Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boston trades: Kenjon Traylor, 2077 first round pick (15-30 protected through 2080)
Boston receives: Brian Breye, Earl Johnson

Los Angeles trades: Brian Breye, Earl Johnson
Los Angeles receives: Kenjon Traylor, 2077 first round pick (15-30 protected through 2080)

Deal is official.

Celtics waive Alex Randle

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Just to explain the thought process here, I was going to be forced to cut Kenjon after the season to avoid having another year over the hard cap(also he's just not worth the contract). So essentially to me this was Breye for a potential lotto pick which seems fair to me. Sure it's far out but now I have a couple younger swingmen in Squire and Breye to surround Warrick and Hendo. If I manage to treadmill through 81, then Kenneth gets a non lotto first. But even if I do give up a lotto pick, Breye is only 25 and a former #3 overall so with the possibility of the draft pick being a bad draft and it being 10-13 I don't think I'm getting off too bad here.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
It is funny to me how people worry so much about far away picks. If you aren't planning to rebuild, who cares? He got a guy he liked, so be it. And if he gives no.1 overall some day, oh well.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Yeah, but I bet it's not any time soon. Secrest just flipped 2/5 of his old was team into guys in their prime. If I'm him, I take it all the way, take 80 cents on the dollar for Hendo and Warrick, and boom, he's fairly reset. Doesn't change the Pytor loss, but again, time to move forward.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
There was this guy that always said trading protected picks was bullshit and should not be allowed. I can't remember his name though. seacrate? secret? secretariat?

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
In terms of value I actually like this more for the Celtics, I'm not sure about the fit though.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Left the part where I think I needed more offense in my lineup. That's why I made the D.C. Change to start Nance over Sandhu. Too much of a scoring load on Hendo and Squire. Breye should help a lot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts