Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you rank as the top 5 players of todays game. Base your opinions on the overall of a player's game. My top 5

5-Jason Kidd
4-Kobe Bryant
3-Tracy McGrady
2-Shaq
1-Tim Duncan

Reasons= I think this is fairly accurate. I dont think Shaq belongs at the top because 70% of his baskets are within 3 feet of the net. I wanted to put Dirk Nowitzki in number 5 but I could not count out J kidd.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
1 - Duncan
2 - Shaq
3 - K.G.
4 - Kidd
5 - T-Mac

6 - Payton - I had to put him in their,cuz at 33/34 hes still AWESOME,and he shows NO signs of slowing down.

Thats what I think.:yes:

U actually think Dirk is BETTER then K.G.?!?!:eek:

·
Registered
553 Posts
1: Shaq (unfortunately)
2: Tim Duncan
3: T-Mac
4: Jason Kidd
5: MJ... just because he is MJ

·
Registered
924 Posts
IMX Top 5ive...

1. Steve Kerr
2. Sean Marks
3. Brian Scalabrine
4. Greg Ostertag
5. ???WHO CARES???

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
I don't know how Duncan can be ranked higher than Shaq but anyway, here's mine...

5. Kidd
4. T-Mac
3. Kobe
2. Duncan
1. Shaq

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I base my rankings on overall skill level and talent, not on how well a player can run over his defender and intimidate the officials....

1. Tracy McGrady

This man can do it all. He is basically Kobe Bryant, but 2 inches taller and a better rebounder and defender. He leads his team all by himself and proved to me that he was the most talented player in the all-star game. Back problems could shorten his career, but he is no doubt, the best overall TALENT in the league...

2. Tim Duncan

What can you say? He does it all. He took a bunch of misfits into the divisional round of the playoffs and held his own against the Lake Show. He is a PF, who is also a triple double threat. There will be more MVP's to come...

3. Kevin Garnett

Now this guy can flat out play. He is great at getting everyone involved and is an athletic freak. Some say that he is actually too unselfish. I think he just needs to be more aggresive and attack the basket more often. No one in the league can stop this guy, if he puts his mind to it...

4. Jason Kidd

If it weren't for Duncan's outstanding season, Kidd would have been the MVP. Even though his team is struggling in the finals, there is no doubt the Jason kidd is the best PG since Magic Johnson. He can do everything, no explanation needed...

5. Paul Pierce

This guy had a lot to prove after he slipped in the draft. He has turned his team around and he is still young. He could go off for 40 a night if he wanted to and he still pulls down the boards. he is a superstar, who could move even higher on the list in the future...

·
Registered
388 Posts
1. Tracy McGrady
OK. You can call me biased; but like the Kings fan over there said he can do it all and when Grant Hill can come back from his ankle injury I expect him to still get the same amount of points and finally silence his critics about him choking in the playoffs. I would like to see him not buy into the media pressure come playoff time but he still gets his stats and it doesn't bother his teammates.

2. Tim Duncan
I'll admit it, he's our current MVP and is the best PF in the league. He gets double-doubles every single night and can lead a team to the Western glory if there was no Shaq & Lakers offcourse.

3. Chris Webber
I think I would rate him higher because of his post-season. It was his best ever, sure he chocked a 'tad bit on the last few plays in game 7 offcourse but his game has improved from scoring to rebounding, if only he could be a low post player!

4. Kevin Garnett
KG has the potential to be better then both Timmy D & C-Webb but because he seems to lack the hunger for the titles in the post-season and is way too unselfish at times.

Picking #5 is too tough so I'll leave it blank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1- Shaq - The most dominant player of this time and maybe ever. He is unstoppable and would be the player he is with or without Kobe Bryant. Kobe can't say the same in my opinion.

2- Tracy McGrady- He is alot like Kobe but he is much better defensively and has proven he can do it with all the attention and D on him.

3- Jason Kidd- Might not put up the huge stats but a Magic Johnson like player and a difference maker.

4- Tim Duncan- SOlid in every area. I'm not his biggest fan but he is damn good.

5- Chris Webber- Solid overall player and a good rebounder. He is a great scorer. I think he edges out Kobe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How can anybody not have Shaq down as the best player in the league? What else must the man do? 3 NBA titles in a row should speak volumes. He is the most dominating player in the game.

·
Registered
636 Posts
1. Shaq
After watching him throughout the playoffs how can he not be #1. Not only is he so big, he is so agile also. Now that he is making the FTs he is definitly number 1.

2. T-Mac
Him and Kobe are very close but Tracy gets the nod becuase he does it all by himself. He doesn't have the best player in the game to give the ball to him. T-Mac has the all-around game and he has elevated the Magic to another level.

3. Kobe
As much as I don't like Kobe I have to admit that he is d:eek:mn good. He is almost unstopable when he wants to be. I still won't move him higher till he's proven himself by himself.

4. Duncan
This years "MVP" has a very solid and yet veiwed by many :sleep: game. He has good post moves and that reliable baseline shot off the glass. The ultimate fantasy player.

5. Kidd/Webber/Iverson
Kidd should have been the MVP this year, period. He makes any team he plays for A LOT better. Webber has the best Team-oriented game in the league behind Kidd becuase of his uncanny passing skills for a big man. Iverson gets beat up and yet still gets the scoring title every year. He acutally makes the 6ers watchable. If he was Kobe or T-macs size he would be the #1 easy, but he's not so oh well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
5 best not sure but here is what i think

If i had to pick the best lineup i could pick i would choose
PG-GARY PAYTON :D
SG-ALLEN IVERSON:yes:
SF-TRACY MCGRADY
PF-RASHEED WALLACE:cool:
C-KEVIN GARNETT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by KCDEWH1
How can anybody not have Shaq down as the best player in the league? What else must the man do? 3 NBA titles in a row should speak volumes. He is the most dominating player in the game.
I based my list on talent. Shaq is great because he is huge. If Shaq was a normal C lets say 2 inches smaller and 70 pounds lighter he would be a Mourning/Brand type player. Shaq without question is the most dominating player but I wont consider him the most talented. In fact he is lucky to be in my top 5 IMO

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
As long as refs allow Shaq to bully his way to the basket he has to be number 1, but if the game were called as it should be Duncan definitely woule be number 1, but here is my top 10.

1. Shaq
2. Tim Duncan
3. Kevin Garnett
4. Jason Kidd
5. Tracy McGrady

6. Chris Webber
7. Kobe Bryant
8. Allen Iverson
9. Elton Brand
10. Karl Malone

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. Shaq- The most dominating player in the league bar none. Sure he doesn't make shot outside of the paint, but he doesn't have to. Nobody can stop him in the post, except himself.

2. Allen Iverson- An explosive guard that get's it done on the court. Has the heart of a champion. Too bad he doesn't have the work ethic : )

3. Tim Duncan- Great player and has probaly one of the best all-around games in basketball. He lasks the explosiveness of Shaq or AI but he gets it done. He has a ring to prove it too.

4. Kevin Garnett- Somehow he manages to stick with Minnesota. Garnett has been through some very tough times and I would personally like to see him be rewarded for his unselfishness. He is the ultimate team player.

5. Kobe Bryant/T-Mac - Two explosive players who will carry the league in the near future. Some would give Kobe the edge because of the rings, but McGrady has meant more to his team than Bryant. Too close for me to judge.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I'm not going to post who I think the top 5 players are, because there are so many great players, that it can't be narrowed to five. It is also impossible to judge how a PF stacks up against a PG, in my opinion. I'll just leave it at that.

·
loves the Bulls
13,122 Posts
joshri said:
1- Shaq - The most dominant player of this time and maybe ever. He is unstoppable and would be the player he is with or without Kobe Bryant. Kobe can't say the same in my opinion.

2- Tracy McGrady- He is alot like Kobe but he is much better defensively and has proven he can do it with all the attention and D on him.

3- Jason Kidd- Might not put up the huge stats but a Magic Johnson like player and a difference maker.

4- Tim Duncan- SOlid in every area. I'm not his biggest fan but he is damn good.

5- Chris Webber- Solid overall player and a good rebounder. He is a great scorer. I think he edges out Kobe.
dude, Chris Webber? :lol:

·
loves the Bulls
13,122 Posts
unluckyseventeen said:
Once again, this thread is over 5 years old. And yes, Webber with the Kings pre-knee injury was awesome.
So was Chris Mullin but that doesn't make him better than Kobe.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts