Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's kind of like a "the best rating" or who would you like on your team to build around.

Top 5 IMO
A class of their own-they have consistant low post moves that can't be stopped, something no one else has
1)Duncan-If his supporting class didn't disappear in the 4th quarter, or if he had anyone who could make shots when he was double/triple teamed lakers might have less rings
2)Shaq-you can't really stop him if he gets the ball close. I put duncan above him because duncan has that mid range bank shot that can't be blocked(if you try to go after it, he's agile enough to drive pass you to the basket for the jam)
Next 3
3)Pierce-He's less "athleticly gifted" compared to some other swingmen but he does one thing everyone else in the league seems to have forgotten. "The drive to the basket just to get a foul" move. If pierce's shot isn't going down he'll drive to basket w/ the attention of getting a foul for an easy two(instead of trying to dunk/make crazy move and maybe getting fouled). He also has better range then Kobe and T-Mac, excellent 3-point shooter.
4)Kobe-A little better defensively but sometimes he settles for jump shots early in the game, when he could be driving to the hoop. Best mid range game of the top 3 swingers, can't really shoot 3's. Works harder then any perimeter defender playing right now, can shut down.
5)T-Mac-Probably most athletic, but his game is kind of awkward. It's not very smooth, hard to describe. He can't make jumpers as well as the two above him, defence is good, although he puts more effort into 1 on 1 offence.

Feel free to post your own opinions, I'm sure there are some garnett fans that think he should be top 5 :D but i'm not one of them

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Where's Kidd, and Pierce isn't better than Kobe.:no:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a duncan believer so my list will consist of:

<B><U>Tim Duncan, Jason Williams, Reggie Miller, Yao Ming, and Vince Carter </U></b>

I know I've got all scorer's here mainly, but I like Flash and Flair and Reggie can provide his 3's, Jason his passes, Duncan his post up game, Carter his dunks, and Ming his overall size.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This isn't a starting lineup you would like.

This is a straight ranking. 1 being the player you would like to have on your team the most at this moment.

Kidd is good, but I'd rather have duncan, shaq, pierce, kobe, or tmac on my team before him...

I don't think Pierce is as talented as Kobe, but pierce makes smarter moves at this point in his career.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
PG- Kidd
SG- Carter
SF- T-Mac
PF- Duncan
C- Shaq

Tell me that teams NOT unstoppable...... :cool:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
same as dirk16..

C-Shaq
PF-Duncan
SF-Nowitzki
SG-Kobe
PG-Kidd

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm making an un biased squad that no team would be able to beat:

C- Shaquille O'Neal
PF- Tim Duncan
SF- Vince Carter
SG- Tracy McGrady
PG- Jason Kidd

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by wallyszczerbs
I'm a duncan believer so my list will consist of:

<B><U>Tim Duncan, Jason Williams, Reggie Miller, Yao Ming, and Vince Carter </U></b>

I know I've got all scorer's here mainly, but I like Flash and Flair and Reggie can provide his 3's, Jason his passes, Duncan his post up game, Carter his dunks, and Ming his overall size.
How can you like Yao Ming? You've never even seen him play. You're just believing all of the hype. Plus, Jason Williams is a Memphis bum, who is a big wigga.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Here are the best in the league at each position:

C: Shaq
PF: Duncan/Webber
SF: Carter/Pierce
SG: Kobe/T-Mac
PG: Kidd/Payton

:D ;) :) :yes: :grinning: :eek: :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts