Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
How many A10 teams this year? I think Richmond, SLU, Bona, Duquesne, Dayton, and Davidson are locks. I think URI will make it as well. No chance for Fordham, or St. Joe's. Who among GMU, VCU, UMass, GW, and LaSalle can crack the top 144?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure Davidson is a lock but I would move URI into your list. VCU maybe?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
How did Welser do last year?
1. VCU #22, NET #68
2. Davidson #42, NET #75
3. Dayton #51, NET #3
4. URI #79, NET #57
5. Bona #101, NET #122
6. SLU #143, NET #49
Unranked
Richmond NET #38
Duquesne NET# 94
UMass NET #132
Obviously, he underrated the league by quite a bit. Richmond and SLU by a mile, and Duquesne and Dayton by a significant margin. Let's see if he can do better this year.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
How many A10 teams this year? I think Richmond, SLU, Bona, Duquesne, Dayton, and Davidson are locks. I think URI will make it as well. No chance for Fordham, or St. Joe's. Who among GMU, VCU, UMass, GW, and LaSalle can crack the top 144?
If you throw away the P5+BE even though not all of them are T144, there are still 68 spots left. I can't believe there's a world in which ten A10 teams aren't in the T144. At worst, I'd leave out GW, LAS, FU, SJU.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
I am so breathless awaiting Mr. Welser's wisdom I briefly thought I has a case of the covid clap.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Nine as opposed to six last year. I already named six "locks", along with URI, that leaves two spots. I think they'll go to UMass, and VCU.

·
Piker
9,186 Posts
Not sure about VCU. I fully expect preseason prognosticators to be upset with VCU making them look silly last season. They will see the five seniors gone along with Silva and not give them a second thought. I don’t blame them. VCU is David this year.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Welser puts less thought into these rankings than what I do for my rankings.

Following his consistent pattern of being wrong ...

UR and SLU will be the two highest ranked teams and both will fail to meet his projection.

UD and SBU will outperform his ranking.

He’ll miss again on DC, and DUQ and UMASS will be marginally overrated.

URI will be better than 138.

VCU will be included in the 144 but will outperform Welser’s ranking by a considerable margin.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Following his consistent pattern of being wrong ...

UR and SLU will be the two highest ranked teams and both will fail to meet his projection.
Huh? Last year UR was not ranked, and finished 2nd.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Jesus Paul, it’s going to be OK. Welser hasn’t been right about the A10 the last few years, so my comment wasn’t so much about UR as his accuracy. I know with you XU guys it’s all about XU even though Xavier sucks hind tit to UC in Cincinnati. 🥃

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Huh? Last year UR was not ranked, and finished 2nd.
Isn't that failing to meet his projection? or non-projection?

If Joel says first, you will be last. If Joel says last, you will be first...

Now how do we get left out this year to improve our odds?

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Colgate, who will apparently visit the Reilly Center this year if teams are actually visiting the Reilly Center this Fall, comes in at #130. res, our resident Patriot League aficionado, can fill us in on the Red Raiders, who I believe will be without Adonal Foyle this year.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
They're not 130 good, they've lost a little too much. They should be <200 good, though. I'll go with 175.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Siena, another opponent listed on our increasingly likely non-non-conference schedule, checks in at #125, first in the MAAC. It seems Joel is not expecting big things from Pitino this year.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts