Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 120 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Seriously though, that game is going to be a bitch, even though it will be played before only 1,000 fans or so, half of whom will be cheering for Bona.

That stretch of Buffalo at home, at Vermont, at Northeastern and at the Dome to end the OOC is a bear.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Seriously though, that game is going to be a bitch, even though it will be played before only 1,000 fans or so, half of whom will be cheering for Bona.

That stretch of Buffalo at home, at Vermont, at Northeastern and at the Dome to end the OOC is a bear.
That is likely the stretch that defines our season.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
That is likely the stretch that defines our season.
We should probably take this over to the Bona thread, Bill, but I'm not sure I agree. As good as this team could be, I still think they shoot themselves out of any chance at an at-large bid fairly early in the season. Just too many newcomers for me to feel confident against this schedule. I think conference play will defines our season, at least from a post-season perspective. I think it's either win the A10 tournament or we're looking at a CBI situation -- which I pray would be rejected.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I love the last sentence of the opening paragraph. Phil wrote that. He’s prepping SJ Hawk for another disappointment. I think that Phil has a Rolodex on his desk filled with excuses. For the millennial crowd you’ll have to google Rolodex but Phil is old school. I haven’t even had a Rolodex in fifteen years, but I digress. All this being said, it has been a couple years since Phil has had a good season so true to form he’ll rise to the occasion this year. The attorney that SJU hired from ND may not share Dom’s fondness for Phil.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
FWIW. College Sports Madness has started the rollout of their top 144 men's bb teams for the upcoming season.I' ll update it once a week or sooner if an A-10 team is mentioned. They add a team daily. If any teams on the list are on your schedule, you can go to the link posted by Paulxu on page 1 of the thread to view the team's preview.

144-Grambling 143- Illinois 142-South Alabama 141-Wright State 140-NC Central 139- Grand Canyon 138-Temple 137-Stanford 136-Weber State 135-Wagner 134-Hartford 133-East Tennessee State 132-Utah 131-Radford 130-Tulsa 129- Northern Iowa 128-U VCU 127-UNLV 126-Troy 125-San Francisco 124-Kent State 123- Iowa State 122-Penn 121- UC Davis 120- Texas San Antonio 119- Lehigh 118- Charleston 117-No. Kentucky 116- Georgia Southern 115-St. Johns 114-Minnesota 113- So. Carolina 112-Valpo 111-Iona 110-Cal State Fullerton 109-Lipscomb 108- E. Michigan 107-Montana State 106-Vermont 105-Duquesne 104-Harvard 103-Stephen F Austin 102-Oregon State 101-San Diego State 100-Rider 99-Oklahoma State 98-Boise State 97-Western Kentucky 96-Ball State 95-Georgia 94-UCONN 93-Hofstra 92- Georgia State 91-Bradley 90-Wofford 89-Belmont 88-UMASS 87-Montana 86-Fresno State 85-Wake Forest 84-St. Marys College 83-William & Mary 82-New Mexico State 81-Memphis 80-Old Dominion 79-UNC Greensboro 78-URI 77-Arkansas 76-Southern Illinois 75-Louisiana 74-Buffalo 73-BYU 72-Penn State 71-Colorado 70-Georgetown 69-Northeastern 68-South Dakota State 67-San Diego State 66-Illinois State 65-SMU 64- Murray State 63-Saint Josephs 62-Providence

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I love the last sentence of the opening paragraph. Phil wrote that. He’s prepping SJ Hawk for another disappointment. I think that Phil has a Rolodex on his desk filled with excuses. For the millennial crowd you’ll have to google Rolodex but Phil is old school. I haven’t even had a Rolodex in fifteen years, but I digress. All this being said, it has been a couple years since Phil has had a good season so true to form he’ll rise to the occasion this year. The attorney that SJU hired from ND may not share Dom’s fondness for Phil.
Jill wants to win. She will do everything she can to help Phil do that. If he can't produce, she'll find someone who will.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I hope Dayton is left off because the Dayton fanbase will have, by far, the most entertaining meltdown. Mason fans will probably just shrug it off.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ...

This is original. Did you and Knobby work together on this one?

There will be a meltdown if Grant finishes 9th in this league with a senior (arguably an all league performer), two juniors, and two sophomores all returning as starters. I am on record saying Dayton is getting no respect in these predictions, but could care less if Mason is projected in the top 4. They haven’t won squat in this league. Despite your animosity for UD, I believe that UMASS can and should be a national program. They have the resources, the high major football program, and enough national recognition leftover to get there.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Jill wants to win. She will do everything she can to help Phil do that. If he can't produce, she'll find someone who will.
That’s a good thing. It’s about time that Phil is held accountable. Too many coaches in this league get too much leash. The Brian Gregory syndrome.

So did you know what a Rolodex was?

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
That’s a good thing. It’s about time that Phil is held accountable. Too many coaches in this league get too much leash. The Brian Gregory syndrome.

So did you know what a Rolodex was?
I believe I do. Why do we still have business cards in 2018?

·
Piker
8,521 Posts
That is a good question. My employer ordered me a box of business cards and all I use them for is to drop in fish bowls at sub shops to try and win free lunch.
Ha! I use mine to write other people's numbers on the back. Too bad because my business card is pretty swanky looking. Having business cards in a rolodex next to a landline is like having compact discs in the glove compartment of your car.

101 - 120 of 258 Posts