2. Olajuwan - hugh underrated
3. Magic
4. Bird
5. Shaq - hugh underrated

Rings are not everything.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Rings are not everything even though those people account for like all the rings in the past 30 years...and you conveniently left off Duncan and Kobe. OK.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
Bird and Magic retired in the 90's and was on the downfall...

1.Jordan
2.Lebron (just match jordan in best year ever)
3.Shaq
4.Duncan
5. ---

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Wait, was that your list in order? I can't agree with Kobe over Shaq.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Why did you take Kobe and Duncan out, though? They are two of the best players since 1990 ...

1990 is when I started watching and taking keen interest in basketball. So I feel pretty well versed in the top players I've seen since then. Magic and Bird withheld ... I only saw brief glimpses of Magic at the tail end of his prime in 1991, and way past his prime in 1996. Bird by this point was a shell of his former self, so I don't count seeing either of those two long enough to judge or consider them some of the best players I've ever seen within context.

Easily the best player I've EVER seen:

1) MJ

Rest of the top five:

2) Bron
3) Shaq
4) Hakeem
5) Kobe

6) Barkley
7) Garnett
8) Ewing
9) Mailman
10) Duncan

11) Wade
12) Pippen
13) Drexler
14) David Robinson
15) Dirk

Honorable mentions:

Hill (Pre Injury)
Penny (Pre Injury)
McGrady (Pre Injury)

Gary Payton
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
John Stockton
Kevin Johnson

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
KG is criminally underrated. As soon as he got anything close to the support of Shaq/Kobe/Duncan, he put his foot in the NBA's ass and won a title. He is better than Barkley.

·
Banned
8 Posts
KG is criminally underrated. As soon as he got anything close to the support of Shaq/Kobe/Duncan, he put his foot in the NBA's ass and won a title. He is better than Barkley.
I don't know if he's better than Barkley. Obviously the vastly superior defender, but Barkley was just a MONSTER in money on the table games. He was clutch, and one of the best playoff performers I've ever seen.

I agree though, I think Garnett is better than Duncan. If he had David Robinson, Tony Parker, Avery Johnson, Sean Elliott, Derek Anderson, Manu Ginobili, and Robert Horry ... as well as coach Popovich, I easily could've seen him winning a few rings.

Hell, look at how beastly Garnett was this year in the playoffs compared to Duncan. And that was on an extremely bad knee.

Duncan never even managed to go to back to back Finals appearances, let alone win them. That says something to me. He's great, don't get me wrong. But vastly overrated. I actually would take prime / peak David Robinson over Duncan. But his resume isn't as good so I feel awkward ranking him above him.

It's a combo ranking of pure game, peak / prime, and resume.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts