Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mavs have expressed interest in Curry, and Crawford would give them a possilbe replacement for Nash when he likely leaves in free agency. Crawford's defense won't be a problem in Dallas, cause they don't play D. We get rid of ERob's contract and get the Superstar we need. Dirk can play SF for us. We would probably have to add a future unprotected first to pry Dirk from Dallas, but he's worth it.

Chicago trades:
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.9 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (12.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.8 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.7 minutes)
Chicago receives:
PF Dirk Nowitzki (20.1 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 apg in 37.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook:
-14.9 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and -5.1 apg.

Dallas trades:
PF Dirk Nowitzki (20.1 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 apg in 37.6 minutes)
Dallas receives:
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34 games)
C Eddy Curry (12.9 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 29 games)
SF Eddie Robinson (5.2 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 30 games)
Change in team outlook: +14.9 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +5.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Dallas being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Dallas had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1403244

New Starting Lineup:
PG- Hinrich
SG- Pippen?
SF- Dirk
PF- Tyson
C- Davis

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Unless Dirk suffers a career ending neck injury, there is no way that trade happens.

Dirk is the future for Dallas. He's amazing. AMAZING. He would only get traded for another superstar.

Not for two unproven twenty-somethings.

Here's what I don't get. If some of you really think Jamal and Eddy are good enough to aquire us superstars back in return, then why are you so down on them as players?

I like Crawford. He's my favorite Bull and one of my favorite players in the league. But I know he's not worth T-Mac or Paul Pierce or Allen Iverson or Kobe Bryant and on down the line. Maybe one day he can be. But right now he's simply not that good on anything close to a consistent basis.

Knowing this I can sit back and enjoy watching him grow as a player.

I think the "crawford-haters" and "eddy-haters" have the problem that their expectations are far too high for these guys. You actually do think that they can be superstars right now and that they just don't want to be.

Right now Crawford's trade value is probably somewhere between Tony Parker and Darius Miles. Meaning you could probably get a non-lottery pick and a role player back for him. Or one good veteran with "problems". Eddy Curry and Crawford together could net you something in the ballpark of an Eddie Jones type talent.

That's where I see the market right now.
Which is why Paxson has to decide whether he wants to pay Jamal or let him walk. Because he can trade him right now for something, even if it is close to nothing, or he can let him walk...or he can pay him even though it's hard to see Jamal ever really excelling in Chicago. There would have to be a change in the organization's approach towards Jamal.

I think Jamal will be gone by the deadline. And it will be for a lot less than a lot of folks around here seem to think he can bring back.

Eddy WILL NOT be traded. He can play like **** till the cows come home, he is basically guaranteed of being employed in this league until he is at least 28. Center's always get second chances. Size matters.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It would be a huge setback for Dallas. Dirk is the only untouchable for Cuban, I believe.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Wow. I hope you Bulls fans don't realistically expect to acquire guys like Tracy McGrady, Dirk Nowitzki, Rashard Lewis, etc.

I think the Bulls will be all right. I know Bulls fans don't want to wait anymore, but their time will come, AGAIN.

Afterall, you guys dominated the league for a decade. It's the rest of the league's turn. ;)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
Wow. I hope you Bulls fans don't realistically expect to acquire guys like Tracy McGrady, Dirk Nowitzki, Rashard Lewis, etc.

I think the Bulls will be all right. I know Bulls fans don't want to wait anymore, but their time will come, AGAIN.

Afterall, you guys dominated the league for a decade. It's the rest of the league's turn. ;)

·
Banned
900 Posts
and what that supposs to mean?keep loosing for the next 10 years?6 years are enough for ateam like chicago:upset:

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
The Dirk trade wouldnt make the Bulls win championships though....a Duncan or KG trade would but not this 1 Peja is more realistic.....for a person we could get

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
and what that supposs to mean?keep loosing for the next 10 years?6 years are enough for ateam like chicago
It was only a joke. I know that no fans, especially Chicago's fans, will accept losing or mediocrity. You shouldn't have to accept it, and you aren't expected to accept it.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Crawford and Curry for Dirk?!?!? Dream on, not a chance in hell Cuban would do anything like that. There's no way the Bulls could get Nowitzki, no way at all.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Curry is not going anywhere. His value is too low now to bring anything back good. All Curry needs is time. He needs to learn Skiles' system. I expect him to be in the same form as of last year's 30 games soon -- probably after the allstar game.

As far as JC, he probably will be gone soon if Pax can send out ERob along and bring back someone productive.

Personally, I would only trade both of Curry and JC if and only if we can bring back someone like Dirk.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheWindyCityBallers</b>!
The Mavs have expressed interest in Curry, and Crawford would give them a possilbe replacement for Nash when he likely leaves in free agency.
Nash is leaving? Hmm, if their owner is willing to over pay Bradley, Fortson and the rest of their bench, you'd think they would be willing to give Nash the max? Where is he exactly going?

-Petey

·
Banned
780 Posts
does anyone think the AD,and a pick or 2 for Jamison could work?

and do we have anything that could land either jamison or Shareef Abdur-Rahim?

Chicago trades:
SG Jamal Crawford
SF Eddie Robinson
PF Marcus Fizer

Chicago receives:
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts