Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that he's healty and the team has proven to be one of the best in basketball without it's best player.

Perhaps they'd move that player to deepen their bench, and begin to look towards the future and flexibility in the future.

The superstar is coming off injury, and is 30 or so...but you've got to start somewhere with this starless team and give the youth a chance to experience playing with someone who plays on a high level. Even if he's only here for 6 more years...

Chicago trades:
PF Antonio Davis (9.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.5 apg in 33.5 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (13.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.8 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 35.1 minutes)

Chicago receives:
SG Chris Webber (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 35.1 minutes)

(don't know why realgm calls him a sg---also, this trade works with KH--which they could rightfully demand)

Curry becomes the centerpiece---if they can successfully integrate him into their offense, they're set for the next 10 years. Jamal and AD lengthen the bench, and the presence of veterans and a winning atmosphere allows Jamal to develop into the kind of guard he thinks (and we thought) he can be.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
It makes sense for the Kings. I don't think taking on AD's contract would really hurt them at all, and it would definitely lay it off of our backs. The only whole we may have is at SG, depending if Jay Williams comes back or not. With the position we're in right now, I suppose finding an above average SG via draft wouldn't be too hard.

I agree with FJ though, having Chandler in the deal instead of Curry may lure the Kings even more into making the deal.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
Trade probably makes more sense for Sac if you include Tyson Chandler for Eddy Curry
Chandler and Curry +big cake for Webber? Kings will reject the offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts