Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the top 5 bums in the NBA? By bums, I mean either wastes of talent, overpaid scrubs etc.

My top 5 list, in no particular order:

1. Latrell Sprewell - You're not getting $14 million dollars to 'feed your family.' I'd be surprised if he even got signed by any team for the minimum.

2. Kwame Brown - Already 3-4 years in the league, and still producing nothing. He's been terrible this year, what a bum. Waste of a #1 pick.

3. Michael Olowokandi - Averaging like 10 points per game in his career, waste of size...he's a bum as well. Clippers wasted their high pick on him.

4. Jerome James - One good series against the Kings lands him a $30 million dollar contract, for a 5 points per game player. Now that he has a fat contract, he's injured all of a sudden and not playing so well anymore. What a coincidence.

5. Dajuan Wagner - Top 5 pick, not even in the NBA anymore. All he did was jack up shots when he played, and he wasn't hitting any them. Prolly won't ever see him in the league. What a bum.

Reactions: Seuss

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,212 Posts
pr0wle said:
4. Jerome James - One good series against the Kings lands him a $30 million dollar contract, for a 5 points per game player. Now that he has a fat contract, he's injured all of a sudden and not playing so well anymore. What a coincidence.

5. Dajuan Wagner - Top 5 pick, not even in the NBA anymore. All he did was jack up shots when he played, and he wasn't hitting any them. Prolly won't ever see him in the league. What a bum.
How many GM's have overpaid a player based on 1 playoff series? Croshere, Tim Thomas, etc. when are teams gonna learn.

As for Juanny he was good his rookie year, and a series of injuries and health problems killed his progress. I wouldn't necesarilly classify him as a bum, he played with effort, just had alot of bad luck.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Benedict_Boozer said:
How many GM's have overpaid a player based on 1 playoff series? Croshere, Tim Thomas, etc. when are teams gonna learn.

As for Juanny he was good his rookie year, and a series of injuries and health problems killed his progress. I wouldn't necesarilly classify him as a bum, he played with effort, just had alot of bad luck.
The funny thing is, when posters try to speak on talent of prospective players and current players, some guy always loves to say "well these are professional talent scouts, so they KNOW talent or lack thereof better than anyone"

Then you have guys like JJ, Dampier and Foyle getting overpaid.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Tragedy said:
The funny thing is, when posters try to speak on talent of prospective players and current players, some guy always loves to say "well these are professional talent scouts, so they KNOW talent or lack thereof better than anyone"

Then you have guys like JJ, Dampier and Foyle getting overpaid.

Woooo now.... don't put JJ in the same sentence as Eric "I'm the best center in the league" Dampier and Agonal "My agent had sex with the Golden State GM to get me my contract" Foyle.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Your Top 5 "Bums in the NBA" thread includes a player who is...not in the NBA.

Here's my list:

1) Danny Fortson
2) Danny Fortson
3) Danny Fortson
4) Danny Fortson
5) Jason Kapono

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
tempe85 said:
Woooo now.... don't put JJ in the same sentence as Eric "I'm the best center in the league" Dampier and Agonal "My agent had sex with the Golden State GM to get me my contract" Foyle.
oops. Forgot that JJ is also for Joe Johnson. I was talking about Jerome James lol

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Which I thought was obvious. How could Joe Johnson be overpaid. At least dude is always out there.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Jerome James! hands down.
and Brian Scalarbrine. ask any Celtics fan. :D

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Tim Thomas
Tim Thomas
Tim Thomas
Tim Thomas
Tim Thomas

14 Million a season and he can't even make the active list.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ron Mexico said:
1. Jerome Moiso
2. Jason Kapono
3. Trevor Ariza
4. Matt Barnes
5. Dijon Thompson
thats sounds about rite

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
how is Dijon Thompson a bum? Isn't he in the developmental league? He hasn't even played a game in NBA.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Scalabrine. $15,000,000 (fifteen million dollars) to average 1.8 points off 40.9% shooting (one rebound and .3 assists) and a turnover in 9.3 minutes per game. His PER? .4 (in comparison, Paul Pierce's is 28.5). Fifteen million dollars.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Trevor Ariza was a second round draft pick he's ok definitely not a bum

1 - 20 of 39 Posts