Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Gordon's contract runs a year longer. Hopefully that pick is well protected.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
So add one real ball player to the Bobcats.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
So bringing in a guy like Gordon who is a better version of one of your only young talents (Kemba) helps the young guy develop how?

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Better contract, better player, and a 1st to boot. Good deal for the Cats.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
David Aldridge: "Protection on '13 first-rounder from Detroit to Charlotte: thru Lottery in '13, top 8 in '14, first pick in '15, then unprotected in '16." Twitter

That's actually pretty good for the Bobcats. Skips from top 8 all the way to first-pick in 1 year. Big jump.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Guess the cats won't draft beal
I don't think this trade stops them from moving back to 4 so that the Cavs can take Beal.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
So bringing in a guy like Gordon who is a better version of one of your only young talents (Kemba) helps the young guy develop how?
As I said in the thread where you asked how to "fix" this franchise, the Bobcats have fallen into the rut that exemplify bad teams. Why would a team that already has two small shooting guard types with low shooting percentages and questionable shot selection take a third small shooting guard types with low shooting percentages and questionable shot selection?

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
At least Charlotte has someone who can score. However, they continue their ways of taking on bad contracts...
They aren't in a position to call any contract bad. They'll be so far under the cap it won't matter.

This is a good sign that they won't sell their pick just to dump Thomas.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
As I said in the hread where you asked how to "fix" this franchise, the Bobcats have fallen into the rut that exemplify bad teams. Why would a team that already has two small shooting guard types with low shooting percentages and questionable shot selection take a third small shooting guard types with low shooting percentages and questionable shot selection?
And they just keep piling on. I see this move stunting Kemba's growth.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Yeah I don't like this. Kemba and Gordon remind me of the same person...in one universe he decided to work on nothing but passing for a year and in the other he decided to work on nothing but scoring for a year...I mean all the way down to the UCONN champion lineage.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts