Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one Tourney that was missed from TM's threads, teh Graudian's Classic here in the Kansas City Area. http://www.gazellegroup.com/guardians/

The Past week November 12-16 they were at the campus sites.

Here are the results of that week

University of Iowa - Carver-Hawkeye Arena - Iowa City, Iowa
November 14th
Colgate 55, Utah Valley State 42
#20 Iowa 86, Maryland-Eastern Shore
November 15th
Regional Consolation
Maryland-Eastern Shore 75, Utah Valley State 72 (OT)
Regional Championship
#20 Iowa 73, Colgate 51

Winner Iowa

University of Kentucky - Rupp Arena - Lexington, Ky.
November 13th
#10 Kentucky 71, South Dakota State 54 recap | box
Lipscomb 72, Northern Colorado 60 recap | box
November 14th
Regional Consolation
South Dakota State 61, Northern Colorado 59 recap | box
Regional Championship
#10 Kentucky 67, Lipscomb 49 recap | box

Winner Kentucky

University of Texas - Erwin Center - Austin, Texas
November 15th
Samford 52, Sacramento State 49 recap | box
#3 Texas 89, Southern 56 recap | box
November 16th – 5:30 p.m.
Regional Consolation
Sacramento State 67, Southern 64 (OT) recap | box
Regional Championship
#3 Texas 77, Samford 33 recap | box

Winner Texas

West Virginia University - WVU Coliseum - Morgantown, W.Va.
November 12th
Wofford 73, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 recap | box
#15 West Virginia 88, Louisiana Monroe 69 recap | box
November 13th
Regional Consolation
Fairleigh Dickinson 74, Louisiana Monroe 58 recap | box
Regional Championship
#15 West Virginia 61, Wofford 41 recap | box

Winner West Virginia

Then that brings a very intriguing Final Four Iowa vs Kentucky Texas vs West Virginia

I see it be UT over UK in the Final Championship

This is set to be the best Guardian's Classis in its short history.

Past Champions
2001-Missouri
2002-Creighton
2003-South Carolina
2004-Creighton

Historiclaly in the short history, it has been mostly small schools to compete, but this year they are brining in the big dogs not since 2001. It was hard to get teams the past three seasons due to the court order of number Tourney to play in pre-season play, and with that over, More rank teams are in. They are playing in the historic Muncipal Auditorm in Kansas CIty, MO, which holds the record of the most NCAA Final Fours. It will be held there or Kemper until 2007, when the new SPrint Center and the new NABC College basketball hall of fame will be next to the Sprint Center.

NABC is the main sponser www.nabc.org of the tourney. If you not heard they are spending up 10-20 million dollars to build a Specific only Collge basketball Hall of Fame in Kansas CIty, next to the Sprint Center. This is where many college basketball players who are not in the Naismith Basketball HOF, who will be part of COllege history. There are rumors along with this tournment every year which will have teh induction along with it.

so who win this one? Better make it quick, games start for final four on Monday and Tuesday I will be there Tuesday.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
bunch of idiots... can hit 20+ footers with hands in their faces but can't hit FT's. That was a choke job.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Nice foul ya cheaters... rule of verticality my foot. you can't body him. i hate texas

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
that was a great game. too bad had to end that way with controversy. Even though it coulda been a foul, yeah they had their chance to win with FTs.

Gibson played really well.

I still have Texas as the best team in the nation.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that uT wv game was good.

I will be going to the games on Tuesday. I will misspart of game one b/c of work constraints, but will see half of game one wva vs UK which should be a game and rematch of last years Maui classic game Iowa vs Texas.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
WVU won that game but gave it away thanks to "Chokesnogle" and "Chokebear", but this game gives me the right to say one thing to all of the naysayers who are saying WVU is overrated (please show some maturity)

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
mike said:
WVU won that game but gave it away thanks to "Chokesnogle" and "Chokebear", but this game gives me the right to say one thing to all of the naysayers who are saying WVU is overrated (please show some maturity)
right now west virginia is 2-2 and has lost their games to the only good teams they have played. you should probably wait until they do something better than choke away a game before you say anything at all to the naysayers.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
rocketeer said:
right now west virginia is 2-2 and has lost their games to the only good teams they have played. you should probably wait until they do something better than choke away a game before you say anything at all to the naysayers.
Funny you wait till after the Kentucky game to make your little comments. I must admit losing to the 2nd ranked and 7th ranked team in the nation is so demeaning. Wow that must make WVU the worst team in the nation. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
rocketeer said:
can't blame the refs. if west virginia just makes so free throws, they have nothing to worry about.
[strile]Man I actually got a little angered at "Rocketeer" on his last post, but after reading this I realize he is a bonafide hater and most likely a fan of Creighton, Texas Tech, or Wake Forest. Keep on hating but next time do it properly and I quote "if west virginia just makes so free throws" were you meaning to say "if west virginia just makes some free throws"?[/strike]please no insulting or baiting other users on the site. We do not condone that on our site. Please refer to PM/ thanks---kansasalumn

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Does anyone know what the name of the offense WVU was running last night against Texas' zone. Part of the time, it looked like some sort of 5-out / Princeton modification. I'm coaching a high school team and the majority of the opponents run a 2-3. WVU was consistently pulling guys away from the basket, freeing up that middle.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,849 Posts
TM said:
Does anyone know what the name of the offense WVU was running last night against Texas' zone. Part of the time, it looked like some sort of 5-out / Princeton modification. I'm coaching a high school team and the majority of the opponents run a 2-3. WVU was consistently pulling guys away from the basket, freeing up that middle.
i dont know what the offense was, but the part of the game i got to watch, texas was running a lot of man which is what openned the lane so much. i could be wrong though.

this was a great tournament, really competitive games. iowa really impressed me in the first half tonight. i missed a lot of the second half because of my sister, but from what i saw, they did well. damn, im excited about texas right now, what a great time to be a texas sports fan. they really gotta stop with the football analogies though.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
You know you suck at point guard when Kenton Paulino takes over for you and and it is like night and day as far as your team's offense. Daniel Gibson, I am talking to you...

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Pimped Out said:
i dont know what the offense was, but the part of the game i got to watch, texas was running a lot of man which is what openned the lane so much. i could be wrong though.
I didn't see the first 5minutes, so I don't know what they started out in, but they were playing zone for several minutes of the first half. The reason they switched to man is that WVU was making them look like a JV basketball squad, so they switched. I still would like to know what that thing was called.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Jonathan Watters said:
You know you suck at point guard when Kenton Paulino takes over for you and and it is like night and day as far as your team's offense. Daniel Gibson, I am talking to you...
Just got my SI College Preview. A quote from the Texas preview...

Daniel Gibson doesn't have a weakness. I think he's better than TJ Ford - anonymous opposing coach

1 - 20 of 20 Posts