first rounder by the time he leaves Gainesville. Rajon Rondo and Randolph Morris, too. Kennedy Winston might be a 2nd rounder, though, with the huge NCAA tournaments by Fransisco Garcia and Julius Hodge (same position). And of course, Louis Williams and Monta Ellis if they ever go to college.

1. Randolph Morris
2. Ronnie Brewer
3. Rajon Rondo
4. Brandon Bass
5. Kennedy Winston

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ronnie Brewer might end up like Joe Johnson....not that well known while at Arkansas, and then a star in the NBA.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think if Auburn's record had been a little better, Douglas would have been freshman of the year. He WAS the leading freshman scorer in the SEC and like 2nd in the nation!

People better keep an eye out for Auburn these next couple years. Lebo really has some talent coming in to help out Toney Douglas and Frank Tolbert. It's going to be some EXCITING bball. No more small lineups starting next year with Korvotney Barber, Joey Cameron, and USC transfer Emmanuel Willis coming in! Lebo has a total of 4 guys coming in 6'7 or taller.

I think next year AU will be a lot like LSU this year. Slow start but will get better and better as they go. 2007 could be an Awesome year.

·
Registered
307 Posts
UKfan4Life said:
haha...Azubuike is probally the best player on the team and this "fan" cant spell his name.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts