Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PG:
1. Luke Ridnour- Stockton with some White Chocolate.
2. Kirk Hinrich- rounded skills, great shooter, knock is his D.
3. Chris Duhon- not Isiah II as he's being dubbed,but good.
4. Cedric Bozeman-6-7,could be a lotto pick, smooth old school G.
5. Raymond Felton- scoring G, similar to Starbury.
6. Chris Thomas- reminds me of Tony Parker. quick.
7. Marcus Moore-6-6 smooth old school, not 1/2 man as Bozeman.
8. Sani Becirovic- will have one year starting at PG for Kinder.

SG:
1. Lebron James- any way you look at it he's #1.
2. Rickey Paulding- athletic, good shooter, and good defender.
3. James White- athletic, and is flying to a court near you.
4. Carlos Delfino- Doug Christie II + 2'', great D, nice stroke.
5. Jarvis Hayes- VC with better shot and less athleticism.
6. Reece Gains- combo G, not quite a 2 but not a 1.
7. Zoran Planinic- Jiri Welsch II, sweet stroke, very skinny.
8. Dwayne Wade- too small at 6-3, similar to Arenas.

SF:
1. Carmelo Anthony- reminds me of Lucious Harris, but most of Caron Butler
2. Travis Outlaw- Darius Miles II, but will he declare?
3. Blagota Sekulic- rising fast, SG/SF/PF he does it all.
4. Rick Rickert- ultimately a KVH SF.
5. Darius Rice- 2003 sleeper pick award receiver.
6. Mickael Pietrus- SF/SG, Corey Maggette II, great D and hops.
7. Victor Khriapa- great scorer, similar to Hedo Turkoglu.
8. Luke Walton- the Lakers picked him 3 years ago:grinning:, #29 pick.

PF:
1. Maciej Lampe- does it all, similar to Gasol.
2. Anderson Varejao- tall,long, and likes to initiate contact.
3. Chris Bosh- more like Moiso than KG.
4. Emeka Okafor- good by virtue of only his D.
5. Ronny Turiaf-French,athletic, good D. 3rd Pietrus brother?:D
6. Nick Collison- solid, like Mark Madsen with O in place of D.
7. Pape Sow- like Hilario but not quite the defender.
8. Charlie Villanueva- KG or Leon Smith?

C:
1. Kosta Perovic- 7-2 defensive monster, similar to young Sabonis.
2. Kresimir Loncar- smmooooth, great O, needs more strength.
3. Eduardo Sonseca-Hernandez- great shot-blocker,decent O.
4. James Lang- big athlete whose agile, no predictions:grinning:,Baby Shaq number MCLVII.
5. Chris Marcus- underrated, great agility for a tree, solid.
6. Zaur Pachulia-Georgian taught like a Turk, great D.
7. Kendrick Perkins- shouldn't declare but will, only 6-8 or 6-9.
8*. David Harrison- more of a Lafrentz PF than a tough C.
8*.Jackie Butler- mini-Zo but too raw to jump to NBA.

*-Tie

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I move Collison up to top 2 at PF.

Hinrich has good D. Noone knows it, but he plays some nice D.

I think Harrison is more physical than Raef and I do not see the comparison for him and Raef.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
First off I would put Duhon above Kirk and Luke because ball hawk defenders at the PG spot are really hard to find. And Duhon has just as much if not more offensive ability than them. And where it TJ Ford on your list, I would take him over Kirk and Luke to. And why do people call Ridnour the next Stockton, well I promise you that Ridnour will never even come close to the assits and steals John has racked up over the years, what is it, because they are both white?

And Rickert is not a Keith VanHorn type player, Keith doesn't have a post game, Rick does, he has great feet down low and a ton of moves, have you watched him play? And Rick will probably end up a better ball handler than Keith is. And you are really dumb saying Collison is Mark Madsen like? Mark Madsen is probably the worst player in the NBA easy! Collison is a 6-10 260 4 that has a very very solid game and is always consistent, and Mark did not get picked in the lottery like Nick will be.

And sorry to say but Perkins is not 6-8 or 6-9, and he will be a top 3 pick, he has a ton of skill, and if he looks small well he is still growing, remember he is still in high school.

And where the hell did you see all of these foregin ballers? Do you actually know who they are? Or are you just going off of what others have said, have you see them play 1 or more games?

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Harrison/Raef comparison

Harrison is similar to Raef becuase both have offensive games that are centered on a perimeter game, both are sub-par rebounders for centers, both do not like physicallity(although Harrison seems less bothered), the both lack a post game, and on D they both tend to overcommit and let their man get past them.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
some good stuff.i would rate hinrich's defense better than one would think and collison has nothing in common with madsen(well almost nothing).lastly to the comment that ridnour doesnt compare to stockton i would disagree.i think ridnour has a lot of johns traits,pass first then shoot.he's more stockton than say steve nash if one s comparing people.keep up the good(s) work.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
re: Ozzy

I have Fox Sports Europe and the Euroleague package, as well as the Italian League package on my computer. I've seen all of them play and I've got to say from what I saw of Kosta Perovic, he's going to be great. Collison is only 6-9 230 not 6-10 260, Perkins is only 6-8 or 6-9 (he's being listed at 6-8 and 1/2 right now), and Duhon's O is not even close to Ridnour's and Hinrich's, TJ Ford is not even a 1st round lock right now, and Ridnour is similar to Stockton becuase the way he runs the team on the floor.......so be a little more factual before you blurt out BS.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Re: Harrison/Raef comparison

Originally posted by <b>TheGoods</b>!
Harrison is similar to Raef becuase both have offensive games that are centered on a perimeter game, both are sub-par rebounders for centers, both do not like physicallity(although Harrison seems less bothered), the both lack a post game, and on D they both tend to overcommit and let their man get past them.
I still think you are SO wrong on the comparison. One is that Harrison is a true center, and Raef is a true PF. I don't think David Harrison is mostly centered on the Premiter game. For rebounding, Raef is a true PF not Center. He is average rebounder. Harrison well not sure about his rebounding. Harrison may not like the phyical game, but the way he played vs KU, he was very physical. He was very physical genelly. I live in big 12 country, and I see him play on a consitstent basis. I just can not comapre the players sorry. no comparison.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Blurt out BS?????

Well Collison is 250 maybe not 260, but no way in hell is he 230 lbs, and he has a lot more skill than you give him credit for!!!!!

And Chris Duhon is a better PG than Kirk and Luke, he playes defense, and sorry you can't find PG's that play defense that tight to often.

And the thing about Luke seeing the floor, well TJ Ford led the Nation in assists last year, I would say that is seeing the floor won't you? He is faster than Kirk or Luke, he is quicker and I think he has as much or more of a feel for the game than them, and remember he is way younger also, he will be a lottery pick when he comes out.

It is great that you watch alot of euro ball, but don't over hype players from what they do over there, yeah some are good but some can't play the pro game.

And don't forget Aaron Miles, the great FROSH PG for Kansas.

(And just a question that I'm wondering if you know, why do NBA teams draft players from over seas so often? What is the real reason for it?)
P.S. The answer for this question came right out of the mouth of Marty Blake when I talked to him on the phone!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Luke Ridnour is not the next John Stockton. Stockton is a player than only comes around about every 50 years. I ask you honestly how much difference is their between Ridnour and Dan Dickau? Lets also remember how much hype Brett Nelson recieved last year and right now he's not even a second rounder in some mocks. I don't see Ridnour, Hinrich or Duhon being a lottery picks next year.

I like Kirk Hinrich but I think his defense is underrated. First off, both him and Boschee picked up the defense at half-court almost every time. Both players also played incredibly tight defense. Their never was much room between Hinrich and his defender with the ball. By doing this, you are much more likely to get blown by but your also much more likely to force a turnover (which Kansas did a lot starting the break). Chris Duhon and Jason Williams played this way as well. It's a great way to keep the up tempo game going because you force the offensive player to make a play very quickly. This is total opposite of the way Steve Logan and Lynn Greer played defense. Sometimes people look to much in the numbers and think that Kansas wasn't a good defense team last year because they put allowed a lot of points. I see it a lot different because that is their style of play.

No Julius Hodge? I think he continues to improve he is a lottery pick next year. 6'5" and can handle both points spots. He hit some clutch shots for the Wolfpack last year and should great leadership for a only a freshman. A lot of people, me included, think he is a better prospect than Bozeman, who BTW isn't 6'7". More like 6'5"-6'6".

Raymond Felton also not just a scoring guard. He's a great all around player and a wonderful passer. The knocks on his game right now are a streaky outside shot (his form isn't textbook) and his height (He's barely 6'0" on a good day). Comparing him to Marbury doesn't serve either player justice either. Marbury was bigger and probably more athletic, while Felton is a much better playmaker and passer.

Travis Outlaw as the second best SF? Never seen him play but the word around is that he is not much more than a dunker right now.

Rick Rickert will be very good as well. He has incredible post moves, can handle the ball and shoot the outside jumper - all at 6'10". All he needs to do is comtinue to improve and hit the weights.

Darius Rice a sleeper? How, the kid has been hyped since his senior year of high school. Everybody seen the kid. His tall and athletic, but his shot and ball handling are suspect, he needs to add strength and his perimeter defense has plenty of work needed.

I wouldn't compare Bosh to Moiso or KG yet. He is super long and is very athletic. He has a nice touch around the basket. Give him time and he will fill out his frame. Hopefully, he stays at least two years.

Nick Collison is mucher better than number 6. He has the best post moves in college basketball, he can shoot the mid-range jumper and he is an underrated athlete. He looks pretty impressive catching those alley's last year and he manages to get a ton of rebounds despite playing alongside Gooden and Simeon. I think he could be a lottery pick next year.

Charlie Villanueva- KG or Leon Smith? Neither. Hopefully, Villanueva goes to school because he has the rare combination of size and perimeter skills.

James Lang is a little high. I think a lot of people are getting caught up in his hype. Let's remember that this kid has only just recently began to show pro potential and that he is still ranked behind a lot of other big men.

I like Chris Marcus a lot better than a lot of other people do. Is he a stiff? Yeah in a way. But he is more athletic and stronger than Brad Miller. He's raw but because of his size, he should contribute from day one.

I heard a lot of different things about Zaur Pachulia but most people bill him as a PF. He is listed at 6'11" by most people so he is more than likely only 6'9" or 6'10".

Perkins isn't 6'10". Numerous reports have said this. Most recently Telep reported from ABCD camp than Perkins was a shade shorter than Jackie Butler and neither were quite 6'10". He is still a legit prospect as a PF though. I don't expect top 3 but lottery is a possibility.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ozzy- I don't agree with your statement that overseas players shouldn't be judged by their performance in europe. many of the leagues over there are much more competitive than the NCAA and light years ahead of US high school ball. i'm also wondering as to why you asked about the recent interest in "overseas" players. i assume that teams are drafting these players because they're good. i'm not sure what you think, but some people believe that GMs have ulterior motives in drafting euros because they're white and think that this will attract more fans, etc. (this, of course, ignores the fact that players from Asia, South America, and Africa have all been drafted by the NBA). I don't think it has anything to do with race, it's just that european leagues are much more developed than others in the world. when asia, south america, and africa catch up to europe and the US, i'm sure that teams will draft talented players regardless of whether they're white, asian, hispanic, or black.

the goods- how do you get coverage of the euroleagues? how much does it cost?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have a MAJOR problem with your comments on Reece Gaines. You say that he's not quite a two but not a one. The guy is a true point guard. He's as true of a point as there comes. He'd be a pro prospect if he was 6-2. You only say that because he's 6-6. That's just an added bonus. Have you even seen him play? I've seen every game he's played in college, and I guarantee you, he's just as much of a point guard as Luke Ridnour is a point guard. And I have a hard time seeing somebody like Reece, who's projected by experts as a lottery pick, 6th at his position. You didn't even have the right position for him.

Also, Dwyane Wade is 6-4, not 6-3. Marquette has historically been accurate with their heights as well.

Where's T.J. Ford? And I think that Ford and Felton are clearly the two top PG prospects in college basketball, with Duhon maybe in the same class as them. Your big men rankings, there's no other way to describe them: They're crap. One or two foreign prospects in each category, MAYBE. Awful list of big men.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree with Luke that Reece Gaines will be an NBA PG. He quicker than Hodge, Bozeman and a lot of 6'0" PG's. My problem with him is that he is a gunner. He has very little sense of the team game and I wouldn't consider him a playmaker. He is a good ball handler, deadly shooter and terrific athlete though. If I were a team I would be concerned about his leadership abilities and off the court problems, though.

As for were he is ranked. Luke is right that a lot of experts have him penciled in as a top 15 prospect. I think he will end up falling some from that but I think he still stands a good chance to be a first round pick. NBA scouts are going to expect some big things from Reece this year but he certainly does have the potential. He more athletic and a better shooter than John Salmons, who went in the first round this year.

Luke, I don't consider Ford much of an NBA prospect right now, either. Again he's under 6 foot with a suspect outside shot. He weighs about 160 pounds soaking wet. He is an incredible playmaker but again remember that NBA scouts aren't friendly towards young point guards. Marcus Taylor, Omar Cook and Erick Barkley are all three examples of this in the last three years. I personally think both him and Felton will stay for at least the 2003-2004 season before making the jump and I think that will really benefit both players.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
we have a lot of smart people here arguing over things that are too hard to predict right now.a lot of these issues are going to have to play out.what we do know is that things are pretty watered down over the last few years.americans seem to lack some fundamentals and the european influence isnt going to slow down for some time.one thing i have noticed is a lot of people,myself included,seem to jump on our favorite teams players bandwagons and downplay guys that go to schools we dont really like.maybe its just me so i will speak for myself.peace brothers

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have Fox Sports Europe and the Euroleague package, as well as the Italian League package on my computer. I've seen all of them play and I've got to say from what I saw of Kosta Perovic, he's going to be great.
Have you seen play Lampe, Pietrus, Varejao, Hernández-Sonseca, Perovic, Pachulia, Khriapa... living out of Europe???.

I don´t know about Fox Sports Europe and your Euroleague and Italian league package. Some of this guys never played just a minute in Euroleague nor Italian league. Lampe, your listed top PF, just played 22 minutes in Euroleague: three games, 7 Mpg, garbage minutes..., you watched those games???.
Euroleague is about 200 games, how many of them did you really watch??.

I want to believe you are just kidding. Maybe you have seen some of these players, but... all of them??.

I think you really have not seen any of them. You make your statements just reading some websites, and using your imagination... that´s funny.

(BTW: I live in Europe, I have spanish, french, italian, german, english, american and some others tv channels and it´s no easy watch all these young prospects)

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Well the answer to why GM's in the NBA are drafting more euro talent simple. It came from the mouth of the worlds greatest scout Marty Blake when I talked to him.

He said that NBA teams pick forigen players because the europe teams develop them, the forigen teams teach them everything and when they are good they come over here. And why don't overseas ballers come to the states and play college ball, well they get paid a lot of money over there to play, even at ages like 15 and 16. So obviously they are not coming over here and playing college ball. But GM's would rather have another team teach a young player that doing it with a team. It is almost the same thing as all the high schoolers coming out, they come out and get drafted then the team has to develop them themselves, but if they are a forigen player then they can just sit back and compete in the NBA with a full playing roster, and the europe team is teaching there prospect from no cost to the US team. Because they get paid over there to.

That is what he said, I was always wondering why, and that cleared everything up for me, it is a economic decision. And he also said that there are not centers in the USA at all, all of them are overseas and that to is a reason why. And he said "all we (US players) want to do it dunk the ball", so he saying euro ballers have more skills and know the game better. But that can be debated and I don't see it that way, overseas they have a ton of big men but US player dunk because they are athletic enough to do so well.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Mem-Fizz

Mem-Fizz, I ranked Lampe based on what I've seen and what I think. If you take Pau Gasol and stretch him wider, while compacting him down a bit, you get Lampe. Like Gasol, Lampe is best suited creating his own shot by attacking the basket, both are good shot-blockers and rebounders, and both are very solid shooters although Lampe has more range.....If Lampe starts next year for Real Madrid I think he'll have a breakout season like Gasol did.
As for Perovic, his offense is quite raw but he already shows an affinity to playing in the post, and his D and rebounding is superior to his age level and could be among the tops in Europe if he gets PT and shows his stuff. His shot-blocking and passing is really what makes me like him, he shows flashes of young Sabonis without the range.
As for Varejao, I've seen him play several times and his length, activity, and court sense are great, but his greatest skill is his passion. He plays the game like it's meant to be played, he gives it his all.
As for Pachulia, he hasn't had a breakout game like Skeeta and Edu have, but offense isn't his skill. He's a tough defender and a good rebounder, and a very good shot-blocker.
Edu speaks for himself he showed with his 28 point game that he isn't just a shot-blocker and rebounder. He can play the post, but he needs 20 more lbs for the NBA.
Khryapa is very similar to Boki (Bostjan Nachbar). Boki didn't really have any real NBA chance until this year when he elevated his game and became a very solid NBA prospect. Khryapa is very similar to that and his game also resembles Boki, he will climb and Khryapa should find himself in the mid-first. Although if I'm a GM and Khryapa and Drejer are on the board, I'd have to think about but I'd proabably end up taking Drejer because his game resembles Szcerbiak and he really has more potential.
Mickael Pietrus- I was real big on him starting 2 years ago. I saw him play a little and he looked like Corey Maggette out there. I really think if he could get a consistant shot he'd be a lotto pick. For now I think he's a first round lock but he really needs his shot to climb into the lotto. I'd take him over Diaw Riffiod, Khryapa, Drejer, and the other swingmen in his age group.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
4. Cedric Bozeman-6-7,could be a lotto pick, smooth old school G.
From what I saw of this kid last year, he was awful. Give him at least a productive season before hyping him for the NBA.

5. Raymond Felton- scoring G, similar to Starbury.
He is similar to Marbury in his scoring ability and athleticism, but don't forget that Felton is also a great passer. In the McD's game, all he did was pass and from that alone it was obvious he was the best guard on the floor.

7. Marcus Moore-6-6 smooth old school, not 1/2 man as Bozeman.
Who is this guy?

8. Dwayne Wade- too small at 6-3, similar to Arenas.
Time to watch a Marquette game...Wade is nothing like Arenas at all, other than their height and position. Arenas was smooth, but I wouldn't call him a super-athelete by any stretch of the imagination. Wade is one of the top 5 most athletic SG's in the country. Also, check out Wade's wingspan before knocking his size. He averaged over a block per game last season because of it.

1. Carmelo Anthony- reminds me of Lucious Harris, but most of Caron Butler
Anthony is no way, shape or form like Harris. There isn't a single aspect of Anthony's game that in any way resembles Harris'. Anthony has excellent size for his position, Harris is undersized. Anthony is an insane athlete, Harris has never impressed anbody with speed or leaping ability. Harris is a sharpshooter, while Anthony needs to work on his perimeter shot. Where are you getting this stuff?

2. Travis Outlaw- Darius Miles II, but will he declare?
I haven't heard anyone make this comparison. Outlaw is an athlete with little else for game. This can be said about a lot of players. How does this make him Darius Miles II?

3. Chris Bosh- more like Moiso than KG.
Bosh is no Jerome Moiso. While he might not be KG, he actually has game. Moiso is incredibly soft, and shies away from contact down low. I haven't seen this in Bosh. What stops him from developing into an NBA player over the next couple of seasons?

5. Ronny Turiaf-French,athletic, good D. 3rd Pietrus brother?
Turiaf showed a lot in his freshman year, but he isn't even close to the fifth best PF prospect in the country. He's closer to the 5th best player on his own team. I agree he will improve a lot this season, but he's a four-year guy. He might be a first rounder in a couple of years.

If you want to hype a developing soph who is primed for a breakout year, why not go with Wayne Simien? He was incredible in limited minutes last year, and actually looked like he was ready to star, where other prospects (like Bozeman, White, Turiaf) will have to noticeably improve their games to stand out. All Simien needs is the playing time, which he will get this year at KU.

8. Charlie Villanueva- KG or Leon Smith?
Everything I've read says this guy is a way better pro prospect than Travis Outlaw. And I've never heard anything about attitude problems, either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wayne Simeon's potential is actually quite limited. He's listed at only 6'8" and he might not even be that. He looks like a college superstar but lets also remember that Lonny Baxter, Udonis Haslem, Sam Clancy and many other 6'7"-6'8" guys were college superstars but none of them were super NBA prospects. Wayne potential for improvement is limited because he isn't an elite athlete and he doesn't have the body to be am NBA 3.

Also, Anthony is a good athlete but he isn't insane. He isn't the athlete James White or Gerald Wallace was and personally I believe that Evan Burns is a better athlete. Anthony only has ok size for the wing (good size would be 6'9"-6'10" and Anthony is only is probably a shade shorter than 6'7") too. His all-around game is what makes him different than White, Wallace or Burns though. He can handle the ball, he has a repectable outside shot, he can post up and he actually will mix it up inside the lane. I agree that he isn't Caron Butler or Lucious Harris.

Bozeman had a tough job last year. He was a combo guard who was forced to play point on a team that had final four expectations. He is more a scorer to at this point of his career and last year he was forced to be a playmaker. I agree though that he is a couple of years away from being a lottey pick.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
re

Cedric Bozeman- I went to almost every UCLA home-game and I can tell you that his shot is weak at best, but his shot selection is great, his passing is among the best in the nation, he's a great defender, and he's 6-7. Also he's more athletic than he showed because he was recovering from his ACL surgery

Marcus Moore- he is a junior (or soph?) PG for the Washington Huskies. He showed leadership and a nice shot, and he's a very decent playmaker, but he lacks D. He's a slightly upgraded version of Jerryl Sasser (but he has a better shot than Sasser).

Ronny Turiaf- I went to several Peperdine games, and I must tell you his stats don't tell the story. Although his O is limited right now, he is a super defender and a great rebounder,shot-blocker, and athlete. He's very similar to Bo Outlaw, the way he plays hard and energetically, except he's a better offensive player than Bo. Also don't forget Ronny just turned 19 last month.

Chris Bosh- he is soft like Moiso, the key is strength, but like Moiso he's both blessed and cursed by a fast metabolism.

Dwayne Wade- first of all Arenas is a super athlete, and Wade's long arms won't help him that much. His knocks are his D and his streaky shot. Also he doesn't seem to like to pass to teammates even though he can effeciently set them up. On another note Jason Terry comparisons are moot here because Terry was a backup PG a Arizona behind Mike Bibby before breaking out his senior season.

Charlie Villanueva- he's good but he doesn't play D and he's not a good rebounder, nor is he a great athelte. I give Outlaw the nod over him, but it's like taking D Miles over Tim Thomas, both have potential you just need to pick your style.

Travis Outlaw- he is a super athlete, maybe even more so than D Miles. Also he's a very good rebounder and a great shot-blocker. His O is raw but out to 17' he's effective.

Carmelo Anthony- I say he like Lucious Harris because both are 6-6 (and change) SF/SFs and both are instant offense, but neither plays D, and both are streaky shooters. 'Melo has a post game and is a better passer but Harris is more explosive, although Anthony is more athletic (he just is kind of lazy).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Re: Mem-Fizz

Mem-Fizz, I ranked Lampe based on what I've seen and what I think. If you take Pau Gasol and stretch him wider, while compacting him down a bit, you get Lampe. Like Gasol, Lampe is best suited creating his own shot by attacking the basket, both are good shot-blockers and rebounders, and both are very solid shooters although Lampe has more range.....If Lampe starts next year for Real Madrid I think he'll have a breakout season like Gasol did.
As for Perovic, his offense is quite raw but he already shows an affinity to playing in the post, and his D and rebounding is superior to his age level and could be among the tops in Europe if he gets PT and shows his stuff. His shot-blocking and passing is really what makes me like him, he shows flashes of young Sabonis without the range.
As for Varejao, I've seen him play several times and his length, activity, and court sense are great, but his greatest skill is his passion. He plays the game like it's meant to be played, he gives it his all.
As for Pachulia, he hasn't had a breakout game like Skeeta and Edu have, but offense isn't his skill. He's a tough defender and a good rebounder, and a very good shot-blocker.
Edu speaks for himself he showed with his 28 point game that he isn't just a shot-blocker and rebounder. He can play the post, but he needs 20 more lbs for the NBA.
Khryapa is very similar to Boki (Bostjan Nachbar). Boki didn't really have any real NBA chance until this year when he elevated his game and became a very solid NBA prospect. Khryapa is very similar to that and his game also resembles Boki, he will climb and Khryapa should find himself in the mid-first. Although if I'm a GM and Khryapa and Drejer are on the board, I'd have to think about but I'd proabably end up taking Drejer because his game resembles Szcerbiak and he really has more potential.
Mickael Pietrus- I was real big on him starting 2 years ago. I saw him play a little and he looked like Corey Maggette out there. I really think if he could get a consistant shot he'd be a lotto pick. For now I think he's a first round lock but he really needs his shot to climb into the lotto. I'd take him over Diaw Riffiod, Khryapa, Drejer, and the other swingmen in his age group.
Thanks for these profiles, but you are just proving what I said: You are taking information from here and there and, after this, you let work your imagination... once again, what have you seen about Lampe???.

I will not argue about your opinions. I say you said you watch all these foreign players on Fox Sports Europe and Euroleague and Italian league package, and this is not possible. You are looking like you have first-hand information about these players because you have seen play "all of them", but some big mistakes on your profiles prove you havn´t.
I´ll give you some of them (this way you can add some new information you will give us on next days):
-Lampe starting next year with Real Madrid??????? NO WAY. Obviously you don´t know Real Madrid neither Spanish league nor Euroleague level. Lampe will be in the official roster (he was in Real Madrid 2nd team -farmer league- last year). Mumbrú will play 3 and Derrick Alston will play 4, Lampe will be not even in the ten players rotation.
-When had Skeeta a breakout game???? His best game last season was against Trieste (mid-level team of Italian league), 5/16/2002, 15 points in 17 minutes. Benetton won 118-90...

Your thoughts, profiles, evaluations and comparisons are yours, so I´ll not discuss about them.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts