Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleveland trades: LeBron James, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Leon Powe
Cleveland receives: O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet, 2010 first round pick, 2011 first round pick (top 3 protected)

Memphis trades: O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet, 2010 first round pick, 2011 first round pick (top 3 protected)
Memphis receives: LeBron James, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Leon Powe

Deal is official.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
A doozy.

But Memphis ****s on Keaf for gutting his team on a prayer...does he not realize LeBron is a free agent?

·
Star in the Making
4,780 Posts
I know its LeBron, but thats still way too much for 1 player.
OJ and Rudy can be all stars in their own rights, and you add a potential DPoY candidate? Too much.

Oh and LBJ might even bolt, then you are stuck with nothing in the present and nothing for the future.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
I think it's a no-brainer for Memphis. If you can get Lebron, you do it. He also still has advantage of offering a lot more (and possibly get an extension done beforehand).

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Lol...I'll take my chances building a winner with LeBron. Fortunately, this is a SIM so I actually have an advantage in resigning him. Remember, Rudy/Mayo were the core of a 24 win team in this SIM. I got the MVP for them.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I like Mayo and Gay but LeBron is the MVP. I'm not sure Thabeet is gonna do much and the 1st round picks aren't gonna be that great if LeBron is on the Grizzlies. So good trade for Memphis.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
If Memphis retains LeBron, this is probably the best trade made yet. If they lose him, it's by far the most lopsided trade possible.

Great move by both teams for this season (following the logic of the Cavs, that they had no intention of involving LeBron in their long term plans).

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
This deal was one the table a few days ago, but owner and international man of mystery R-Star tried to hold out for Mayo, Gay and Gasol.

It was by far the best deal on the table. The Cavaliers GM has been given a raise for meeting his owners expectations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts