Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toronto trades: PF Jerome Moiso (1.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.9 minutes)
SF Lamond Murray (7.7 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 19.4 minutes)
Toronto receives: PF Juwan Howard (15.4 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.1 minutes)
C Steven Hunter (3.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 13.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +9.3 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Orlando trades: PF Juwan Howard (15.4 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.1 minutes)
C Steven Hunter (3.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 13.2 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Jerome Moiso (1.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.1 apg in 16 games)
SF Lamond Murray (7.7 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.1 apg in 22 games)
Change in team outlook: -9.3 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Toronto and Orlando being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Toronto and Orlando had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Discuss...............

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This would only happen if Orlando is desperate to move Howard's contract, and wants to develop Gooden quicker. Lamond would provide the Magic with a possible second scoring punch after Tracy McGrady, and Moiso would replace Hunter on the bench. Keep in mind that the Magic want to move both players, and unless they get better deals from other teams, this might be a good one from a Raptors point of view.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i dont see whats so great about Howard. he has a loooong contract and he isnt the post presense we need. i see him as a crappy version of Marshall and we don't need another PF. if we take him, it'll pretty much just be the same as Orlandos problem of Gooden/Howard. ones just gonna sit on the bench if we overload on that position.

·
Registered
187 Posts
if i'm glen, i don't touch this one. howard may be a good big guy, but it he going to be worth $6mill in another 6 years? heck, another 2 years?

glen's a smart guy...i trust him not to make a dumb move.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We would be jammed with players up front, and I am not sure how Kevin would find the minutes to play Howard, Marshall, Bosh, Archibald, and Baxter.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the fact is that KO wouldn't find minutes for bax and arch in the rotation...but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I love these guys for their heart and hustle but they aren't really guys who would be part of a GOOD nba frontline. I believe baxter will be soon but not just yet. I like this trade for the Raps and i think Orlando would like it too. Keep in mind that if we want to get rid of one of our large contracts after the year we could offer something to the Charlotte Bobcats so they'd take one off our hands.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd like to know why we would give up moisio when there is another rumor going on another current thread that involves Murray and Montross. Merge these threads

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>DAllatt</b>!
I'd like to know why we would give up moisio when there is another rumor going on another current thread that involves Murray and Montross. Merge these threads
ummm how about no...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
do you guys think we could get hunter, howard and orlando's second for moiso and murray? i'd do it for sure...moiso isnt really a legit centre and hunter is. Moiso is no more proven than hunter so whats the difference? The pick will be in the low 30's...could find a nice player there

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
just checked and orlando doesnt have their second rounder but they have phoenix's which shouldnt be much worse

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i wouldn't mind picking up juwan for lamond + montross.

though juwan's contract is for 6 years, it's only 6 mil per, and that's very good money for a player who could give you 15/8 nite in and nite out.

he won't give you marshall like numbers but he'll at least be productive when given time on the floor.

and plus, juwan would really bolster our second unit.

i'm in for a possible juwan trade :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts