Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jameer Nelson: Yeah he is short but I really like the way he leads his team, tough competitor and player just needs to work on his offensive game.

David West: Tough rebounder that has long arms, yeah another short 6-8 PF, but I think he could be a nice garbage guy for some teams, has doesn't have a horrible offensive game either.

Casey Sanders: With almost not shot blockers around, Casey is on of the better ones, is very raw but has good up side with his shot blocking ability, he will find his way on to a team.

Allan Anderson: Great 2/3 prospect, very athletic can get to the rim and can rebound, work on the outside shot and he could be a early 2nd round pick in 2 years.

Nigel Dixon: Really big man with some athletic ability, and teams always take the chance on that one big guys, kind of like Oliver Miller but taller and quicker.

Shelden Williams: Could be a top PF prospect, kind of under the radar, but he can shoot and is a very smooth offensive player.

Jabahri Brown: Another shot blocker, but Jabahri is more athletic than Casey and probably will get picked ahead of him, very raw but his athletic ability makes it worth the pick!

Ebi Ere: Great deep ball shooter and teams always need those type of players, has some good upside and if he plays well this year he could get to the first round, but he would have to average around 20-25 points a game.

Josh Howard: Good cat quick defender, can get up and attack the hoop, not afraid of contact, alittle skinny but is a solid 2 guard prospect in the late rounds.

Andre Emmett: Great low post player at 2 guard, very strong and has nice move around the hoop, can get up and down the floor and should have a great year at Texas Tech.

Wesley Wilson: Solid big man prospect, can block shots and is athletic, runs the court and could be just like Ruben in the NBA.

Brandin Knight: Great PG, bigger than his brother, has a good offensive game and keeps his dribble alive, leads the team and will be a backup in the NBA.

Andre Barrett: One of the best small ballers I have ever seen, real quick, tough, has a good feel for the game, and can get others open shots, might be a change of pase PG in the NBA.

Hakim Warrick: Great athlete, can really get up, has really long arms and runs well, is a nice 3 prospect, should do even better with Anthony now on board.

Amit Tamir: Wide body and can hit a open jumper, tough player and doesn't get pushed around, not that athletic but his shooting ability makes up for it.

Jerry Holman: A absolute freak, can guard PG's and he is 6-10, nice shot blocker, attacks the rim, is raw but he will be picked, has a ok hook shot just needs to work on that 15 foot jumper.

Justin Hamilton: Very good defender defending anyone on the court no matter the size, could make it because of his de.

Matt Bonner: Another big man that can shoot, not real athletic but is a clutch player and works hard.

Marquis Estill: Should be a fine backup center, big wide, runs the court, can rebound, can defend, has a nice little jump shot, good offensive game, just needs to be consistent.

Ronald Dupree: Another freak athlete, can jump out of the jump, good post player, great competitor, he came back for his senior year because he wanted to win!

Antonio Burks: Is a pro PG, ok size, very quick and fast with the ball, can shoot and get other involved, very good prospect and will make a very fine backup for a team.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'll add one

Najeeb Echols. He was the second best prospect out of Chicago in Eddy Curry's year, but blew out his knee before his senior year. He didn't play at all that year and was still slowed by his knee last year. He was also told not to look for his shot last season because Kareem Rush and Clarence Gilbert were the guys who were Mizzou's scorers. Coming off a terrible injury, playing out of position at the 4, and not looking to score, he was only a role player, but he set good picks, rebounded well, and did some little things to help the team. Word is that he's finally back to his old form, which is a scorer from the wing. The guy has the body of a 4 in the height and mentality of a 3. A very versitile player. If he gets the minutes could turn into a great player.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
re:

I agree on Amit Tamir, the guy got minimal PT (mostly becuase Cal was stacked in the frontcourt) and he was a similar to Raef Lafrentz but he was willing to bang, he even did a good job against Dan Gadzurc something Channing Frye and Curtis Borchardt couldn't do. Here are some others:

Will Bynum, Arizona- great shooter, tough, reminds me of David Wesley.

Josh Davis, Stanford- super athlete, good shot-blocker, a lot like Gerald Wallace in a slightly bigger body.

Ryan Walcott, UCLA- super defender, shot 54 % 3s, similar to Tyrone Lue, limited PT because Bozeman's #1.

Torin Francis, Notre Dame- Athletic, strong, raw, Elton Brand like composure and manners, similr upside to classmate Amare Stoudemire, needs to be more agressive

Yaniv Green, UConn (commited for 03)- great scorer, good rebounder, physical, good shooter, decent defender, commited to UConn for 03 but may never attend if he declares sooner.

Michael Fey, UCLA- he was a top 10 bigman in a stacked HS class, was ineligible last year, great athlete, good rebounder and shot-blocker, good post player, solid C prospect once he gets his year of exposure, ranked between #20 and #40 on most HS class of 01 rankings

and some international sleepers:
Ender Arslan, Turkey- undersized ultra-dynamic scoring G, remind me of Nick Van-Exel

David Steffel, Czech Republic- young center with solid skills, likes to play near to the basket

Sam Harris, Austrailia- big Aussie's got skill and agility, plays tough 'Strailian defense

Paolo Barlera, Italy- great shot-blocker, decent offensively, developing well but is still slim

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I had Davis and Bynum on my top college prospects for each college under Stanford and Arizona.

But I don't know about Walcott, he looks really skinny and is not very quick, and I hate his handle.

Ray Young of UCLA could also be a sleeper, great athlete just needs to get his shot and dribbling skills, could be a NBA 2 guard and after his red shirt it is his year to shine.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
I dont think Brandon Knight will be anything good but i think David West will be a top sleeper..

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Hollis Price: great combo guard, one of the best 3 point shooters in the land. Can handle it like a PG, but has a definite scoring mentality. Tremendously quick. Only knock on him, is that he's only 6-1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts