Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 160 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ...

... Despite your animosity for UD,...
I don't have ANY animosity for UD or its fans - really quite the opposite. I just enjoy watching UD fans meltdown when disrespected. It's all about entertainment value and not in the least about animosity.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
FWIW. College Sports Madness has started the rollout of their top 144 men's bb teams for the upcoming season.I' ll update it once a week or sooner if an A-10 team is mentioned. They add a team daily. If any teams on the list are on your schedule, you can go to the link posted by Paulxu on page 1 of the thread to view the team's preview.

144-Grambling 143- Illinois 142-South Alabama 141-Wright State 140-NC Central 139- Grand Canyon 138-Temple 137-Stanford 136-Weber State 135-Wagner 134-Hartford 133-East Tennessee State 132-Utah 131-Radford 130-Tulsa 129- Northern Iowa 128-U VCU 127-UNLV 126-Troy 125-San Francisco 124-Kent State 123- Iowa State 122-Penn 121- UC Davis 120- Texas San Antonio 119- Lehigh 118- Charleston 117-No. Kentucky 116- Georgia Southern 115-St. Johns 114-Minnesota 113- So. Carolina 112-Valpo 111-Iona 110-Cal State Fullerton 109-Lipscomb 108- E. Michigan 107-Montana State 106-Vermont 105-Duquesne 104-Harvard 103-Stephen F Austin 102-Oregon State 101-San Diego State 100-Rider 99-Oklahoma State 98-Boise State 97-Western Kentucky 96-Ball State 95-Georgia 94-UCONN 93-Hofstra 92- Georgia State 91-Bradley 90-Wofford 89-Belmont 88-UMASS 87-Montana 86-Fresno State 85-Wake Forest 84-St. Marys College 83-William & Mary 82-New Mexico State 81-Memphis 80-Old Dominion 79-UNC Greensboro 78-URI 77-Arkansas 76-Southern Illinois 75-Louisiana 74-Buffalo 73-BYU 72-Penn State 71-Colorado 70-Georgetown 69-Northeastern 68-South Dakota State 67-San Diego State 66-Illinois State 65-SMU 64- Murray State 63-Saint Josephs 62-Providence 61-George Mason 60-Boston College 59-Marshall 58-Baylor 57-Davidson

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I know Wofford beat UNC at Chapel Hill last year, and UNC is coming here to Spartanburg for a rematch this year...but...to have UConn 94 and Wofford 90, means the earth has left its orbit.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
SLU is the only program that I would have felt comfortable finishing in the top 4. None of the “experts” have an answer for who is going to replace Aldridge. With all due respect to Adams, Aldridge was easily the best player in the league last year. Someone tell me why Davidson will be better this year.

EYOA ‘55

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
SLU is the only program that I would have felt comfortable finishing in the top 4. None of the “experts” have an answer for who is going to replace Aldridge. With all due respect to Adams, Aldridge was easily the best player in the league last year. Someone tell me why Davidson will be better this year.

EYOA ‘55
Why do so many people judge a team’s upcoming potential based on who won’t be playing on that team?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Why do so many people judge a team’s upcoming potential based on who won’t be playing on that team?

They have Grady and a lot of other good players plus one of the best coaches. I will go down on the Davidson ship this year and eat crow if I am wrong but to me they are the best team.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I won't lose any sleep over this ranking. I've read numerous basketball predictors for this upcoming year and I have yet to read any of them that can actually get Dayton's full roster even remotely close to correct. One guy had Jordan Davis as a bench player last year when he started nearly every game for us.

I think one out of 10 even mentioned Toppin at all. I have no clue where Dayton will finish this year in the A10 but if we are worse then Grambling State, South Alabama and UC Davis then Grant will never coach another game here again. Nor should he.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The so called “experts” obviously don’t care which players leave. Unfortunately, outside of Xavier, Temple and until last year VCU were the only programs that demonstrated any ability to consistently replace impact players.

This league has a bunch of highly regarded coaches that live off of season heavy classes that include an impact player.

UD was close to becoming one of the aforementioned mentioned programs, and URI was not too far behind. There are a ton of question marks about these two teams so we’ll see how this year turns out.

Back to my main point.

Davidson has never been able to duplicate NCAA appearances in the A10. In both of these seasons McKillop had a good team dominated by a senior POY.

LaSalle / Dr. G : Ramon Galloway

UR / Mooney: Anderson, Harper

St. Bona / Schmidt: Nicholson, Posey, Adams?

St Joes / Phil: De’Andre Bennett

SLU / Crews: Dwayne Evans

UMASS / Ford: Chaz Williams

Replacing impact players doesn’t happen often in this league

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Flyer75 is 100% correct. Grant doesn’t necessarily get a hall pass this year, but he better win or his seat will be en fuego. He has too many resources not to be in the top two or three in this league. I’m not being a homer, this is fact.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
The so called “experts” obviously don’t care which players leave. Unfortunately, outside of Xavier, Temple and until last year VCU were the only programs that demonstrated any ability to consistently replace impact players.

This league has a bunch of highly regarded coaches that live off of season heavy classes that include an impact player.

UD was close to becoming one of the aforementioned mentioned programs, and URI was not too far behind. There are a ton of question marks about these two teams so we’ll see how this year turns out.

Back to my main point.

Davidson has never been able to duplicate NCAA appearances in the A10. In both of these seasons McKillop had a good team dominated by a senior POY.

LaSalle / Dr. G : Ramon Galloway

UR / Mooney: Anderson, Harper

St. Bona / Schmidt: Nicholson, Posey, Adams?

St Joes / Phil: De’Andre Bennett

SLU / Crews: Dwayne Evans

UMASS / Ford: Chaz Williams

Replacing impact players doesn’t happen often in this league
You sure forgot Langston Galloway pretty easily.

141 - 160 of 258 Posts