Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Krause had lunch with Fizer last week (or maybe the week before).

If you suppose that having lunch is some kind of commitment.

Fizer came away saying that Krause told him he'd be making a lot of money in the NBA.

And, pretty amazing isn't it, how actual performance can make people see you in a different light.

LOL

Originally posted by <b>DaBullz</b>!
Krause had lunch with Fizer last week (or maybe the week before).

If you suppose that having lunch is some kind of commitment.

Fizer came away saying that Krause told him he'd be making a lot of money in the NBA.

And, pretty amazing isn't it, how actual performance can make people see you in a different light.

LOL
That was around more than a month or so ago when Krause was trying to get Marcus back on board and as I recall it wasn't a lunch

I mean if they were concerned about Marcus's weight I am sure that both of these well proportioned men went out and ordered perriers and lettuce leaves

;)

Anyway it is expected Jerry Krause will spend personal time with all his players as he has done on occasions this year with Jamal and ERob when they have spat the dummy

But Papa Reinsdorf is a different kettle of fish

General Custer didn't dine with the Indians either y'know? - and before I get lambasted for this comment by some perceived insensitivity - hey I am just quoting John Stockton who coined it at the 92 Olyimpics when explaining the dream team's status and why they didn't stay with the common folk in the Olympic Village and why they needed their own lodgings

If you make it to Papa Reisndorf's box at the Sox or if you are tripping the light fantastic with him over some chow then clearly you are on a higher strata in the Bulls universe of stars

I don't think Jamdrop has been inside a Sox box or enjoyed a pow wow over some chow with Papa Reinsdorf..... unless I am mistaken....

Originally posted by <b>F.Jerzy</b>!

That was around more than a month or so ago when Krause was trying to get Marcus back on board and as I recall it wasn't a lunch

I mean if they were concerned about Marcus's weight I am sure that both of these well proportioned men went out and ordered perriers and lettuce leaves

;)

Anyway it is expected Jerry Krause will spend personal time with all his players as he has done on occasions this year with Jamal and ERob when they have spat the dummy

But Papa Reinsdorf is a different kettle of fish

General Custer didn't dine with the Indians either y'know? - and before I get lambasted for this comment by some perceived insensitivity - hey I am just quoting John Stockton who coined it at the 92 Olyimpics when explaining the dream team's status and why they didn't stay with the common folk in the Olympic Village and why they needed their own lodgings

If you make it to Papa Reisndorf's box at the Sox or if you are tripping the light fantastic with him over some chow then clearly you are on a higher strata in the Bulls universe of stars

I don't think Jamdrop has been inside a Sox box or enjoyed a pow wow over some chow with Papa Reinsdorf..... unless I am mistaken....
It might be that it simply didn't get any press. Who knows... I wish our beat reporters could get us a little more info on the dynamics between management and players. Then again, maybe there isn't much there to begin with.

yeah I saw that too

I see Gil ending up in Miami or Denver
I read an article awhile ago that said he would be willing to take less money to remain playing for the Warriors as he wanted to be fairly close to his hometown, which is LA. That being it's hard to believe he'll end up in Miami.

2nd round Gil who was going to be jettisoned by the Waz for Prince Jay who Gil considers himself superior to

$500K a year Gil ?

Gil's going for the quong and those most likely to give it where he will be needed are Denver and Miami

reinsdorf to meet with all his players...

i remember reading an article to this effect not to long ago, found it again in the suntimes. sounds like he met with tyson on friday and eddy on saturday.

"Reinsdorf plans to meet with all of the players eventually. It's good timing on Reinsdorf's part, especially for the young players who become disillusioned by the lack of wins. Reinsdorf has said he won't let the luxury tax stop him from spending enough money to win another title, and he gave that impression to his young players."

http://www.suntimes.com/output/basketball/cst-spt-roman05.html

cheers!

Fair enough

Good find Ro Ro

What would be really cool if you could find his lunch schedule appointments with Rick Brunson, Dalibor etc

Oh and is Jamal's chow pow wow before Feb 20 ?

;)

Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!

agreed. what could we have gotten for brad and artest if we had waited til the draft to trade them? at the time, the two only proved that they can only play a decent half-season.

if marcus keeps up his play throughout the season, his value should be at its highest after a full season of putting up solid numbers. but i personally would rather stand pat even then and hold onto a valueble player like Marcus.
Well, given the fact that Artest was threatening season ending hand surgery at the time, chances are very slim that he would have been much of a tradeable commodity had the deadline passed and had Artest followed through and gone under the knife.

While timing (and patience) is important, the best trades are made when the buyers have a real need. The Lakers demise this season has given hope to many teams that this may be their best chance to steal the crown. If any of those contenders view one of our players as a potentially key ingredient in their quest for a title, they may pay dearly for that opportunity.

An NBA championship is there for the taking. It's also very likely that the luxury tax will be applied at the end of this season. In some regards, that should make for a very active trading period. As a team who won't be vieing for a title anytime soon, the Bulls will need to keep their eyes and ears open for a potential golden opportunity.

That's not the point. Fact is you got to make a commitment and commitments have not been made to everybody .

It's clear that a commitment has been made to Jay - that's what Jamdrop has had himself in a twist about all season

Its clear that a commitment has been made to Tyson - that's why we dealt Elton and why Prince Tyse was lunching with Papa Reisndorf at the Club last week.

That's where the two clear commitments lie in our young core .

One may speculate that there is a commitment made to Eddy Curry as well just by virtue of his size and ultimate capacity to dominate his position

What have the Bulls done in their actions over the last season or so to show a warm fuzzy commitment to Fizz and Jamdrop ?
There has been no comitment to Jay or Ty. If you see starting as a comitment, then so be it... :rolleyes:

Marcus is changing the equation somewhat by compelling people to view him differently through an admirable attitude combined with high performance. For the guy that never was supposed to be a Bull , the irony could be that he is a career Bull and a key part of our front court rotation
The irony about Marcus is that posters have been wanting to give him away for a bag of chips the past 2 years. Yet look where patience gets ya. "Career Bull?" I think that's a pretty clear statement in favor of patience and development for ALL our youngsters.

Anyhow, you don't trade for Eddie Jones unless you thin the backcourt/wings which sends Jamdrop and Efelon + change to Miami for EJ - who has a better capacity as working as a circuit breaker for Jay and Jalen

See : Jalen and Jamal's thinly veiled swipes at Jay in the last 24 hours - Jamal's being more blatant and clumsy . Does he really think he endears himself to the org by openly pizzing on their Golden Boy ? Dumb as dogcrap
You say dumb as dogcrap, I say right on target. The Triangle is slow and stagnent with Will in there, and quick and effective with Jamal in there. I know JWill is the "golden boy"... but the kid needs to start working harder. There is a lot of pressure on him, and prolly unjustly to. I have faith he'll get it eventually, but as of right now, he's not. Giving him 35 minutes a game to learn "on the fly" is going to give us another 1-11 road trip. It's time to start looking into an even platoon or a double-J backcourt...

So can not proceeding in an orderly development and stunting the proper/orderly growth of your young crew that have been clearly preferenced but yet where inappropriate structuring has been allowed to remain - the net result of which gets everyone jacked off and on the first plane out of here when they get the chance.
Wow, you got that all in one sentance. No periods, no commas. Your third grade english teacher would be so proud...

Now repeat after me:
Run on sentences are not good English.

I'm glad you think your psychic, but how you think you know everyone is on the "first plane out" is beyond me. Let em grow together. The minutes are there once the spare parts (hoiberg, trent, bount) are gone. Despite some of your insinuations, Jay & Jamal & Tyson & Curry GET ALONG. Watch a sideline, it's pretty obvious.

Yeah I'm sure if we lose Jamal and ERob to Miami they will be standing between us and a title. Sure thing . Yeah Jamal and ERob have greater probability for success than Jay, Tyson, Eddy and Marcus.
I was refering to the Marcus/ Jamal/ ERob for Eddie Jones deal.

In that case do I think Jay, Trent, Rose, Ty, Eddy is better then Jamal, Butler, ERob, Fizer, Grant/Mourning.... Well, uh... actually.... that might be pretty damn close..

And you say that EJ would be no help when we need him ? Gee I would have thought that in 4 years if we consolidate our young talent that we would not be relying on EJ alone - that those that we appear to have committed to have come through and are more the engine as to whether we win or lose in the playoffs - that it does not hang on EJ . I would also have thought by then that our drafting outcomes would have netted us a pretty decent Desmond Masoneque mid 1st round pick where types like this can always be had - and a guy like this ultimately supplants EJ in the progression plan
What is the POINT of getting a guy like Eddie if by your own admission we won't rely on him once we get to the meat of the playoffs. 4 years down the road EJ will have lost more game then he already has. If EJ will not be there when we need him... why get him at all?

As for drafting, yeah, your right, it's so easy to pick out a player to supplant Eddie Jones with the 18th to 21th pick. Guys like Desmond Mason sliding down happens all the time :rolleyes:

Oh but that's right .. Jamdrop can get us there quicker than EJ can now and Jamdrop will be the difference between us winning and losing once we are there.
No, Jamal will not get us there quicker, I never said that. He and Fizer will however get us farther. And while you may be willing to settle for 3rd place in the East, I'm not. I'd rather win it all.

Uh huh . Got it.
Glad I could help. :D

Originally posted by <b>Jim Ian</b>!

There has been no comitment to Jay or Ty. If you see starting as a comitment, then so be it... :rolleyes:
That's not the way your boy Jamroll sees it

The irony about Marcus is that posters have been wanting to give him away for a bag of chips the past 2 years. Yet look where patience gets ya. "Career Bull?" I think that's a pretty clear statement in favor of patience and development for ALL our youngsters.

It would be ironic

But its a quid pro quo ya know

Marcus has won more respect from his team, and externally, from the greater basketball viewing public , because of the way he has handled himself and produced . He has shown growth in the head which is the big thing for me.

Patience ( IMO ) is deserving when there is something on the other end from he who is seeking other than something based in a sense of entitlement

You say dumb as dogcrap, I say right on target. The Triangle is slow and stagnent with Will in there, and quick and effective with Jamal in there. I know JWill is the "golden boy"... but the kid needs to start working harder. There is a lot of pressure on him, and prolly unjustly to. I have faith he'll get it eventually, but as of right now, he's not. Giving him 35 minutes a game to learn "on the fly" is going to give us another 1-11 road trip. It's time to start looking into an even platoon or a double-J backcourt...
We don't actually run the triangle

Next.

Wow, you got that all in one sentance. No periods, no commas. Your third grade english teacher would be so proud...
Now repeat after me:

Not to compare myself to the late great Jack Kerouac but his original manuscript for On the Road was written in a continous 3 day benzedrine fuelled burst on a type roll that was 35,000 unpunctuated words in length

His 3rd grade teacher was very proud to have taught one of the greatest American writers of the 20th Century. Kerouac also figured that was what publishing editors were for

Not repeat after me :

Before I try and take the pizz on an English 101 call out , I will learn to make sure I spell "sentance" (sic) properly.

I'm glad you think your psychic, but how you think you know everyone is on the "first plane out" is beyond me.
Crystal balling has got nothing to do with it .

I just think it is logical tat if you don't put a structure in place that allows your future core to succeed early , it is easy for them to get down and jump ship when someone comes along and waves money and a better bvasketball situation.

A rational person has to at least acknowledge this contingency

Despite some of your insinuations, Jay & Jamal & Tyson & Curry GET ALONG. Watch a sideline, it's pretty obvious.
Obvious to anyone that needs to beleive the good guy Jon and Ponch buddy cop fairytale

I wish I could tell you some things I know for fact about Jamal and Jay but I can't - direct quotes from Jamal after getting yanked that would be extremely damaging if they were ever published

I expect you to take that with a grain of salt and fair enough if you do . I could not care less. I know what has been said which underscores his attitude toward Jay despite the PR sanitised hogwash that people who need to believe it so willingly buy into.

What is the POINT of getting a guy like Eddie if by your own admission we won't rely on him once we get to the meat of the playoffs. 4 years down the road EJ will have lost more game then he already has. If EJ will not be there when we need him... why get him at all?
Remember Harp and how he contributed to championships with the Bulls and Lakers once his zap had gone

As my man PJ O'Rourke intoned :

Age and guile beats youth , beauty ... and a bad haircut

As for drafting, yeah, your right, it's so easy to pick out a player to supplant Eddie Jones with the 18th to 21th pick. Guys like Desmond Mason sliding down happens all the time :rolleyes:
Have a look over the last half a dozen years who has been picked up 14 - 20 not to mention the fertile 2nd round.

Glad I could help. :D
Not at all... and I mean that

:)

Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

His 3rd grade teacher was very proud to have taught one of the greatest American writers of the 20th Century. Kerouac also figured that was what publishing editors were for

I wish I could tell you some things I know for fact about Jamal and Jay but I can't - direct quotes from Jamal after getting yanked that would be extremely damaging if they were ever published

1) It's all about communication.

2) You can't drop a paragraph like that and not elaborate. please do tell...

Everyone wearing the red, black & white is "my boy".
Unlike some people... I give all "my boys" equal treatment.

It would be ironic

Marcus has won more respect from his team, and externally, from the greater basketball viewing public , because of the way he has handled himself and produced . He has shown growth in the head which is the big thing for me.

Patience ( IMO ) is deserving when there is something on the other end from he who is seeking other than something based in a sense of entitlement
Patience is deserving of every young player, regardless of how much you like or dislike them.

That is why some people are cut out to build a team... and some... are not.

Next.
Funny, I couda sworn according to Jerry, Bill, every coach, and every player that we do..

but hey, whatever you say... :rolleyes:

Now repeat after me:

Not to compare myself to the late great Jack Kerouac but his original manuscript for On the Road was written in a continous 3 day benzedrine fuelled burst on a type roll that was 35,000 unpunctuated words in length

Not repeat after me :

Before I try and take the pizz on an English 101 call out , I will learn to make sure I spell "sentance" (sic) properly.
That's the Queens English.

Now, do we really want to get into a spelling bee? This from the man who makes up his own words? Please.

Shall I read through your post to bring up numerous times you've mispelled or misused words?
No, it would be quite childish.

I just think it is logical tat if you don't put a structure in place that allows your future core to succeed early , it is easy for them to get down and jump ship when someone comes along and waves money and a better bvasketball situation.

What's a "tat"? & "bvasketball"?
(opps, sorry, don't want to get into that game)

Obvious to anyone that needs to beleive the good guy Jon and Ponch buddy cop fairytale

I expect you to take that with a grain of salt and fair enough if you do . I could not care less. I know what has been said which underscores his attitude toward Jay despite the PR sanitised hogwash that people who need to believe it so willingly buy into.
Sounds vaguely like something I've heard once, twice, or sixteen times before.

Gee Wiz, everyone and thier mother has Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this inside info that they cannot share. But they'll share that they know it, because everyone is impressed by that.

I know I am. :rolleyes:

Remember Harp and how he contributed to championships with the Bulls and Lakers once his zap had gone

Well, then let's just get cut all the youngsters, and sign THard, McCloud, Manning, re-sign Blount... Maybe we can coax Walton out of retirement! Anyone got Birds number?!???

I'm sure the All-Gerital team would be fun to watch AND a championship juggernaut.

I smell a dynasty!!!!
Wait....
That's just Ben-Gay....

Have a look over the last half a dozen years who has been picked up 14 - 20 not to mention the fertile 2nd round.
While many a soild player has been picked up in the 14-20 & second round... Most have been just that, soild. Not too many difference makers in the long haul.

I can only show you the facts and explain them to you.

What you choose to do with them is your own business....

Enough is enough, eh?

Originally posted by FJ_of _Rockaway!

Everyone wearing the red, black & white is "my boy".
Unlike some people... I give all "my boys" equal treatment.

quote:

It would be ironic

Patience is deserving of every young player, regardless of how much you like or dislike them.

That is why some people are cut out to build a team... and some... are not.

quote:

Next.

Funny, I couda sworn according to Jerry, Bill, every coach, and every player that we do..

but hey, whatever you say...

quote:
Now repeat after me:

Not repeat after me :

That's the Queens English.

Now, do we really want to get into a spelling bee? This from the man who makes up his own words? Please.

Shall I read through your post to bring up numerous times you've mispelled or misused words?
No, it would be quite childish.

quote:

What's a "tat"? & "bvasketball"?
(opps, sorry, don't want to get into that game)

quote:

Sounds vaguely like something I've heard once, twice, or sixteen times before.

Gee Wiz, everyone and thier mother has Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this inside info that they cannot share. But they'll share that they know it, because everyone is impressed by that.

I know I am.

quote:

Well, then let's just get cut all the youngsters, and sign THard, McCloud, Manning, re-sign Blount... Maybe we can coax Walton out of retirement! Anyone got Birds number?!???

I'm sure the All-Gerital team would be fun to watch AND a championship juggernaut.

I smell a dynasty!!!!
Wait....
That's just Ben-Gay....

quote:

While many a soild player has been picked up in the 14-20 & second round... Most have been just that, soild. Not too many difference makers in the long haul.

quote:

I can only show you the facts and explain them to you.

What you choose to do with them is your own business....

IF you "adults" wish to take this topic further, please do so in a PM. It is most boring . if you wish to discuss the thread topic fine, but lets stop the back and forth remarks concerning spelling or grammar, eh? thanks.

Re: Enough is enough, eh?

Originally posted by <b>BamaBull</b>!

IF you "adults" wish to take this topic further, please do so in a PM. It is most boring . if you wish to discuss the thread topic fine, but lets stop the back and forth remarks concerning spelling or grammar, eh? thanks.
Sorry you don't see the humor in it. I know I do, I've been laughing my butt off the past 2 days.

Bama- if you are going to remove off-topic remarks, please remove them ALL, not just the last 2 of the thread.

My apologies to all for going slightly (ha) off-topic, but there is no need to go into name-calling...

Discussion starter · #36 ·
The deletions were mine. Neither post had anything to do with basketball, and no editing I could do would fix that.

I do see the humor in what you guys are doing, but my intent is to keep the discussion focused on basketball and not on eachother. We're trying to attract more and more people to come post here all the time, and they might get the wrong idea from reading those kinds of posts (that the environment is hostile).

I'm a fan of both of your posts, and have enjoyed the discussion. The posts I didn't delete had a lot to do with basketball, with perhaps a barb thrown in here and there.

BamaBull is one of the most lenient administrators we have here, on any of the boards. When he speaks up, it's usually for a good reason. It's _rare_.

Peace, and keep up the good work!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.