Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After training camp finally comes some real game action. The schedule is as follows;
  • Oct. 8, vs. Real Madrid, 7 p.m
  • Oct. 10 at Detroit, 7:30 p.m
  • Oct. 12 vs. Detroit, 7 p.m
  • Oct. 15 at Memphis, 7 p.m
  • Oct. 17 vs. Washington, 7 p.m
  • Oct. 19 vs. New York at Montreal, 7 p.m
  • Oct. 22 vs. Milwaukee, 7 p.m

I was hoping for an early Sunday game, but looks like I'll have to stay up late a couple of nights to catch the team in action.

I'm expecting exciting performances from Davis, Lowry, Fields and my underdog McGuire.

It's a shame we won't get to see the anticipated Valanciunas/Drummond matchup just yet, but JV is scheduled to get some minutes towards the back end of pre-season.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lowry will also be sitting out tonights game.

Will be getting up early to catch the repeat on NBATV.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to stay up and catch this live, players just getting introduced to the crowd now. If anyone needs a stream, just shout.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RM shooting the lights out, probably because our D isn't exactly tight.

Calderon is trying to push the pace, it just doesn't look fluid yet.

On the positive side, Landry Fields had a very nice move going to the basket, as did DD. Bargs has been aggressive on the offensive end, not finishing much, but driving to the hoop never the less.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bargnani playing well.

Amir is in for Gray, that switch made a big difference to the team and we immediately went on an 8-0 run.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucas knows how to push the pace, the team looks much more comfortable playing this type of game when he is on court.

Really liking what I am seeing from Ross.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
29-22 after 1st Q. The team started slow but really turned it on defensively which led to easier offensive opportunities.

Lucas is one hell of a 3rd string guard, we simply have to move Calderon, we just have no need for him anymore, get whatever value you can and move on.

Ross airballed his first professional shot. Pretty sure the kid is going to hear about that after the game.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bargnani now looks awful. Camping out on the perimeter and looking lost on D. Sigh.

DD has looked very impressive, even if his J is a little flat.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Derozan has looked nice and Ross has had a couple impressive plays. The rest of your team has been unimpressive, although I missed the majority of the 3rd quarter.

They were calling fouls like no tomorrow in the 2nd. This game has been wildly unentertaining.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does JLucasIII think he's fighting for a starter spot?

He's balling tonight.
I think he's fighting for that backup PG spot with Calderon, and last night he landed some big body blows to his Spanish teammate.

Thoughts on the game -

Amir is Amir. You always get energy, hustle, defense and easy buckets with him in the game. Gotta love that. Ross has scary potential. That jumper is the nicest looking thing this Raptor team has seen since the Dance Pak of 02'. Lucas is my choice ofback-up PG, he fits the profile of this team much better than Jose. After the 1st Q, Bargs wasn't trying at all. Not that he really needs to be at this point. Ed really wanted to, but in the end he didn't show much. Still hoping to see improvement. Field was lost in the sets. Expected though. Needs to get settled in.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Calderon is making too much to be a 3rd string PG. Lucas is the default 3rd unless you're planning on trading Jose.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ That's the hope.

We could do with a Calderon + Kleiza package for an upgrade at the 3 spot. Really hoping BC can make something happen.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Forgot to mention this yesterday but

‏@Paul__Jones
Casey on JV; He went this morning in practice but let's see how he reacts the next day. Aaron Gray will start tonight
And then later on at the game he took part in the shoot-a-round.

I would love to see him get some minutes tomorrow night against Detroit.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes!

@WolstatSun
Valanciunas banging with Ed Davis as media gets a rare glimpse of practice

‏@WolstatSun
Casey says Valanciunas will play against Detroit if he feels good tomorrow morning

1 - 20 of 98 Posts