Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think are the top 10 players of the last 25 years other than Magic, Bird, and Jordan? Here's my 10:

1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Hakeem Olajuwan
3. Tim Duncan
4. Karl Malone
5. Isaiah Thomas
6. Charles Barkley
7. John Stockton
8. Dominique Wilkins
9. David Robinson
10. Allen Iverson

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
kobe
shaq
d robinson
akeem ola
barkley
malone
stockton
pippen
duncan
isiah thomas

·
Registered
114 Posts
1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Hakeem Olajuwan
3. Tim Duncan
4. Karl Malone
5. Isaiah Thomas
6. Charles Barkley
7. John Stockton
8. Dominique Wilkins
9. David Robinson
10. Pippen

·
Registered
524 Posts
Anyone that forget about Iverson (The greatest small guy to ever play the game), kobe and T-mac are crazy! They might not be history right now... but they do have better stats and acomplishes then other names on that list... specially Iverson! Although Kobe (i don't like him) rulez too...

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Rafaelaraujotody said:
Anyone that forget about Iverson (The greatest small guy to ever play the game), kobe and T-mac are crazy! They might not be history right now... but they do have better stats and acomplishes then other names on that list... specially Iverson! Although Kobe (i don't like him) rulez too...
It's hard to squeeze them on a top ten list. Judging careers, Iverson's accomplished the most individually. Kobe's accomplished the most individually/team wise. And Tracy isn't far behind the two... but it's tough to fit all three on the list.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Rafaelaraujotody said:

who would you take off my list for iverson and tmac?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
kflo said:
who would you take off my list for iverson and tmac?
Iverson could arguably replace Kobe. He's got an MVP and the only other non-MVP on your list is Isiah

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
Iverson could arguably replace Kobe. He's got an MVP and the only other non-MVP on your list is Isiah
i don't think he was as good an overall player as either.

and Rafaelaraujotody was saying kobe, iverson and tmac should be on the list, meaning iverson and tmac wouldn't be replacing kobe.

frankly, i'd likely put pippen on over either, and possibly stockton, kareem or dr. j.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
kflo said:
i don't think he was as good an overall player as either.

and Rafaelaraujotody was saying kobe, iverson and tmac should be on the list, meaning iverson and tmac wouldn't be replacing kobe.

frankly, i'd likely put pippen on over either, and possibly stockton, kareem or dr. j.
Hard to say. With similar poor "supporting casts" for the first time, both AI and Kobe have put up remarkably similar numbers.

The problem with Kareem and Dr. J: a lot of their prime years were before 1980 so I'm not sure you can include them. IMO replace Kobe with Pippen and it looks pretty good. Shame to keep Stockton off but I think Isiah was a better player by a hair

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Karl Malone
David Robinson
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Charles Barkley
Scottie Pippen
Tracy McGrady
Kobe Bryant

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Minstrel said:
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal
Karl Malone
David Robinson
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Charles Barkley
Scottie Pippen
Tracy McGrady
Kobe Bryant
Why Tracy over Iverson?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
DONT FORGET WORTHY

Reactions: underhill_101

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Iverson, by winning an MVP, could be argued over both Bryant and McGrady, but I simply picked by who I think are the best players (and have played long enough, currently disqualifying James). I'd rather have Bryant or McGrady than Iverson. I think they provide more of an overall game and are more efficient and consistently dangerous (I say "consistent" because it can be argued that Iverson is inconsistently the most dangerous scorer).

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
Hard to say. With similar poor "supporting casts" for the first time, both AI and Kobe have put up remarkably similar numbers.
remarkably similar unless we consider ppfga, rpg, apg and defense.
Pioneer10 said:
The problem with Kareem and Dr. J: a lot of their prime years were before 1980 so I'm not sure you can include them. IMO replace Kobe with Pippen and it looks pretty good. Shame to keep Stockton off but I think Isiah was a better player by a hair
alot of their prime years were before '80, but they both won mvp's in this timeframe, and kareem was 1st team all-nba 4 times from 80 on, and 2nd team 2x, 2 1st team all-defense and a 2nd team. dr. j was top 5 in mvp voting 4 times in this period. certainly an argument for either could be made.

i don't see moses on many lists, and he won 2 mvp's.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
kflo said:
remarkably similar unless we consider ppfga, rpg, apg and defense.

alot of their prime years were before '80, but they both won mvp's in this timeframe, and kareem was 1st team all-nba 4 times from 80 on, and 2nd team 2x, 2 1st team all-defense and a 2nd team. dr. j was top 5 in mvp voting 4 times in this period. certainly an argument for either could be made.

i don't see moses on many lists, and he won 2 mvp's.
well Kobe is well ahead in ppfga and rpg but Iverson is well ahead in apg, overall ppg. I don't think Kobe's defense has been anything to brag about this season except for a few games and Iverson isn't a bad defender like a Lebron. They both turn the ball over at an unacceptable rate. I still think they are very similar

I agree with Moses: I actually like your top 10 the best expcept for the Kobe selection ahead of Pippen. I still put Isiah in there ahead of AI, Kobe, and Tmac for right now

1 - 20 of 137 Posts