Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jump in basketball fans....

There is no doubt that trade talk has been swirling around the Blazers...

What do you guys think the Blazers should do ? They have some expiring contracts with Andre Miller, and Joel Przybilla. A few guys like Camby with on year remaining....

The Blazers also have a couple first round draft picks....

Personally I like the way the team is constructed right now, it's a fun show to watch every night, but that being said this team isn't going to contend for a championship. And ultimately, that's what I want for the Blazers. Being the 6th,7th,8th seed in the playoffs to routinely get knocked out in the first round by the number one or two seed, just isn't all that wonderful once you've done it a few times. Which the Blazers have....

I believe the Blazers need to get younger at the PG position, and the Blazers need another good young 4/5 player to compliment LA.

So that would put Camby, and Miller up on the trade block....

Also I believe the Blazers should use one of their first round draft picks if the player they're trying to get is going to make a substantial contribution to the team....

A few guys the Blazers should look at....

JR Smith from the Denver Nuggets, I believe he would be a nice piece of coming off the bench for the Blazers. He can light it up, and has the ability to space the floor. Things seem to be coming unglued in Denver, and I believe the Blazers could get him.

Another player the Blazers should look at is Anthony Randolph of the Knicks. He's essentially just wasting away on the bench in New York playing behind Amare. He's young with a lot of potential, he's kind of a poor mans LA....

Only three guys that the Blazers don't trade IMO are Batum, Wesley Mattews, and LaMarcus Aldridge. Everyone else is free game....

Add your thoughts and opinions on what the Blazers should do....

Maybe your not of the mindset the Blazers should change the current team, and ride this team out and see where things shake out at the end of the season....

Interested to know what everyone else thinks about this...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts