Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaron Williams, who has resurfaced of late as a usable Raptor big man, is still undecided about his future. He can exercise a contract option to become a free agent this summer.

"We'll deal with that in the summer," the 11-year NBA vet said yesterday.

After languishing on the bench following a trade from New Jersey to Toronto in December, Williams has started two of the last five Raptor games.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...044442957278&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I'm pretty sure he'll exercise his player option, because I doubt he'll get that much money elsewhere. It's a shame that he can't find enough playing time on our roster, he could really provide us with some grit and rebounding down low. I'm sure that next season he'll be able to get more minutes since Marshall won't be around.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
If he does, thats stupid on his part, IMO.

There is no way he will get that kind of money anywhere else. I know that a veteran like him would want more playing time, but he'll get nothing more than a backup centre job for less money.

It'd be good for us, saving that money, though. But we might have to go out and sign a cheap free agent then.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I don't think he'll leave, that is alot of money to pass up.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Do you think that your GM would do a buy out with him?

-Petey

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he opts out and becomes a free agent. Teams such as the Spurs, Heat, and Kings could look to him as a valuable addition on their team. He just might look for a championship team over the money.

I wouldn't be too sad to see him go. Aaron really has not contributed much to the team and with Chris' playing time increasing next season and with youngsters coming in I doubt that AW could find valuable playing time here next year. Plus, we get the contract off the books.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
if he is playing like he is playing now than keep the guy around please!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts