Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If people think Chandler is going to be so great, let's trade him.

The kid does nothign for me. I don't think he's going to be great, and we have Lonny Baxter and Fizer. Baxter is better than Chandler ever will be -- what a bust that kid is.

For Williams or Crawford and Chandler, we'd be able to bring in a marqee name to go with:

Crawford or Williams (which ever one stays)
Hassell/Mason Jr.
Rose/Marshall/Fizer
Marshall/Fizer/Baxter
Curry

I say bring in big time center, PF or a 2G and a back-up PG. And this team is championship calibre.

Alternatively, keep Chandler for a year and get a shot at Lebron James.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Baxter is better than Chandler ever will be -- what a bust that kid is.
Are you serious? If this is a joke thread and I missed the sarcasm I'm sorry, but this may be the most uninformed statement I've ever seen posted anywhere. Chandler is 19 (maybe 20- I'm not sure), is already the team's best interior defender and shot-blocker, and averaged about 10 and 10 towards the end of his rookie year. He's the most athletic player his size since Wilt Chamberlain, and pretty much every basketball expert has projected him as being at the very least a defensive force unlike any other the game has seen since Russell. Theres no way in hell Baxter is better than he'll ever be. Once again, if you were joking I'm sorry.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Originally posted by <b>pjc845</b>!

The kid does nothign for me. I don't think he's going to be great, and we have Lonny Baxter and Fizer. Baxter is better than Chandler ever will be -- what a bust that kid is.

For Williams or Crawford and Chandler, we'd be able to bring in a marqee name to go with:

Hassell/Mason Jr.
Rose/Marshall/Fizer
Marshall/Fizer/Baxter
Curry

I say bring in big time center, PF or a 2G and a back-up PG. And this team is championship calibre.

This is one of the most moronic things I ever read.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
No thanks.

Taking a shot at james i is too much of a risk. What if we do not get him, how would we rebound from that? We wouldn't

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Louie</b>!

Are you serious? If this is a joke thread and I missed the sarcasm I'm sorry, but this may be the most uninformed statement I've ever seen posted anywhere. Chandler is 19 (maybe 20- I'm not sure), is already the team's best interior defender and shot-blocker, and averaged about 10 and 10 towards the end of his rookie year. He's the most athletic player his size since Wilt Chamberlain, and pretty much every basketball expert has projected him as being at the very least a defensive force unlike any other the game has seen since Russell. Theres no way in hell Baxter is better than he'll ever be. Once again, if you were joking I'm sorry.
No offense intended, but they said the same things about Ralph Sampson.

Regards. :wave:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

Hassell/Mason Jr.
Rose/Marshall/Fizer
Marshall/Fizer/Baxter
Curry

Hey PJ! A lot of people would disagree with you but i would not. But we have to get a supeeeerrr player in return. Seriously, no one knows how good Chandler is going to be or not going to be. The guy has no offensive game and no way will be close to KG. So if we were able to get an all-star power forward or SG or SF in return, we should go for it.

Call up the Sixers, ask for Iverson. Call up the Pacers, ask for O'Neal. Call the Blazers, ask for Wallace.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Williams and Lebron are both points as well.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBullz</b>!

No offense intended, but they said the same things about Ralph Sampson.

Regards. :wave:
Of course they did, and they were right. Ralph Sampson was one of the best players ever (until he get injured). He didn't won the Naismith college POY thrice for nothing.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Seriously, no one knows how good Chandler is going to be or not going to be. The guy has no offensive game and no way will be close to KG. So if we were able to get an all-star power forward or SG or SF in return, we should go for it.
I don't expect him to resemble Kg- he's a different type of player. Even if he never developes an offensive arsenal, he'll be like a Dikembe Mutubo with unbelievable quickness and athleticism for a guy 7'2. He's not an SF like KG- he's a pf or a skinny center. His strength is defense, but he has shown signs of becoming a good shooter and passer. I think we'd reallr screw ourselves over if we traded him for a sg or sf- those type of players are a dime a dozen in the L , and will never be game changing defensive forces like Chandler can be.

Call up the Sixers, ask for Iverson. Call up the Pacers, ask for O'Neal. Call the Blazers, ask for Wallace.
I can't believe I'm hearing this. If you're talking about Williams and Chandler for one of these players, then any one of these moves would probably destroy the franchises title hopes. Iverson, if he could settle down and be a team player, might help us, but then again he might act like he does now with Philly, and either way he's not worth both Williams and Chandler. O'Neal? Wallace? I wouldn't trade Chandler straight up for either one of them, much less Chandler and Williams. Wallace is T waiting to happen everytime he steps on the floor, and by trading for Jermaine O'Neal we'd be sacrifing defense for offense, which is exactly the opposite of what this team needs.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Man...I've got to defend Chandler. Just because Baxter puts up 28 points in one game, he's automatically better than Chandler? And you say "we have Baxter AND Fizer. I cannot stop laughing at that one. :laugh: :laugh: You've got to explain to me how Chandler busted. I guess getting over 10 ppg and at least 6 rpg in the preseason, not to mention a few blocks, is bad? Give him a break, man. You expect all these High Schoolers to make a superstar impact in only there second year? *Sigh*...

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts

Hassell/Mason Jr.
Rose/Marshall/Fizer
Marshall/Fizer/Baxter
Curry

Bust? Bust? ok, kid, get your facts right before posting.:starwars: :rocket:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I can't believe I'm hearing this. If you're talking about Williams and Chandler for one of these players, then any one of these moves would probably destroy the franchises title hopes. Iverson, if he could settle down and be a team player, might help us, but then again he might act like he does now with Philly, and either way he's not worth both Williams and Chandler. O'Neal? Wallace? I wouldn't trade Chandler straight up for either one of them, much less Chandler and Williams. Wallace is T waiting to happen everytime he steps on the floor, and by trading for Jermaine O'Neal we'd be sacrifing defense for offense, which is exactly the opposite of what this team needs.
Are you kidding me? No team would trade AI, Wallace or O'neal for Chandler. Thats just a joke. Chandler COULD be an allstar. While the players listed already are. Getting any of those 3 would put you in the playoffs. I know your a Bulls fan but get real and come back down to earth. As much as you want to hype Chandler, hes only as good as his stats say he is, which is nowhere near the players who were listed. May he one day be as good or better? Yes, but thats a MAYBE, and it wont happen any time soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Louie</b>!

His strength is defense, but he has shown signs of becoming a good shooter and passer.QUOTE]

thats exactly like i feel. and did anyone notice last year how good of a passer chandler can be?

i rememer numerous occasions last season where chandler would catch a lob from rose or someone and make a perfect no look pass to curry for a dunk or layin.

maybe im wrong on this one, but for a 19 y/o to be doing that as well as he did, that means something. and pure good passing, i dont think that can be taught.

so for everyone that wants to trade Ty-C, why dont we just hold onto him for a few more years and let him show us what he can do.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Are you kidding me? No team would trade AI, Wallace or O'neal for Chandler. Thats just a joke. Chandler COULD be an allstar. While the players listed already are. Getting any of those 3 would put you in the playoffs. I know your a Bulls fan but get real and come back down to earth. As much as you want to hype Chandler, hes only as good as his stats say he is, which is nowhere near the players who were listed. May he one day be as good or better? Yes, but thats a MAYBE, and it wont happen any time soon.
The trade proposed was Chandler AND WILLIAMS for any of these guys. Get it straight next time before making a statement like that. And based on upside alone, I still say that i wouldn't trade Chandler straight up for Wallace or O'Neal- I think that either of those players would be a bad fit for this team, and wouldn't help them as much as Chandler would down the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts