Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Globe and Mail has an interesting article about plenty of teams calling the Raptors about their players. The interesting part is that the article mentiones as Chris Bosh being one of the players that teams are asking about:

Bad as the Raptors have been so far this season, Babcock notes that he is still fielding a steady stream of telephone calls from general managers anxious to talk trade. Appearances to the contrary, the Raptors possess some marketable commodities, beginning with 21-year-old power forward Chris Bosh.

"They've already started calling," Babcock said. "Some people, you lose a couple games, they're ready to start calling. The calls have picked up, and they'll pick up the whole month here."

Babcock said the league's general managers can reach out and try to touch the Raptors all they want.
If the right deal came along would you be willing to see Bosh go?

Read more here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ry/LAC/20051111/RAPTORS11/TPSports/Basketball

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
it would have to be like Lebron or else i would hang up the phone right away

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'd be willing to trade Bosh, but it would have to be good value in return. Bosh, Rose, and Denver's 1st for Garnett? :biggrin: Seriously though, there are trade rumours swirling around KG too. I'm not sure how happy he'd be to come to another rebuilding team, but at least the Raptors have young players. KG plus a high lotto talent and this team could be looking at playoffs and even contention next year, instead of several years down the line.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Considering our current status, teams would be looking to rip us off. There definitely won't be a fair deal or the 'right deal', so, no would be my answer.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
unless the tradee is named Dwight Howard or Dwayne Wade or Lebron James of a 08 unprotected pick from the Atlanta hawks...or New York Knicks my answer is HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOO

·
Registered
568 Posts
The only players I'd trade for Bosh straight up are Wade, Dwight, and LeBron, anything else Babs you better hang up on.

Reactions: Divine Spammer

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have a brilliant trade idea!

We send Chris Bosh to Miami, and get Antione Walker in return.
Toronto gets- cancer with a ridiculuos contract.
Miami gets- Cheis Bosh.

sounds fare to me.

All GMs- keep your filthy eyes away from Bosh!

Don't mind me. I should be sleepin' in such hours.

·
Registered
274 Posts
BBB said:
Considering our current status, teams would be looking to rip us off. There definitely won't be a fair deal or the 'right deal', so, no would be my answer.

i don't think the raps are in that position though, we're definatly not desperate trying to unload superstars or mega contracts (with exception to rose, who still has value to this team)....it's not like we had the expectations of being a playoff team, but as many raptor fans such as myself we would always remain optimistic...

but the raptor brass is expecting a learning season and are not desperate for wins...

the key date for the raptor brass is 2007 where they expect to be big players in the NBA, and all of these 'dismal' years will be long behind us...but as stated before, with any luck we could start seeing some competative ball from this team very soon...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Divine Spammer said:
I have a brilliant trade idea!

We send Chris Bosh to Miami, and get Antione Walker in return.
Toronto gets- cancer with a ridiculuos contract.
Miami gets- Cheis Bosh.

sounds fare to me.

All GMs- keep your filthy eyes away from Bosh!

Don't mind me. I should be sleepin' in such hours.

hahaha, i got one better, send bosh to miami for Alonzo, and when we get Alzono we can buy him out so he could go back to Miami...hahahaha

as you stated, GM's beware, this Raptor is staying put...

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
speedythief said:
Vultures.

We ain't dead yet, *****.
LOL @ Speedy :biggrin:

And for those commenting on a Bosh/Garnett trade - there is no way that you can compare Bosh to Garnett at all. Although I am a Bosh fan, he is not a player that you can count on night in and night out to lead a team.

Before Bosh can come into the "superstar" group of players he has to do two things: be consistant with his numbers (which means getting used to the double teams) and become a more vocal leader on the Raptors.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Slasher said:
The Globe and Mail has an interesting article about plenty of teams calling the Raptors about their players. The interesting part is that the article mentiones as Chris Bosh being one of the players that teams are asking about:

If the right deal came along would you be willing to see Bosh go?

Read more here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ry/LAC/20051111/RAPTORS11/TPSports/Basketball
Unlikely but not impossible - perhaps slightle more possible as the loosing continues.... But the deal would have to be a combination of
- salary relief
- draft pick(s)
- and a good player

for a player like bosh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts