Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I think everything is falling in place right now," Bosh, a second-year pro, said yesterday, during a lengthy chat with reporters yesterday. "It's getting to the point where in the near future it could be my team. I think everybody in the NBA wants to pursue something like that and have that chance. I'm going to have that chance real soon, so that makes me happy."...

"I don't want to go in somewhere blind and be, like, maybe this will happen ... and have to start all over again," Bosh said. "That's something I don't like to do."...

"I think it was an excessive amount (of off-court problems)," Bosh said. "(Compared with) last year, it was probably two or three times as much. Sometimes for the benefit of the team, you should deal with some things internally. I think when people just talk about it man to man and just deal with it with the team and with the front office, things go a little bit better. I think we just got off to the wrong start and things kept coming up. They were coming up once every week or once every two weeks and I think that was too much."...
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/04/08/987860-sun.html

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Thanks speedy... articles like this make me smile.

Raptors fans need something like this once and a while.

... and now I wait for all the negative nancies to come and spread their cynicism and doom all over this thread, like usual. I can't wait to see how they'll spin this into some kind of tale about the soon coming Raptors apocolypse.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Definately a good article to read. Whenever the team is doing poorly, it's just natural to think about his future here. He's a great player with a great heart who deserves to lead a winning team. Hopefully he can do that here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Everytime I'm about to explode after all the drama with this team, articles like these pop up. They keep me livin' in the NBA :biggrin: . Chris Bosh = the future of the Raptors.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Chris Bosh is going to retire as a Raptor I can feel it! Him becoming a superstar isn't very far into the future either. I love Bosh's attitude, he always defends the team, and his team mates.

·
Registered
603 Posts
laydee-bawla22 said:
Definately a good article to read. Whenever the team is doing poorly, it's just natural to think about his future here. He's a great player with a great heart who deserves to lead a winning team. Hopefully he can do that here.
I changed my mind (maybe because I'm in a crappy mood). So now I'll be one of those "negative nancies" you were talking about.
Vince Carter said he loves the team and he'll stick with us...For god sake he signed a 6 year deal. What happened to him? What happened for his love for the city? What happened to leading a team? Losing happened. The team started losing, he couldn't take the heat, so he up and left. In two years..or three years, if the raptors struggle we all know that Bosh is gonna get the blame. The fans, the media, everyone will be targeting him because he's the "leader". Who says he isn't gonna get up and leave? He's a nice guy now, but wait until he's in the spotlight like VC was.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
laydee-bawla22 said:
I changed my mind (maybe because I'm in a crappy mood). So now I'll be one of those "negative nancies" you were talking about.
Vince Carter said he loves the team and he'll stick with us...For god sake he signed a 6 year deal. What happened to him? What happened for his love for the city? What happened to leading a team? Losing happened. The team started losing, he couldn't take the heat, so he up and left. In two years..or three years, if the raptors struggle we all know that Bosh is gonna get the blame. The fans, the media, everyone will be targeting him because he's the "leader". Who says he isn't gonna get up and leave? He's a nice guy now, but wait until he's in the spotlight like VC was.
Bosh and VC are two completely different players...i think Bosh will be the leader of this team..and VC couldnt be the leader...he was the "go to guy" but never a leader....Bosh will be differnet he will be both the go to guy and he will be the leader...and i think he will stick with this team through thick and thin...however i think he will lead us into the playoffs and i doubt we will loose under him....

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Good read.
There has been too much nonsense this year about whether or not Bosh would resign with us. It's good to see him finally putting those rumours to rest.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think its great that he wants to stay. I see him being a future superstar. I dont think people really realize how great he is as a player.

If he were to stay for his sophomore year and then declared, I can guarantee that he would of been #1 overall instead of Howard.

I just got a feeling this kid's going to be something real special, surround him with some talent and let him flourish because its going to be something to see.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
laydee-bawla22 said:
The team itself has to do its part too. The front office needs to make this team into a winning one. If so, and Bosh keeps to his side of the promise, then I don't see how he won't retire as a Raptor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts