Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ghiman did the unthinkable, and got me to post again...

A couple of things I'd like to say before I crawl back in my hole...

I've been a Laker fan for 38 years, and last season was the longest, most tortured season I've ever experienced. The only Laker I really enjoyed last year was Karl Malone, and if I ever thought I'd be saying that 10 years ago, I probably would seek deep psychological counseling.

I was so worn out with the a-holes fighting with each other, and all of the freakin' drama, and the ever-disappointing end, and even after the season all of Shaq's bull****, that I built this avatar for the a-hole.

I knew this team would be unwatchable, and basically I haven't been watching practically any basketball at all. Once in a while I'll sneak a peek at the end of a game, but I can't really get into it anymore. All I really nope for is Miami to get dusted by San Antonio...and having to root for a rival to kick Shaq's *** is depressing.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. Back to the hole in the ground.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
I definately feel your pain! :cry: All the drama before the start of the season, now as the season is almost over, we as Laker fans have to sit down and deal with the torture, day in and day out, of seing our team lose or barely win against subpar teams. Hopefully, during the summer, Mitch could make a couple of smart moves and get this team reved up for the next season.

Right now we just have to play each team like it is the last game of the season and hopefully we can clinch that last playoff spot. :gopray:

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
ghiman said:
I definately feel your pain! :cry: All the drama before the start of the season, now as the season is almost over, we as Laker fans have to sit down and deal with the torture, day in and day out, of seing our team lose or barely win against subpar teams. Hopefully, during the summer, Mitch could make a couple of smart moves and get this team reved up for the next season.

Right now we just have to play each team like it is the last game of the season and hopefully we can clinch that last playoff spot. :gopray:
True.
Sadly true.

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
I don't care how bad we play. I am just glad Ron is back. :D

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Great post, Ron! It's nice to see you around, as it reminds me of when I just started posting on this website and new next to nothing about basketball. I wasn't even 14 years old yet. ;)

And don't feel alone, my friend. We all feel like we've been treated like dirty by Mitch Kupcake, and have all had to witness a dynasty fall much earlier then it actually should have. Shaq has proven that we didn't let go of him because he's aging, simply because him and Kobe couldn't get along, and for some reason we didn't keep PJ around. I guarantee you, these two men didn't hate each other enough to stop winning ball games. Our management just wasn't demanding enough, and now we're paying for it. At this point, all we can do is wait and see what happens this season and hope for some great moves in the off-season.

I'm proud to be a Laker fan, which is why I'd rather go into it the 8th seed. I may be blind, but I believe in this team and have too much pride to just give up and want us to tank. Now, I ask of all of you to keep watching and keeping your heads up. We're known to be gritty fans that refuse to lose. It shouldn't change now, or ever.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Well Ron nice to hear from you man we've tossed it around here for a while so I can feel your agony.

I've been a Lakers fan for Just shy of 29 years. And last season was very frustrating just because you could see the train wreck coming for about 5 moht's ahead of time.

I was very frustrated until BrianCook made a post about what type of team the Lakers really are. I knew they wouldn't be a great team but it took awhile to come off of the Contenders mindset. It set in at that point that we were just an average team.

Hopes were high in my mind when thinking we would have malone and Divac in the post with Rudy coaching and grant and Butler coming off the bench with Marcus Banks providing the defense.

But it all went bad one by one it unraveled.

And we're left with Mihm at center and odom at pf and someone named Tierre Brown at back up pg.

If we had what we thought we were gonna have on the team we maybe had a shot to be a good team.

But frustration is all's that left. Only one team is gonna have glory anyway.

But we're not just losing but being made fun of I guess our arrogance as Lakers fans over the years is coming back to bite us. But hey it was fun while it lasted.

We used to crack Kings fans not we wish we were as good.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
jazzy1 said:
But frustration is all's that left. Only one team is gonna have glory anyway.

But we're not just losing but being made fun of I guess our arrogance as Lakers fans over the years is coming back to bite us. But hey it was fun while it lasted.

We used to crack Kings fans not we wish we were as good.
Now, jazzy1, i though you'd be the last guy to say something like that.

So we stink this season. It's hard to take, considering the last 6-7 years, but the Lakers have had tougher times before.

I, too, feel a little betrayed by the organization and the way they blew up the championship-contending team without having much to show for.

Still, there is hope.

I can stand 2-3 years of mediocrity. I've did it before, after Magic retired. We all did it, i'm sure.

We will rise again. It's only a matter of time. LA is still the greatest franchise in basketball, and it's not as if the Lakers don't have the chance to rebuild around one of the greatest current players.

About the "arrogance". That's BS. Laker fans are cocky. We earned the right to be, after dominating the West in the last years and delivering a threapeat that made Celtic and Bulls fans cringe in agony. Winning franchises will do that to their fans.

It will tear my heart out not making the playoffs. It surely will. And i know we are the laughingstock of the NBA. But the Lakers will overcome it. They always do.

From Mikan to Elgin and West, Wilt to Kareem to Magic, Worthy, Shaq and Kobe.

Heck, i'm already anxious to see the roster for the 2005-06 season! :biggrin:

LAKER PRIDE!

PS- the Kings still suck! :biggrin:

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
just imagine how Boston fans feel after a being one of the best franchise in the NBA.

Has won more rings than any other team.

You cant dominate the league forever. Maybe next season Lakers get Dalembert or Tyson Chandler and a PG in the draft to complete their roster.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Ron said:
ghiman did the unthinkable, and got me to post again...

A couple of things I'd like to say before I crawl back in my hole...

I've been a Laker fan for 38 years, and last season was the longest, most tortured season I've ever experienced. The only Laker I really enjoyed last year was Karl Malone, and if I ever thought I'd be saying that 10 years ago, I probably would seek deep psychological counseling.

I was so worn out with the a-holes fighting with each other, and all of the freakin' drama, and the ever-disappointing end, and even after the season all of Shaq's bull****, that I built this avatar for the a-hole.

I knew this team would be unwatchable, and basically I haven't been watching practically any basketball at all. Once in a while I'll sneak a peek at the end of a game, but I can't really get into it anymore. All I really nope for is Miami to get dusted by San Antonio...and having to root for a rival to kick Shaq's *** is depressing.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. Back to the hole in the ground.
1) Dont watch it
2) Just leave the site, because I know how frustarted you could be by seeing the way Lakers played!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I personally have loved watching the Lakers this year. Congrats on being the man Kobe!

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
RG said:
I personally have loved watching the Lakers this year. Congrats on being the man Kobe!
Hey, if my other alternative was to watch the Blazers, I'd be tuning in to every Laker game as well. Keep watching buddy. :greatjob:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Actually, I do both (but you probably knew that huh?) 2 things I knew before the season were that the Blazers (nice deflection by the way) would be bad for trying to clean up their image problem, and that the Lakers would be bad for building around their image problem. Maybe Kate shouldn't be the only one who feels they were raped?

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
RG said:
Actually, I do both (but you probably knew that huh?) 2 things I knew before the season were that the Blazers (nice deflection by the way) would be bad for trying to clean up their image problem, and that the Lakers would be bad for building around their image problem. Maybe Kate shouldn't be the only one who feels they were raped?
Meh, as long as we're not the Blazers.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There lies our difference. I admit Ruben is a p.o.s. for his actions.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
RG said:
There lies our difference. I admit Ruben is a p.o.s. for his actions.
Ruben also entered a modified guilty plea to his attempted rape charge. Kobe never entered a guilty plea and a verdict never came to fruition. In fact, the alleged victim decided to drop the case to pursue a civil case. That is where it ended, with both parties reaching an out of court settlement. Based on that, I can't really form an opinion on Kobe as an alleged rapist. The evidence that supposedly existed did not really favor either party. Maybe he raped her or maybe they just had rough, consentual sex. I don't think anyone knows. Therefore, I can't bring myself to call the guys a rapist. However, I will admit that he is a piece of **** for having an affair. He just had a child with his beautiful wife months before this incident. That's selfish and cowardly on his part.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts