Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
He is down/up to team 125 (UTEP). This certainly isn't an exact science, and it's easy to take potshots at anyone's list, but he has Saint Louis at 143 and sixth in the A-10. Grambling,Norfolk State, Fairleigh Dickinson and Wright State ahead of SLU. It's certainly possible, but I have a hard time believing those teams could finish sixth in the A-10.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Pre season predictions are always a bit 'iffy'.That's especially so in the Flyers case where Grant will have to blend a lot of pieces and hope to come out with a smoothie. For sure he'll have his deepest team, and as a result I would expect him to ratchet up the defense. Matos is a big guard who looked he a could be a plus defender before going out early in the season. He's coming back from a foot injury which you hope is not chronic. Johnson hasn't played much in two years due to suffering concussions. I'm not sure whether he received a waiver to be eligible opening night, or has to wait until the second semester.Chatman had a lot of playing time and did well albeit at a lower level than the A-10. Watson and the big guy played in the Big 10, although they saw limited minutes at Michigan and Nebraska. Maybe most telling regarding the talent level is that Jordan Davis the starting 2 guard and double figure scorer has transferred out, and his new school isn't that close to his hometown.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Dayton and VCU will be the top two in conference.

The same people who were raving about Obi in practice two years ago are saying the same things about Ibi Watson and Rodney Chatman. Chatman is being compared to Kyle Davis in terms of tenaciousness. As College Hoops said, Watson and Chatman May have been the reason for the Jordan Davis transfer.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts

The same people who were raving about Obi in practice two years ago are saying the same things about Ibi Watson and Rodney Chatman. Chatman is being compared to Kyle Davis in terms of tenaciousness. As College Hoops said, Watson and Chatman May have been the reason for the Jordan Davis transfer.

Dayton - preseason champions for the 15th year in a row!

(sorry JAF, couldnt resist)

·
Registered
6,502 Posts

That’s not possible, Jaffie! Joel says Dayton will be 3rd.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts

Dayton - preseason champions for the 15th year in a row!

(sorry JAF, couldnt resist)[/QUOTE

Correct. Without question we’re preseason champions. We might finish 2nd in conference play behind VCU though. I don’t think so but we need to beat them at some point.

·
Piker
8,532 Posts
FYI: Some preseason prognosticators have Davidson winning the league. They will be right there in the mix near the end of the season.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
FYI: Some preseason prognosticators have Davidson winning the league. They will be right there in the mix near the end of the season.
This prognosticator doesn’t think so. They might, they are a good team but I see the league being better this year and I believe other teams improved more than Davidson. It wouldn’t surprise me if VCU, UD, The Bonnie’s, Rhoady and even Richmond finish better than Davidson.

If the Flyer’s do not make the NCAA this season, Grant and his well tailored suits will be on the hot seat.

221 - 240 of 258 Posts