Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
UMass has underachieved since Calipari. The pieces always seem to be there, the results underwhelming. In the interest of a strong A10, FJK needs to figure it out. No reason UMass shouldn't be a top-flight northeast program.

But Christmas was canceled. FJK should just return all his XXS-fit Express for Men purchases. Save that money to purchase players' moms some quality time with the assistants.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The best success we've had since then was being embarrassed by Tennessee in the first round of the tournament after Chaz Williams basically decided to will his way there almost single-handed.

The revamp of the Hockey team proved that it's possible for UMass to make some noise - we won't ever know if the team would have made a second straight frozen 4 or championship game, but no one would have been too shocked if we did. Obviously basketball is a whole different monster...but yeah within the region there's no reason why we can't be at that level.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I cant see how UMass should be above Duquesne. We all know Duquesne is solid and is returning their whole team back (once the roster gets cut) and UMass is still pretty unknown. 72 is pretty high. I certainly think UMass will finish top 100 and in a best case they could get to the 70's but I need to see it first

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I cant see how UMass should be above Duquesne. We all know Duquesne is solid and is returning their whole team back (once the roster gets cut) and UMass is still pretty unknown. 72 is pretty high. I certainly think UMass will finish top 100 and in a best case they could get to the 70's but I need to see it first
If you see it first, it is not a prediction. :p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Vermont is next. ;)
Didn't mean next like today. Mean next A10 team to appear. UMass' high rating is all about Tre. I think they think he can be a lesser version of Obi. That's likely what it will take for them to take this big of a step this year.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
UMass has underachieved since Calipari. The pieces always seem to be there, the results underwhelming. In the interest of a strong A10, FJK needs to figure it out. No reason UMass shouldn't be a top-flight northeast program.

But Christmas was canceled. FJK should just return all his XXS-fit Express for Men purchases. Save that money to purchase players' moms some quality time with the assistants.
While having bad luck with the flue losing in OT to St. Louis and Frig-gin Gold Wire being on fire, UMass did extremely well with Travis Ford in the NIT final fours and with DK as well actually making the big dance. Not as well as some but better than most in the A10.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
While having bad luck with the flue losing in OT to St. Louis and Frig-gin Gold Wire being on fire, UMass did extremely well with Travis Ford in the NIT final fours and with DK as well actually making the big dance. Not as well as some but better than most in the A10.
Doing well does not mean you have not underachieved.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
That certainly makes the Fayers march to the preseason championship a little more difficult.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Joel had the Flyer’s at 51 last year and not ranked the year before. Don’t trust any preview that includes five walk-ons as “key returning” players. He missed on Grant’s first team at UD as well.

We don’t claim the Preseason Championship any longer. We just win the real thing now.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Who is "One Toppin?"
Sounds like something at Baskin-Robbins.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Joel had the Flyer’s at 51 last year and not ranked the year before. Don’t trust any preview that includes five walk-ons as “key returning” players. He missed on Grant’s first team at UD as well.

We don’t claim the Preseason Championship any longer. We just win the real thing now.
Who is Scott Whittum? Joel's Covid positive proofreader?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts